• PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Bnet Name:pard
  • Bnet Realm:Azeroth

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE(barongsia @ Apr 30 2009, 08:57 AM) View Post

Hi there~ This is my first post on the forum.  wink.gif

I'm an avid fan of FV though I'm not that good yet.  wub.gif

This guide is really informative but I have something to share here.

I think the answer on whether to get MoM/Satanic or PT/BoT is very subjective.
Like, if the game drags on until late, perhaps MoM can be swapped for Satanic and PT can be sold for BoT since by that time the IAS by PT can be negligible as compared to the other core items you might have gotten, e.g. Butterfly.

Satanic is no bad choice actually 'cos initially the Helm of D can be used to dominate creeps whose aura can be helpful for you while you MC. Like the centaur's IAS aura and the wolfie's Command Aura.

Well, I still think everything depends on who you're playing with and who are in your team.  smile.gif

PS: BF is not a bad item, but 2 BF is unacceptable to me.  tongue.gif

I don't see how an item that gives 60 ias is unacceptable on a dps hero. While the evasion will be useless, you still get quite a bit of armor and damage too, and since it's attribute based it will benefit from a teammate with vlad or your own suggestion of a command aura from a neutral creep.

#342 Cáno Tolto

Cáno Tolto

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Bnet Name:cano.pl
  • Bnet Realm:Northrend

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:56 AM

Anything is better than second Bfly. AC is a good choice after first one. Same attack speed, much more survivablity, amplifies your dmg. Bfly has no advantage over at this point. HoT is even better in most cases, because with high armor and evasion it takes ages to kill you. Well, just read the guide.

Bactrack is one of the most relaiable skills of dota!
blink.gif

A really good guide, deserving Premium. I agree with both skill and item build, but Void is on my blacklist so I'll not play him anyway.

Greets
Cáno

#343 pard

pard

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Bnet Name:pard

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE(Cáno Tolto @ May 17 2009, 11:56 AM) View Post

Anything is better than second Bfly. AC is a good choice after first one. Same attack speed, much more survivablity, amplifies your dmg. Bfly has no advantage over at this point. HoT is even better in most cases, because with high armor and evasion it takes ages to kill you. Well, just read the guide.

I had OP's build figured out long before I read his guide.

Back to the point, second butterfly will get you:

4.2 armor (about 5% dmg reduction)
60 dmg (65 alone if someone has vlad)
60 ias

An AC:
15 armor (around 11% dmg reduction)
slight dmg amplifying
55 ias.

While the 15 armor is nice, it will not keep you alive if the whole other team WANTS you dead, hp will though, and that's the point of adding as much damage to your build as you can (you're a dps hero, after all, and lifestealing is your best friend)

HoT is an item I never really consider unless the other team wants my head on a stick. I rather go for Mordiggian instead because the 500 hp is just what'll need to take a few more hits and flee if I have to, the 40dmg and 25ias also guarantees some nice hp regen that will cope with the bit of extra tanking you need to do.

Something very important the OP never really got to talk about (probably because it happened after he wrote the guide) is that MoM is now a win/win kind of item. It gives you lifesteal, 75ias, and if you activate it right after you tw in, your tw cooldown will be gone just a sec before it fades out, and when timed correctly you can avoid taking the extra damage (life saver).

Anyway, try a mordiggian after a butterfly if you feel like needing some more survivality, I guarantee it beats both AC and HoT as far as carrying goes.

#344 Cáno Tolto

Cáno Tolto

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Bnet Name:cano.pl

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:41 AM

4.2 armor (about 5% dmg reduction)
15 armor (around 11% dmg reduction)
The math here is wrong. It's impossible to say how much dmg reduction will a given item give if you don't know how much armor does the hero have. It doesn't matter though, because butterfly adds 25.2% of your HP to your EHP while AC adds 90%. And remember about the auras.

Armlet is definitely a great item on Void. Better than second Bfly and in some cases better than HoT. But mass hp is really useful this day. It all depends on both sides' picks.

Greets
Cáno

Greets
Cáno

#345 junz13

junz13

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Bnet Name:JunZ13

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:51 AM

This guide has worked wonders for me in a pub! ROFL.png here's the replay.

Edit: How to you attach replays? :-?

Edited by junz13, 22 May 2009 - 01:52 AM.

#346 DragonBice

DragonBice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Bnet Name:DragonBice

Posted 23 May 2009 - 01:06 AM

Hey man!

Good guide!
I never considered myself a very good FV player and I usually don't play the role of the agility carry since I like cool sorcerers and spellcasters better ^^

It's fun though, to look at guides about heroes that you never play and then try the strategy out. I did so and it turned out to be a very good strategy. I played a SIG to try it out, it was an -rd game and I was Orange so I picked void last of all after insisting that my one of my team mates picked omniknight biggrin.png

Omniknight (actually most of my team) kinda sucked but he babysat me on lane and repelled me later on in the game, I got a good farm and I followed the item build you suggested exactly and ended up with Power Treads, MoM, 2 Wraith Bands (after selling 1 of my 3), Butterfly & Buriza. 9 kills, 0 deaths, 9 assists.

In other words:

Good guide! Strategy works! Skill build works! Item build works!

Thanks tongue.gif

#347 Alatar_IT

Alatar_IT

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Bnet Name:Alatar
  • Bnet Realm:none

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:55 AM

Hello!! Nice guide... Faceless void is one of my favourite heroes. I don´t like so many abreviations in the guide. Sometimes I just don´t know what are you talking about! I think that you need an object that gives you mana regeneration (well, you give linken sphere as an option), but that´s just me... I LOVE SPELLCASTERs, I think EVERYBODY needs mana. And I was wondering, with the new version anghamis scepter will improve Chronosphere: It gives 10 to all stats, 200 HP, 150 mana, and increases the duration of chrono by 1 sec, and the cooldown is reduced to 75 at all levels... Considering it costs 4300 gold, do you think it´s a good idea to get it? And you would change it for what item?
Oh, by the way, what´s ganking?

#348 nekdolan

nekdolan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1465 posts
  • Interests:DOTA!!!
  • Bnet Name:nekdolan
  • Potential:CR

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:16 AM

Fixed pictures, and made some minor changes

#349 Craxuan

Craxuan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Interests:Destroy and create. Essentially everything we're doing in our lives.
  • Bnet Name:Craxuan

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:33 PM

Well, I've been trying out this hero for a few weeks.

I've went for the Quel + Slippers + 2 Branch + Tango. Works well enough.

Went a RoH first, with the added Regeneration I either rush MoM then or get a Preseverance. Usually MoM.

Then Boots, then Fury. Around 25 minutes (Fastest) I can get all of them. Treads later.

What I want to talk about is: MKB should be made a situational choice instead of rejected. It has been buffed lately, yes, and True Strike can be used on Evasion heroes.

Its components can be farmed relatively faster (2400+1500+1500) than Butterfly. It grants +80 damage, some AS, mini stuns and now True Strike. With Backtrack there's usually not that much need to rush Butterfly. It can be done later. Nowadays disabling and interrupting is more important in DotA, am I right?

And a question. For example, after I've finished neutralling and was walking away from the camp, I notice that my FV took slight damage after a few seconds even though nothing was hitting him (The warning that your hero has been attacked). Is it an effect from Backtrack? If so, how exactly does it work?

#350 Alatar_IT

Alatar_IT

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Bnet Name:Alatar

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE(Craxuan @ Aug 14 2009, 01:33 AM) View Post

I notice that my FV took slight damage after a few seconds even though nothing was hitting him (The warning that your hero has been attacked). Is it an effect from Backtrack? If so, how exactly does it work?

Where you using mask of madness? Maybe you were told you were under attack because the effects wore off and received the extra damage...

#351 dagon crow gg

dagon crow gg

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Bnet Name:MENTALGEN
  • Bnet Realm:Lordaeron

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:03 AM

Could you plase post your opinion on phase boots into the guild? Thank you very much.

#352 roc6195145

roc6195145

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Bnet Name:roc75258

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:51 PM

Why did you reveal that creep controlling technique? ROFL.png I have been using it for a while already. Last shot/Deny with melee hero against ranged enemies is so easy with this technique lol

#353 JukeboxDragon

JukeboxDragon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Bnet Name:JukeboxDragon

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE(pard @ May 14 2009, 07:02 PM) View Post

I don't see how an item that gives 60 ias is unacceptable on a dps hero. While the evasion will be useless, you still get quite a bit of armor and damage too, and since it's attribute based it will benefit from a teammate with vlad or your own suggestion of a command aura from a neutral creep.

Just so you know, backtrack is a triggered heal, and will stack with butterfly's evasion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users