#21 nej

nej

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Bnet Name:jen
  • Bnet Realm:none

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:00 AM

last time i can play dota in garena smoothly, but recently i have a problem with that. I can log in into it, but i cant see the ping beside the player's name, and i cant see any game when i press start game and choose LAN. Sry if my ENGLISH was bad.

#22 Champ

Champ

Go go DotA!

• Community Elder
  • 2269 posts
  • Interests:DotA Allstars, Halo 3, Girls, Friends, & Parties.. :D
  • Bnet Name:Champ)
  • Bnet Realm:Azeroth

Posted 25 September 2008 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE(nej @ Sep 25 2008, 09:00 AM) View Post

last time i can play dota in garena smoothly, but recently i have a problem with that. I can log in into it, but i cant see the ping beside the player's name, and i cant see any game when i press start game and choose LAN. Sry if my ENGLISH was bad.

Go to add and remove programs and remove garena.  Go to www.garena.com and reinstall it.

#23 Diodio2

Diodio2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Bnet Name:Di0ny
  • Bnet Realm:Northrend

Posted 04 October 2008 - 07:56 PM

I can't see any games at all. And when I create the games people can't see them.

#24 Champ

Champ

Go go DotA!

• Community Elder
  • 2269 posts
  • Interests:DotA Allstars, Halo 3, Girls, Friends, & Parties.. :D

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE(Diodio2 @ Oct 4 2008, 09:56 PM) View Post

I can't see any games at all. And when I create the games people can't see them.

Go to add and remove programs and remove garena.  Go to www.garena.com and reinstall it.

#25 syedwajahat17

syedwajahat17

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Bnet Name:HellsGuardian

Posted 19 December 2008 - 07:23 AM

well i have problem watching garena tv,

it says the game needs some save file,
i have the latest dota map and patch but still its say so

#26 supa_fly.

supa_fly.

>( '-` )<

• Administrators
  • 2145 posts
  • Bnet Name:supa_fly
  • Potential:CG

Posted 20 December 2008 - 07:14 AM

QUOTE(syedwajahat17 @ Dec 19 2008, 11:23 AM) View Post

Oh hi, sorry for not noticing your question earlier. Did you upload your war3.exe file? You need to if you didn't. If you have, I'm not sure, but I think this is it. When you try to watch a replay on Garena TV, and you haven't uploaded your .exe, this should come up.
IPB Image
If you have uploaded your .exe, it will look like the above.
If you haven't there will be a blank space where the red circle is. Click the box with the white circle around it and go to C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\war3.exe, upload it, and you should be good. If that isn't the solution, I don't know. Sorry.

Edited by supa_fly., 20 December 2008 - 07:53 AM.

#27 Dark Rogue

Dark Rogue

Teardrop in the fire

• Moderators
  • 3069 posts
  • Bnet Name:omg I haz a Bnet name?!
  • Potential:Pwn

Posted 20 December 2008 - 07:44 AM

I keep getting this error:

IPB Image

#28 Champ

Champ

Go go DotA!

• Community Elder
  • 2269 posts
  • Interests:DotA Allstars, Halo 3, Girls, Friends, &amp; Parties.. :D

Posted 20 December 2008 - 08:25 AM

QUOTE(syedwajahat17 @ Dec 19 2008, 10:23 AM) View Post

You need to have the saved game data to watch it.  That means you need to watch the previous part of the match on Garena TV too get that data.

QUOTE(Dark Rogue @ Dec 20 2008, 10:44 AM) View Post

Go to add and remove programs and remove garena. Go to www.garena.com and reinstall it.

That should fix it.

#29 Dark Rogue

Dark Rogue

Teardrop in the fire

• Moderators
  • 3069 posts
  • Bnet Name:omg I haz a Bnet name?!
  • Potential:Pwn

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:07 AM

Still not working sad.gif

#30 nuttyguy

nuttyguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Bnet Name:ukE-n[U]tty

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:52 AM

hey i was wondering how the hell do u search for the option to recieve live ggtv broadcast because i cant find the option
p.s ive looked in the options of the garena tv and the option of the client garena itself and i jsut cant find it
the interface is different from the one in the guides and ggtv or garena tv button is different from the one in the guide

Edited by nuttyguy, 06 January 2009 - 08:54 AM.

#31 Champ

Champ

Go go DotA!

• Community Elder
  • 2269 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE(nuttyguy @ Jan 6 2009, 11:52 AM) View Post

hey i was wondering how the hell do u search for the option to recieve live ggtv broadcast because i cant find the option
p.s ive looked in the options of the garena tv and the option of the client garena itself and i jsut cant find it
the interface is different from the one in the guides and ggtv or garena tv button is different from the one in the guide

There is no search box for Garena TV.  Once they get old its gone I believe.

#32 nuttyguy

nuttyguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Bnet Name:ukE-n[U]tty

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE(Champ @ Jan 6 2009, 11:41 PM) View Post

There is no search box for Garena TV.  Once they get old its gone I believe.

im not talking about the search box im talking about the option so that if a live game is on garena has jsut started a pop up should come up and ask me whether i want to watch it or not but i cant find the option and its really annoying

#33 The_Lone_Wolf14

The_Lone_Wolf14

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Interests:Thats seriously my email adress.<br />Dota, Suggestions. My real life, NTY.
  • Bnet Name:dr.Hyno

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:02 PM

Whever I use Garena for some reason I cannot use vent unless my screen is actually on vent. What I mean is that during WC3 (that's Garena is running) or just on the Garena website, I cannot use vent. If i actually have my mouse and everything on vent i can talk. My click to talk button is Control, not sure if that matters. Any idea whats up?

#34 Champ

Champ

Go go DotA!

• Community Elder
  • 2269 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE(nuttyguy @ Jan 7 2009, 11:28 AM) View Post

im not talking about the search box im talking about the option so that if a live game is on garena has jsut started a pop up should come up and ask me whether i want to watch it or not but i cant find the option and its really annoying

Oh sorry, I don't think there is an option for that.  If there is than I don't know about it, go to Garena.com/forum and make a post there in there support section.

#35 supa_fly.

supa_fly.

>( '-` )<

• Administrators
  • 2145 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE(The_Lone_Wolf14 @ Jan 7 2009, 05:02 PM) View Post

Whever I use Garena for some reason I cannot use vent unless my screen is actually on vent. What I mean is that during WC3 (that's Garena is running) or just on the Garena website, I cannot use vent. If i actually have my mouse and everything on vent i can talk. My click to talk button is Control, not sure if that matters. Any idea whats up?

This is actually a Ventrilo issue—and I have the same problem. I can't use push to talk when Warcraft or Garena is loaded. In the mean time, just turn of push to talk. Once you've done this the only was you can talk is by triggering it through speaking loudly so the microphone recognizes it, or tapping on the mic to turn it on. It's pretty annoying, but it's a useful alternative until you get in fixed. To turn off push to talk, just un-check the box that says "Use Push To Talk Hotkey ( PTT Mode )", which is right above where you set your push to talk hotkey. Good luck, I hope someone knows why we can't use push to talk when Warcraft in initialized. sad.gif

Then again, The_Lone_Wolf14, changing your hotkey might work for you. Try it.

#36 The_Lone_Wolf14

The_Lone_Wolf14

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Interests:Thats seriously my email adress.<br />Dota, Suggestions. My real life, NTY.
  • Bnet Name:dr.Hyno

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:19 PM

K i tried switching the key, didn't work. My clan makes me go on garena alot, and this is a really annoying problem. Anyone know anything that can help?

#37 evred

evred

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Bnet Name:evred

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:12 PM

So this is probably an ignorant question, but I've only just recently heard of garena.  From what I understand is that its a program to watch/ play dota. Does this mean its becoming the new bnet, only its just for dota instead of all those other custom games? And why is it so becoming so big now?  I'm on a mac and I dont know if i should install it or just play on bnet and be fine.  Seems a lot of clans want you to have it but i dont get why.  Sorry if this is dumb too

#38 supa_fly.

supa_fly.

>( '-` )<

• Administrators
  • 2145 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE(evred @ Jan 12 2009, 06:12 PM) View Post

Does this mean its becoming the new bnet, only its just for dota instead of all those other custom games?

Though Garena is very popular, I don't think Battle.Net loses a great deal of players—for instance I use Garena and Battle.Net, but that doesn't mean I always have to use Garena or have to use Battle.Net, it's just another option (also, you can play other custom games on Garena).

And why is it so becoming so big now?

Garena reaps a lot of benefits, especially for foreign players. It:
  • Reduces lag being that it is played on LAN. In some cases, Asian players can play on an American player's host without lag or delay.
  • Every time you play a game—and based on how long the game is—you earn a certain amount of experience which eventually turn into levels, which is something Battle.Net doesn't have (unless you're a league player).
  • There are "higher level rooms" that allow you to play with more experienced players. These rooms are only attainable by level, but you are not restricted to play in them—if you're content with playing in the lower level rooms because you don't think you're ready, that's fine.
  • A great deal of leagues use Garena now, and it is sometimes required.

For the most part, Garena is very fitting for foreign players, but most North Americans play on Battle.Net. It's no problem to use both Garena and Battle.Net—it's not always a bad thing to mix it up tongue.gif, but both have their ups and downs. There's no cost to download it, so maybe you should just try a few games and see how you like it.

#39 evred

evred

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Bnet Name:evred

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:31 PM

I guess it doesn't matter. Unless I'm blind, there is no mac version of garena so I guess I have to stick to bnet

#40 rhyno_payne

rhyno_payne

Alpha Epsilon Pi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2249 posts
  • Bnet Name:Rhyno_Payne
  • Potential:G

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE(The_Lone_Wolf14 @ Jan 7 2009, 08:19 PM) View Post

K i tried switching the key, didn't work. My clan makes me go on garena alot, and this is a really annoying problem. Anyone know anything that can help?

All you have to do is right click ventrillo, and there should be an option that says "run as administrator." If you run it as an administrator, you will be able to speak while on Garena or while on Garena hosted BNET. I want a cookie for solving this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users