[STR-SCRG] Monthollow, the Cold One

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

Poll: If you find this message, you get a cookie! (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Shall Monthollow feast upon thy DotA heroes?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#41 Lill

Lill

Genius and madness are separated only by degrees of success.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2033 posts
  • Interests:Epicness<br />Clockwork<br />Arguing<br />Magic the Gathering (Timmy / Johnny player)<br />Fighting games (Guilty Gear specifically, Potemkin)<br />RTS<br />RPG<br />Old-school games (Silver, for example)
  • Bnet Name:BlueMirage
  • Bnet Realm:Northrend
  • Potential:R

Posted 25 December 2008 - 02:41 PM

f you put down the abyss and attack a nearby hero without teleporting, you won't move the hero by much, since he'll reach the abyss within a few hits anyway.

And by the time you're supposed to have gotten him there, he will have moved away from it.

Seriously, you need more than 0.33 attack speed if you want to be able to make the displace factor of this skill higher than the enemies movespeed. LEARN TO COUNT.
If you never manage to get a hit in, it's weaker than most disables. But if you manage to surprise the enemy or have an ally initiate first with a disable, there's almost nothing the enemy can do to stop being pulled across several hundred units.

Let's combo Dark Abyss with a common combo skill, let's say Storm Bolt. Disables for two seconds, yes?

Now, how many hits could he get in in the period of two seconds? Three, maybe even four. 400 range.

400 range is equal to level 1 hook. Yeah, powerful. [/sarcasm]

#42 u1uMu1u

u1uMu1u

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Bnet Name:u1uMu1u

Posted 25 December 2008 - 06:14 PM

I really like this hero. Nice synergy, awesome ultimate. That hero would be damn scary, especially if u get some items very quickly on him. Whenever u kill a hero, u have to fear that this lovely hero will get bloody revenge  tongue.gif. I don't know what to critizise about him, i really would like to have this hero in dota -> t-up

even though i would rather like it to be a balanar remake than a new one because balanar is really a stupid hero ><

#43 Lill

Lill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2033 posts
  • Interests:Epicness<br />Clockwork<br />Arguing<br />Magic the Gathering (Timmy / Johnny player)<br />Fighting games (Guilty Gear specifically, Potemkin)<br />RTS<br />RPG<br />Old-school games (Silver, for example)

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:41 PM

even though i would rather like it to be a balanar remake than a new one because balanar is really a stupid hero ><

Then go vote on it as that. I've suggested it as that.

#44 Face Smasher

Face Smasher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Bnet Name:Pinchy
  • Bnet Realm:none

Posted 26 December 2008 - 04:43 PM

i liked the hero but i dont think it should be as balanar rebalanced
i suggest to change his model and make another evil one smile.gif

#45 Lill

Lill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2033 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 06:12 PM

i liked the hero but i dont think it should be as balanar rebalanced

This is a hero suggestion, not a remake.
i suggest to change his model and make another evil one

You're voting on cosmetics. Have you read the forum rules?

#46 Face Smasher

Face Smasher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE(Lill @ Dec 12 2008, 01:30 AM) View Post

I like that. Allies betraying each other.
Would be fun to have Balanar on your own team, but if you're facing him... bleh.

^ What he said (I had forgotten I made those calculations).

nice

Edited by Face Smasher, 26 December 2008 - 06:44 PM.

#47 Face Smasher

Face Smasher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE(Lill @ Dec 26 2008, 09:12 PM) View Post

are you for real?
the hero got almost the same model as balanar
i suggest to make it with other model cause if its not a remake there is already a model that look 98% like
this in the game
i cant believe i need to explain this  
pay attention please dont spam just to down comments that you dont go for you
and please if you cant take a criticism dont bother to post suggestions cause
you will get it and you will get it like hell
not all ideas are good i understand that its your hero and you feel bad
when people says bad things about it (not that i said something bad)
but spamming for nothing just to make your point which was nothing really wont get you votes
sry not T-up from me
cheers good day

#48 Nagareboshi

Nagareboshi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Bnet Name:Nagareboshi

Posted 27 December 2008 - 12:30 AM

pay attention please dont spam just to down comments that you dont go for you
and please if you cant take a criticism dont bother to post suggestions cause

umm..>_> aren't you doing the same? very logical to do excatly what your telling people not to do >_<

anyways what your suggesting is a cosmetic matter, his model can easily be modified to make it more different from the current balanar via vertex coloring, n special effects.

anyways thank you for not T-D'ing either, it would have been uncool otherwise ~_~;;

good day to you too ^_^

#49 Face Smasher

Face Smasher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE(Nagareboshi @ Dec 27 2008, 03:30 AM) View Post

umm..>_> aren't you doing the same? very logical to do excatly what your telling people not to do >_<
criticism
anyways what your suggesting is a cosmetic matter, his model can easily be modified to make it more different from the current balanar via vertex coloring, n special effects.

anyways thank you for not T-D'ing either, it would have been uncool otherwise ~_~;;

good day to you too ^_^

i said i like the hero smile.gif
and ALSO said what i think about the model
just funny to see how mad he got from simple criticism
shows is lvl of maturity i guess i say it in the must honest way

#50 Lill

Lill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2033 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:42 AM

i said i like the hero  and ALSO said what i think about the model just funny to see how mad he got from simple criticism shows is lvl of maturity i guess i say it in the must honest way

I agree. You've just proven yourself to be 100% immature.

I don't have one clue why you think I got mad with this response. I'm countering your arguments, nothing else. Learn to accept criticism.

#51 k900

k900

Enthusiastic

• Moderators
  • 4004 posts
  • Bnet Name:K900

Posted 29 December 2008 - 09:38 AM

Thread Starter:
Your thread has reached the required voting percentage to be considered for Potential Reviewing. However, as Judging Forum is currently reviewing the maximum recommended number of heroes (3), your suggestion has been placed on the Heroes and Items Review Waiting List. In due time, your thread will be moved to Judging Forum, where it will be reviewed for entry into Potentials; provided it maintains the required voting percentage when I or another mod looks over this thread to move it.

Thank You.

#52 k900

k900

Enthusiastic

• Moderators
  • 4004 posts
  • Bnet Name:K900

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:50 AM

Suggestion taken into consideration for potential review.

Reference links:
The Suggestions Ascension System

#53 Dark Rogue

Dark Rogue

Teardrop in the fire

• Moderators
  • 3069 posts
  • Bnet Name:omg I haz a Bnet name?!
  • Potential:Pwn

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:58 PM

[14/32] Original Mechanics and Elegance

[1/4] Bloodline - It's original, but I dislike the concept so much...

[3/4] Dark Abyss - I like the concept.

[1/4] Haemophilia - 3.5 seconds will change absolutely nothing if numbers that little are in question. Not very interesting either.

[4/4] Icon of Sin - I like this one - a lot. It'll give a whole new meaning to chasing.

[5/16] Skillset/Playstyle - I dislike most of his skills, and I the fact that he has no disables or nukes is very very bad for a ganker.

[2/5] Role and Versatility

Ganker, and a chaser, with his skills, though no disables to back up either of that.

[3/9] Synergy

[2/4] Skill Synergy - You might be able to heal from Bloodline with Dark Abyss and Icon of Sin, but that's it.

[1/3] Ally Synergy - Rapid attackers will love his Abyss.

[0/2] Item Synergy - Absolutely nothing will go well with his skills.

[7/8] Theme

[2/3] Fitting with DotA – Theroretically speaking, the cold blooded killer theme is somewhat fitting.

[5/5] Original and Consistent - I'll give you that... Even though we have a vampire.

[0/2] Place in DotA

I don't see him going to DotA at all. He needs a ton of work to be ready for it.

Review of Results:

FAIL - [14/32] Original Mechanics and Elegance
FAIL - [2/5] Role and Versatility
FAIL - [3/9] Synergy
PASS - [7/8] Theme
FAIL - [0/2] Place in DotA

[26/56] - Total Score

[1/5] - Categories Passed

Judge’s Response - You seemed to have a good idea on paper, but I don't think it'll work.

Verdict: Denied

#54 Scarthem

Scarthem

Veteran

• Forum Crew
  • 296 posts
  • Interests:Alternative Rock. What more do you need?
  • Bnet Name:Scarthem
  • Bnet Realm:Azeroth
  • Potential:A

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:49 PM

[ ? / 32 ] Original Mechanics and Elegance

[ 2 / 4 ] Skill 1 - While this skill is reminiscent of Rupture, it is done in an inverted way.  It ties in nicely with the ultimate, but I question if it would be too powerful.  After all, 20 seconds of it on one person could be powerful…but ten?
[ 3 / 4 ] Skill 2 - A skill meant to make the enemy run.  Seems as though it’s kind of strange, since it would effectively lower your attack speed if you had to keep running back up to the hero, since it would be pulled away from you early on.
[ 1 / 4 ] Skill 3 - I don’t like it.  Simply put, I feel it’s too short of a duration to be of much use, and one must attack for it to even trigger.
[ 4 / 4 ] Skill 4 - The best skill on this hero by far.  I like how much control this would give to a team.  There aren’t enough good things I could say about this.
[ 6 / 16 ] Playstyle - One could either be opportunistic, wait for a hero to die, and then jump in…or one could initiate, chase, hopefully gain life, and deal enough damage to kill.  It’s not really straightforward.  He relies solely on his damage to do anything…there are no great disables or nukes here, for this chaser.

[ 2 / 5 ] Role Versatility
He is built to chase and gank.  He has map control, but severely lacks the abilities required to fulfill his roles.

[ ? / 9 ] Synergy

[ 2 / 4 ] Skillset - His first and last skill synergize the most, and I suppose the second and first *could* in theory.  However…the speed one really doesn’t synergize well with the rest.
[ 1 / 3 ] Ally - Aside from supporting by jumping in…or using his allies to gain more HP, he only has Skill 2 to support fast attackers.
[ 0 / 2 ] Item - What would work well with this?  Maybe Butterfly for attack speed…but…he needs a Guinsoo more than anything for a disable.

[ 6 / 8 ] Theme

[ 2 / 3 ] Fitting - His theme fits, but Bloodseeker might be a bit upset that he’s no longer the only Hemo-lover.
[ 4 / 5 ] Original and Consistent - Semi-original, as I explained about our friend Bloodseeker.   Very consistent with his theme.

[ 0 / 2 ] Place in DotA
His theme is semi-used, but the main problem is that he is trying to be something he’s not.

Review of Results :

FAIL - Original Mechanics and Elegance
FAIL - Role Versatility
FAIL - Synergy
PASS - Theme
FAIL - Place in DotA

Verdict - Add in a disable or some other sort of weakener, and it might seem better.

Denied

Edited by Scarthem, 04 June 2009 - 06:49 PM.

#55 Dark Rogue

Dark Rogue

Teardrop in the fire

• Moderators
  • 3069 posts
  • Bnet Name:omg I haz a Bnet name?!
  • Potential:Pwn

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:53 PM

Thread Starter:
Your topic has attained the following scores in the Potential subreviews:
==================================
Dark Rogue - [1/5] [Denied]
Scarthem - [1/5] [Denied]
==================================
Final Verdict: DENIED

The Heroes Judges have not deemed this topic worthy of entering Potentials.

Thank You.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users