Level 10: Mana Void
Level 11: Mana Void
Level 12: Blink
Level 13: Mana Break
Level 14: Spell Shield
Level 15: Stats
Level 16: Mana Void
Level 17-25: Stats

Do you use that build if u are fighting str or agi heroes?

QUOTE(bamzen @ Jun 12 2009, 08:52 PM) View Post

update on itemlist? I can very much see manta style on AM now, adds survivability, stats and more manaburn tongue.gif

I dunno why but i always have insufficient mp for void after i blink in and image (considering i farm manta ard lvl 8-10)

#542 F3ar_me

F3ar_me

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:Nonya buisness
  • Bnet Name:F3ar_me
  • Bnet Realm:Azeroth

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:15 AM

Wow this has helped me out a ton more than I thought it would. I gotta say thanks and also have my babys?

#543 ~Riou

~Riou

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Interests:Trance, parties, DotA, LOVE.
  • Bnet Name:Otori_Arizen
  • Bnet Realm:none

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:53 AM

So nothing has changed in your build guys? I really love your guide, updating it would be very very fucking much apreciated.

#544 failtrain

failtrain

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Bnet Name:baller

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE(Yieldingstrike @ Jun 13 2009, 09:14 AM) View Post

God you're annoying.. No, the guide will not be "un-premiumed" if he doesn't update it immediatly. Furthermore, just add quelling blade to the starting item list and replace the potential vanguard with poor mans shield and that's enough.

absolutely disagree. there are lots of other good guides floating around which doesn't get premiumed and this stays at the age of 1900 and remains premium? no.

#545 ~Riou

~Riou

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Interests:Trance, parties, DotA, LOVE.
  • Bnet Name:Otori_Arizen

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE(failtrain @ Jul 27 2009, 05:31 PM) View Post

absolutely disagree. there are lots of other good guides floating around which doesn't get premiumed and this stays at the age of 1900 and remains premium? no.

I do agree with you about not being updated, however other AM guides are not this detailed, except for sensei's guide.

#546 CoKoPuFFs

CoKoPuFFs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Bnet Name:CoKoPuFFs
  • Bnet Realm:Lordaeron

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:06 AM

This guide is pretty bad and I have no clue what it is doing in the Premium Guides section.

Linken's? Are you kidding me? Never was and never will be a good item for AM.

Core items for AM should be Strength Treads, 3 Wraiths, and Battlefury. From there, I would probably get Heart/Butterfly and throw in a Vlad's somewhere in between.

Edited by CoKoPuFFs, 01 August 2009 - 10:06 AM.

#547 idioticfool

idioticfool

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Bnet Name:idioticfool

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:17 AM

Lv4 stats?
Are you serious? AM's skill that cost mana is blink.
Its better to either get a lv of spell shield of blink dependsing on your situation.
You won't need that extra hp since you will be getting vanguard soon and it dosen't make a difference rather than blink or spell shield.
Linken as an item for am? Are you joking? He has a spell shield that makes caster cry and vanguard that assist him. Rather than spending 5k+ on a item worthless on am, perhaps focus on better items like hyperstone, AC, Bfly, basher or any items that improve attack speed or damage since what am is lacking is damage.

#548 arManiac

arManiac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Bnet Name:arManiac
  • Bnet Realm:Kalimdor

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE(Nothill @ Nov 13 2006, 09:32 AM) View Post

Your analysis sets your guide apart from the others. Among the best I've read.

I think it's THE BEST I've read. You covered every aspect of Magina's strenghts and weaknesses, you gave some hints how to avoid the latter, you showed great ways and opportunities on how to blink...... There wasn't any information that is useless here.

Again, THE BEST!!!!!!!

Edited by arManiac, 02 August 2009 - 11:03 AM.

#549 wild_dota_drow

wild_dota_drow

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Bnet Name:wild_dota_drow
  • Bnet Realm:Northrend

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:13 AM

Well concerning the strategy it is a very complete guide, nice job..but come on...
lvl 4 stats?
linken's?
solo lane is pretty hard too if your opponent is not a noob in a pub..

Core items for AM should be Strength Treads, 3 Wraiths, and Battlefury

come on man...battlefury on am? you meant butterfly i hope?

#550 idioticfool

idioticfool

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Bnet Name:idioticfool

Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:37 AM

Battlefury is a possible item for am.
But what he really needs is DPS items but once you feel your attack speed is good enough, he can start to focus on damage item, I mean whats the point in hitting so fast if you can't do shit against a tanker except burning his mana. Battlefury is an item if you are fully farmed and need to push badly assuming you have been mega creep-ed but still buriza is always a better choice.
Core Items should be any DPS items and afterwards damage items.

#551 Truebang

Truebang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Bnet Name:Bangalino

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:58 AM

I really liked the guide but i have other thoughts about the Vladimir`s Offering. I think its good at mid-game and not cause of the life steal but more like the armor the dmg and briliance aura it really helps out anti-mage especially when he`s so fragile like you said in the guide.Anyway your nice guide !  proud.gif

#552 ayekeya

ayekeya

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Getting smarter richer in life and getting better at DotA
  • Bnet Name:AYEKEYA

Posted 10 August 2009 - 01:22 AM

I think Bfury and Vlad would be good items in early to mid game ..
and that Break and blink should be maximized immediately so i guess levelling stats during lvl4 shouldn't be adivisable .. And for using Linken's .. I think the BKB is much better .. It is nice though .. appreciate the effort

Kudos

#553 TsunamiTR

TsunamiTR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Bnet Name:[W3]Glaedr

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:41 AM

Cant view images. just write ipb image in a square.

#554 banjkan3

banjkan3

Enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 3735 posts
  • Bnet Name:banjkan3

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:47 PM

New AM Build:

1.) Stout, Tangoes, 3x Branches

2.) Buy Quelling Blade, Magic Stick, and finish PoorMan'sShield at secret shop in which ever order makes sense.

3.) If the lane/game dictates it buy RoH from the shop as well

4.) finish magic wand + 2 wraiths + treads

5.) (Build Hood here if you still think you need, otherwise save RoH for perseverence)

6.) build Yasha

7.) finish Manta

8.) build Butterfly/Heart

GJ: Your build is complete

The early-game build is pretty great for AM now, PMS gives you a lot of survivability in lane, as well as meaning you can make a pseudo wraith.  Quelling + that animation + that base damage means you'll farm pretty great.  Magic stick is brilliant on this hero (as on every other), and lets you play even more games than you used to be able to.  

2 Wraiths + Treads pretty standard, str/agi depending on what you need

Yasha -> Manta pretty standard as well, lots of -ms, manaburning images, hp, int, agi, dmg nice nice.

Butterfly/Heart pretty great to finish off with, either one buffs up your images.  Get a vlads before if you're owning because you'll never need to go home.

After you can get what you want, basher, crit, bfury, hex IDC.  gl hf.

#555 eyrion

eyrion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Bnet Name:Eeyrion

Posted 21 August 2009 - 02:20 PM

Thank you very much for the guide,it helped me alot!  pirate2.gif

#556 Monster[Kill]

Monster[Kill]

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Bnet Name:SWE[MonsterKill]

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:24 AM

this guide SHOULDNT be premium, encouraging a lategame carry to gank alot mid game....rofl.

Edited by Monster[Kill], 22 August 2009 - 01:29 AM.

#557 Pericarion

Pericarion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Bnet Name:Zerathul

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:41 PM

Manta is absolutely the way to go for AM

-the build is beginning 2 slippers+flask+tangoes

-buy secret shop: stout+ror

-Make 2 wraiths and STR treads

You become kind of a threat with being able tu burn mana without dying in two hits, but the good stuff begins when you get the manta style

- Farm Yasha first and then the orb, or first the orb if you are having hp issues

When you've got yasha you just blink in split and start wacking, you can block enemy yourself, or if you are in the right place images will block him, also if you have an ally disable your enemy's mana will dissapear in no time as their hp will be going down as well

- Get a basher if no one has a disable (patethic pub game) to have some time to wack on enemies without running, or instead if you've got allies disables, go for Butterfly

-Finishing vlads is ok at this moment, assuming you saved your ror

Game is pretty over by now, if not, go for Hear, Guinsoo, whatever you may wish

Peace AM FTW!!!

#558 brandonh11

brandonh11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Bnet Name:brandonh2

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:41 AM

Thanks man! I owned late game with treads,vanguard,linkens and butterfly. I was just about to get buriza. I got the 2 regens cause I thought I would be pretty weak.

#559 Coincollecter

Coincollecter

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Bnet Name:---

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:00 AM

Although a bit outdated this guide is still one of the best available on these forums.

A few thoughts I have on AM:

- AM is not a carry hero. He is a ganker who MIGHT end up feeded and become a carry. The normal thing is: You are great between minutes 15 - 35. After that you have no chance against a real carry.

- AM is a counter pick. NEVER pick him first, NEVER pick him second. Pick him as hero number 4 (5 is carry) in your team and only if you enemy has at least two heroes you can counter.

- Many items you might want to buy can be bought in the secret shops and lane shops. Make use of this! With blink you should have no trouble to get where you want even in a tough lane.

- Survive! There is nothing worse than getting killed. Even if you can only watch and get exp because your ally in lane is dead or you are facing Lion/Drow (etc.) you must stay passive and may not die.

- Your first item always must help your survivability. Vanguard is pretty much always the best option since you can make good use of everything it provides. I don´t like HoD on AM since you can just take SS over stats and still buy Vanguard. Poor Man´s Shield is an interesting item if you are in really tough lane. I suggest you couple it with Strenth PTs and Bracer to get sufficient HP.

- Gank, gank, gank. This is your task.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users