Cthonic's Heroes of Fucking Newerth feedback.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cthonic

Cthonic

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Bnet Name:LURKMOAR
  • Bnet Realm:none

Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:26 AM

So, I've been playing HoN for the past three days, and I gotta say it's MUCH better than I expected.

The Pros :

* It's fun. Yes, it blatantly rips off DotA, the balance is absolutely laguable, but for some reason, it's fun.

* Graphics and engine.

* Team battles are an absolute marvel to watch. So many special effects and fireworks going on give team battles an epic effect even though it hampers playability.

* A couple of interesting remakes. Hon's Viper is actually kickass, and the twist on Leshrac's lightning spell (binding heroes to a single one in the AoE) gives the hero more depth.

The Cons :

* The game takes itself too seriously. All the hero models are SRS Business. No colorful and cute characters. All heroes kinda look the same. Evil / gothic /monstrous / angry creatures. Srs business, I tell you.

* Tries to be DotA and is not DotA. The gameplay improvements are NILL.

* New heroes display a profound lack of creativity and concept.

* The names. "The Dark Lady" .... fucking seriously ? Why dontcha cut the foreplay and name all your characters "Evil Spirit" or "Dark Thing" or "Tortured Creature" and save yourself the trouble of coming up with something original ? It's not like one could tell the cosmetic differences between characters because they all look the same, so they can have the same name as well.

#2 JoeSchmoe319

JoeSchmoe319

I bomb atomically

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • Bnet Name:Syntricate
  • Bnet Realm:Lordaeron

Posted 28 February 2010 - 01:26 PM

BEING A JOE SCHMOE, I FEEL COMPELLED TO GIVE MY OPINION ABOUT HON.

The Pros:

* The engine is... nice

* The Reconnect & stat tracking systems are useful

The Cons:

* Graphics are too flashy, it becomes a chore to tell what's going on in a teamfight
* Models. The WC3 models are easy to differentiate between, but for some reason the HoN models seem too closely related to distinguish between all of them
* Trees. Aside from balance and graphics (oh wait that's the entire game LOL), the trees are the largest nuisance in the game
* Terrible balance, though I'm sure that it will (somewhat) improve in the future

* Shop interface. Sure, it's new and will take some getting used to, but I will always be able to shop MUCH faster using the regular DotA system.

Tries to be DotA and is not DotA. The gameplay improvements are NILL.
That's because it TRIES to be DotA so people can easily switch from DotA to HoN while avoiding the legal quagmire that would ensue if Ice tried to directly copypaste everything.

#3 Cthonic

Cthonic

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Bnet Name:LURKMOAR

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE(JoeSchmoe319 @ Feb 28 2010, 04:26 PM) View Post

BEING A JOE SCHMOE, I FEEL COMPELLED TO GIVE MY OPINION ABOUT HON.

Win !

#4 Against the Ropes

Against the Ropes

Against stupidity the Gods themselves contend in vain?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3896 posts
  • Bnet Name:AdiNecrotongue/Demerzel-
  • Potential:C

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE(JoeSchmoe319 @ Mar 1 2010, 02:56 AM) View Post

BEING A JOE SCHMOE, I FEEL COMPELLED TO GIVE MY OPINION ABOUT HON.hile avoiding the legal quagmire that would ensue if Ice tried to directly copypaste everything.

haha I loled

---

I think the trees are too papery and the game sucks bawlz. Played it for 2 days and then deleted it.

#5 whifrA

whifrA

BLOMMOR SOM DU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3862 posts
  • Bnet Name:toffel

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:54 AM

I found this game very disgusting at first, but since a lot of my IRL friends played it I kept playing. This, was after quitting DotA for a whole year. I couldn't see difference in heroes, didn't understand items and abilities, couldn't see shit in battles. But after several hours of playing everything it made sense and it became quite enjoyable. Whether it's more enjoyable than DotA I can't say because I haven't played it for a really long time and do not have any plans on playing again since the only thing that keeps me playing is IRL friends, and I got none playing DotA.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users