Cthonic's Heroes of Fucking Newerth feedback.
Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:26 AM
The Pros :
* It's fun. Yes, it blatantly rips off DotA, the balance is absolutely laguable, but for some reason, it's fun.
* Graphics and engine.
* Team battles are an absolute marvel to watch. So many special effects and fireworks going on give team battles an epic effect even though it hampers playability.
* A couple of interesting remakes. Hon's Viper is actually kickass, and the twist on Leshrac's lightning spell (binding heroes to a single one in the AoE) gives the hero more depth.
The Cons :
* The game takes itself too seriously. All the hero models are SRS Business. No colorful and cute characters. All heroes kinda look the same. Evil / gothic /monstrous / angry creatures. Srs business, I tell you.
* Tries to be DotA and is not DotA. The gameplay improvements are NILL.
* New heroes display a profound lack of creativity and concept.
* The names. "The Dark Lady" .... fucking seriously ? Why dontcha cut the foreplay and name all your characters "Evil Spirit" or "Dark Thing" or "Tortured Creature" and save yourself the trouble of coming up with something original ? It's not like one could tell the cosmetic differences between characters because they all look the same, so they can have the same name as well.
Posted 28 February 2010 - 01:26 PM
* The engine is... nice
* The Reconnect & stat tracking systems are useful
* Graphics are too flashy, it becomes a chore to tell what's going on in a teamfight
* Models. The WC3 models are easy to differentiate between, but for some reason the HoN models seem too closely related to distinguish between all of them
* Trees. Aside from balance and graphics (oh wait that's the entire game LOL), the trees are the largest nuisance in the game* Terrible balance, though I'm sure that it will (somewhat) improve in the future
* Shop interface. Sure, it's new and will take some getting used to, but I will always be able to shop MUCH faster using the regular DotA system.
Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:00 PM
BEING A JOE SCHMOE, I FEEL COMPELLED TO GIVE MY OPINION ABOUT HON.
Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:01 PM
BEING A JOE SCHMOE, I FEEL COMPELLED TO GIVE MY OPINION ABOUT HON.hile avoiding the legal quagmire that would ensue if Ice tried to directly copypaste everything.
haha I loled
I think the trees are too papery and the game sucks bawlz. Played it for 2 days and then deleted it.
Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:54 AM
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users