GoDSh0t

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1069 posts
  • Bnet Name:GoDSh0t
  • Bnet Realm:Azeroth

Posted 11 May 2007 - 09:39 PM

Visual Novels. Do you play them? And if you have what have you played and what were your reactions to them?

Guess I'll start:

Ever17 - Good god. I cried manly tears during Tsugumi's path and shit bricks on Coco's path. Probably one of the only things to come out of Jappoland that ends happily.

Tsukihime - Akiha: Manly Tears, Ciel: Tears of joy, Kohaku: Not quite as happy as it seems, Hisui: ;_;, Arcueid: ;____;, Sacchin: WHURS MAH SATSUKI ROUTE.

Kana Imouto - God damn, just how many times am I going to cry to a visual novel. Oh Kana, I wish I had a little sister like you ;__;

Fate/Stay Night - Fate Route: Oh dear, now that I look upon my experiences I feel like a complete fag. I almost never cry to animu, but when it comes to Visual Novels I bawl like a fucking baby.

Bible Black - fappo

In terms of Visual Novels i'd really like to play, I'd say Higurashi No Naku Koro ni and Saya no Uta are pretty high up there, along with Kanon and AIR. I get so attached and engrossed when I get started on a Visual Novel. It sucks when it ends, especially when it's a depressing, sad ending. I remember playing Ever17 the first time and getting the Tsugumi bad end. The feeling of disappointment is still scarred in my mind.

#2 mikuru

mikuru

Stay frosty.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2072 posts
  • Bnet Name:Mikuru
  • Bnet Realm:none

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:13 AM

Guess lots of people choose the term Visual Novel over Eroge/H-games (Although, sure, some Visual Novels contain no H at all). Uh, and these are okay, I think, as long as we don't talk about THAT.

Speaking about Ever17... kenji, where's the game?

Kanon (well, with Haeleth's patch). The first one to actually change my minds about Eroge.

AIR (with Misuzu's Dream arc patch). 2nd from Key/Visual Art's

Planetarian. Well this is what they call "real" visual novel... and the ending was...

Tsukihime. Arc's, Ciel's, Akiha's both route has been completed. Currently stopped in Hisui's route because...
OH, AND NO STORY ARC FOR SACCHIN. damn.

Wind ~A breath of Heart~. Well, well well well well. I just really has no time to play recently, even though I really wanted to.

Fate/Stay Night. Well, I'm just about to play it ^^;

And some common english bishoujo games already out. Notable ones are Kana ~Imouto~, Crescendo (didn't play all routes though), Heart de Roommate, Yin-Yang X-change Alternative.

#3 moosesrus

moosesrus

真っ赤な誓い!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1273 posts
  • Interests:Dota<br />Anime <br />Manga
  • Bnet Name:mooses_r_us
  • Bnet Realm:Lordaeron

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:21 AM

Ever17 - Good god. I cried manly tears during Tsugumi's path and shit bricks on Coco's path. Probably one of the only things to come out of Jappoland that ends happily.

totally agree with this statement. the best novel game i ever played. should be an anime but might be too difficult to make.

Edited by moosesrus, 12 May 2007 - 12:21 AM.

#4 GoDSh0t

GoDSh0t

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1069 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE(moosesrus @ May 12 2007, 04:21 AM) View Post

totally agree with this statement. the best novel game i ever played. should be an anime but might be too difficult to make.

Yeah, if they ever made it into an anime it couldn't be one straight continuous timeline. It'd have to be done in arcs, maybe something like Higurashi.

I hope Mirrormoon doesn't take forever to translate the UBW route. I WANT MAH TOHSAKA ROUTE.

#5 kenji-kun

kenji-kun

おしりなのにパンチ!?

• Moderators
  • 2068 posts
  • Bnet Name: 

Posted 13 May 2007 - 02:10 AM

QUOTE(GoDSh0t @ May 12 2007, 02:05 AM) View Post

Yeah, if they ever made it into an anime it couldn't be one straight continuous timeline. It'd have to be done in arcs, maybe something like Higurashi.

I hope Mirrormoon doesn't take forever to translate the UBW route. I WANT MAH TOHSAKA ROUTE.

making a anime adaptation would be good but it wouldn't be as epic as it was in the game even if they did it in the Higurashi style

Ever17 . . . as you can see from my sig i really like this VN . . . . i cried and many bricks was shat in Coco's path . . . . if you can get your hands on this game i seriously recommend you to get it im almost 100% sure you wont regret it (if you play the whole thing through)

Tsukihime . . . .

IPB Image

^^ . . . . . T-T

Kana . . . . have to finish

Saya no Uta - got it . . . . looks epic but haven't played it yet

Higurashi - got it need to finish (too busy with Daybreak Kai)

Fate/stay night . . . . in the middle of the fate path . . . so much more epic than the anime counterpart its not even funny. TAIGAAAAAAA!!!!!

#6 Takeshi

Takeshi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Bnet Name:Kyuubified
  • Bnet Realm:Northrend

Posted 13 May 2007 - 01:14 PM

I've only read/played these:

Fate/Stay Night. Only Fate route at the moment since no VA's = One pwned Takeshi

Tsukihime. Akiha & Kohaku routes are great I think I haven't read anything that good in a long while.

and some eroges that are so much more focused on sex than they are on story
EDIT: Been trying to find Ever17 for awhile anyone know where I can order it?

Edited by Takeshi, 13 May 2007 - 01:16 PM.

#7 GoDSh0t

GoDSh0t

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1069 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 01:17 PM

Currently playing through Yume Miru Kusuri. Seems interesting, definately some interesting characters. Especially the 20 year old loli :|

#8 KanaTenshi

KanaTenshi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Interests:Matchmaker, matchmaker, match me with a loli.
  • Bnet Name:n/a

Posted 13 May 2007 - 01:26 PM

Nobody's played Tokimeki Memorial?
Dear gawd, what has the world come to.

Yes, i cried, in all of them, its dramatic.
and no, there are no spreading, fapping, bondage scenes you naughty people.

#9 kenji-kun

kenji-kun

おしりなのにパンチ!?

• Moderators
  • 2068 posts
  • Bnet Name: 

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:44 PM

i just finished planetarian and wow . . . . just wow . . . . if im not mistaken this is the only key game that had no h-scenes and the bgm . . . . made me cry just listening to it ;-;

. . . now to figure out what to play now . . . finish F/sn or play yumemiru kusuri . . . .

#10 mikuru

mikuru

Stay frosty.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2072 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 12:53 AM

Tokimemo? I played the 2nd series...well it was a pain searching for a Japanese PS game here (and internet connection wasn't as fast as now)

Well, most favorite is Yae Kaori's storyline >.<

@kenji : You LIKE the ending, right? PLANETARIAN, that is.
And CLANNAD is also a non-H game (fortunately) >.<

#11 GoDSh0t

GoDSh0t

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1069 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 10:09 AM

I must say, Tsugumi needed some H-scenes. If it was only Tsugumi H-scenes I'd be a happy man :3 Instead the closest I get to an H-scene are the system voices. Meh, at least I can pretend it's voice overs to an H-scene. ;__;

#12 kenji-kun

kenji-kun

おしりなのにパンチ!?

• Moderators
  • 2068 posts
  • Bnet Name: 

Posted 23 May 2007 - 12:43 PM

Yume Miru Kusuri . . . . for some reason this game made me lol . . . well i only finished a path Mizuki's one and it seems like her path is the most normal out of the 3 . . . . and your coworker who loves eroges and is gay . . . . i love that guy . . . way better than itsuki ^^ well to sum it up this game is a mind trip. and drunk Mizuki is win ^^

and one more thing . . . lol@america

@mikuru: i liked the ending but you kinda know its gonna happen . . . even tho u know it you cant help but to cry when it actually happens  (to the music ^^) oh yeah and i forgot about clannad

@GoDShOt: honestly that would spoil it if you know what i mean and seriously lower my ranking of this game . . . but . . . that would be nice still

#13 GoDSh0t

GoDSh0t

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1069 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 10:07 PM

Yume miru kusuri is a piece of artwork. Laughs all around. Also nice avatar, SAKUYA-SAN SAKUYA-SAN ROOM CREANING STOP.

#14 FutureInterest

FutureInterest

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Bnet Name:Eulas

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:11 AM

Where would you get ever-17 from?  Is it in english?

Thx

#15 mikuru

mikuru

Stay frosty.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2072 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE(GoDSh0t @ May 24 2007, 02:07 PM) View Post

Also nice avatar, SAKUYA-SAN SAKUYA-SAN ROOM CREANING STOP.

kenji killed me LOL.

Say, playing the trial of Summer Days was..well, satisfying smile.gif

#16 kenji-kun

kenji-kun

おしりなのにパンチ!?

• Moderators
  • 2068 posts
  • Bnet Name: 

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:38 PM

finished Yume Miru Kusuri . . . and wow just wow Mizuki's path kinda sucked after playing Nekoko's and Aeka's paths cried in both . . . . and i have found a new respect for this man . . .

IPB Image
^my new hero . . . other than Masa-san

now to finish F/sn

#17 GoDSh0t

GoDSh0t

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1069 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE(kenji-kun @ Jun 1 2007, 04:38 PM) View Post

finished Yume Miru Kusuri . . . and wow just wow Mizuki's path kinda sucked after playing Nekoko's and Aeka's paths cried in both . . . . and i have found a new respect for this man . . .

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/9782/1180589505832ko4.png
^my new hero . . . other than Masa-san

now to finish F/sn

Best character in Yume Mmiru Kusuri, period.

#18 mikuru

mikuru

Stay frosty.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2072 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 01:04 AM

Started playing Wind ~A Breath of Heart~. Expectedly, more understandable than the anime, and even has some nice emotional situation. A kind of Visual Novel where you couldn't just hate one of the characters smile.gif.

And, quite slow pace due to auto mode... I'd like to relax and enjoy this one.

#19 Takeshi

Takeshi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Bnet Name:Kyuubified
  • Bnet Realm:Northrend

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:54 AM

So now I've played through all of Ever17 and started playing Wind, Ever17 was EPIC, Tsugumi & Sora's paths made me cry MANLY TEARS. GO PLAY NOW! Gotta say I wished there was a path for You'haru'.

#20 GoDSh0t

GoDSh0t

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1069 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 07:16 PM

Translation progress:
UBW route completion: 60%-ish? (2380/3500kb)

Day # / % complete (total text size)

Day 03: 100% (250kb)
Day 04: 100% (220kb)
Day 05: 100% (300kb)
Day 06: 100% (230kb)
Day 07: 100% (190kb)
Day 08: 100% (140kb)
Day 09: 100% (180kb)
Day 10: 100% (140kb)
Day 11: 100% (220kb)
Day 12: 100% (190kb)
Day 13: 100% (320kb)