The return of events to North America!

• Please log in to reply
317 replies to this topic

Poll: Gettin' to know you

Which location would be your FIRST choice for an event site?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Which location would be your SECOND choice for an event site?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Could you BYOC?

Which timeframe would be best??

Which timeframe would also work?

Which would you rather have?

Are you ready?

Should we bring back the Fire & Ice name?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 taursen

taursen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Bnet Name:TaurSen
  • Bnet Realm:Azeroth

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:19 PM

somewhere close to VA would be good, cali would be way too far for most people, somewhere in new england would be great tongue.gif

#22 Korok

Korok

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Bnet Name:Korok

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:24 PM

mid-east coast area would be great

#23 d00bi0us

d00bi0us

Novice

• Forum Crew
  • 72 posts
  • Bnet Name:d00bi0us

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE(xpert_hunta @ Jun 23 2009, 11:45 PM) View Post

Seems like epic win, unless it fails.

JW, why isn't Atlanta an option? Seems like a more centralized place than Florida while still preferable to VA to everyone from the best state on earth.

lol reading comprehension

I do have some contacts in Atlanta, but since I am only planning an initial blast of 1-2 events, I don't think it would win in a poll.

#24 Roflemycopter

Roflemycopter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Bnet Name:Roflemycopter

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE(Korok @ Jun 23 2009, 11:24 PM) View Post

mid-east coast area would be great

ya VA/MD area would be great im so lookin forward to this!

#25 ChaosYoshi

ChaosYoshi

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Bnet Name:Yoshi
  • Bnet Realm:none

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:44 PM

Yeah I was the only one who got shunted, I'm sure it wasn't a deliberate thing, just some errors in processing or whatever as they claimed to have lost my whole team's information at some point.

#26 d00bi0us

d00bi0us

Novice

• Forum Crew
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE(Spit-wad @ Jun 23 2009, 11:36 PM) View Post

For the record, Matt, nobody will ever go to Netolic again, so find a different place on the East coast if that's what is decided upon (info starts at page 7, http://forums.dota-allstars.com/index.php?...708&st=120)

Exciting news... too bad all of the times except the first one are during school.

Love the idea of a pre-paid room per team.

Sorry to hear about that experience ;/ There are pros and cons to every venue and I'll keep that in mind.  There were other venues that I considered last time for VA-MD, but Netolic won the bid in the end.

#27 Spit-wad

Spit-wad

/ /( . Y . )\ \

• Forum Crew
  • 2722 posts
  • Interests:Drinkin' margaritas, bangin' seƱoritas.
  • Bnet Name:Spit-wad
  • Potential:G

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE(d00bi0us @ Jun 23 2009, 10:55 PM) View Post

Sorry to hear about that experience ;/ There are pros and cons to every venue and I'll keep that in mind.  There were other venues that I considered last time for VA-MD, but Netolic won the bid in the end.

Considering nobody got sick last year and most of the computers worked, it was a good place... a year ago.
Besides the getting sick deal, half the computers spiked like mad, and it's a huge pain to get sound + mics working there.

#28 xpert_hunta

xpert_hunta

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Bnet Name:xpert_hunta

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE(d00bi0us @ Jun 24 2009, 12:26 AM) View Post

I do have some contacts in Atlanta, but since I am only planning an initial blast of 1-2 events, I don't think it would win in a poll.

Just seems like you would get people nationwide more inclined to go there than Miami, Jacksonville, Orlando, and whatnot. I may be mistaken, not exactly a lan-planning vet here ><

#29 Jonny3tears

Jonny3tears

Enthusiast

• Forum Contributors
  • 364 posts
  • Bnet Name:Jonny3tears

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:19 PM

I like the St. Louie (closest to me)! Where ever you do this please give at least a 30 day warning. I have to request off a month off in advance.

#30 Spit-wad

Spit-wad

/ /( . Y . )\ \

• Forum Crew
  • 2722 posts
  • Interests:Drinkin' margaritas, bangin' seƱoritas.
  • Bnet Name:Spit-wad
  • Potential:G

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:30 PM

+1 on the at least 1 month advanced notice... that's been a huge problem in previous lans.

#31 coppershark

coppershark

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:Dota! =]<br />Martial Arts<br />Famous Quotes<br />Inspirational Music<br />Competitve Gaming<br />ELAN Games
  • Bnet Name:cS-

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE(d00bi0us @ Jun 23 2009, 11:26 PM) View Post

One in Toronto, one in the states, IMO.

#32 benyu

benyu

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Bnet Name:projectxz7
  • Bnet Realm:Lordaeron

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:47 PM

vancouver baby!  smile.gif

#33 seacrac

seacrac

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Interests:play dota, tut a ham
  • Bnet Name:seac

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:38 PM

I believe Matt had always been sincere, but I am not too sure about NA Dota scene.  Seem to be dying much?  I am not one to say though..

#34 d00bi0us

d00bi0us

Novice

• Forum Crew
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE(seacrac @ Jun 24 2009, 02:38 AM) View Post

I believe Matt had always been sincere, but I am not too sure about NA Dota scene.  Seem to be dying much?  I am not one to say though..

I'm willing to find out. I believe that well run events are the foundation of any community.  I'd also like to hear more about what keeps people AWAY from events.

#35 The_Tree_Eskimo

The_Tree_Eskimo

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Bnet Name:The_Tree_Eskimo

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE(ChaosYoshi @ Jun 24 2009, 12:44 AM) View Post

Yeah I was the only one who got shunted, I'm sure it wasn't a deliberate thing, just some errors in processing or whatever as they claimed to have lost my whole team's information at some point.

I never got my money from chicago either, but I think I said just send it to DJ and he can mail it to me (wasn't exactly sure I'd be getting it even if they did pay, lol)

Also I never got money from last year's netolic lan, the VA qualifiers for EMG's firenice tourny. My team placed 2nd to EG and won $750. We payed something absurd like $50 a person to enter the tourny and then never got any money back... Dota tournaments have lost alot of credibility in my book, but I love the game enough to go to a couple more, especially with Matt back managing things. Chicago went a lot smoother than most of the other lans I've been to.

#36 GranDGranT9

GranDGranT9

Wiggles

• Forum Contributors
  • 2404 posts
  • Bnet Name:SergiO_3

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:15 PM

Cool.

No love for Denver at all, only choice is Texas which no one voted for.

#37 atdi

atdi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1160 posts
  • Interests:Defense of the Ancients
  • Bnet Name:bnet?lolz

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:35 PM

fire and ice in chicago, before college semester starts. thats all there is

#38 de[m]0n[h]unter

de[m]0n[h]unter

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Bnet Name:EG.DemoN
  • Bnet Realm:Lordaeron

Posted 24 June 2009 - 01:08 AM

gogo make these events happen!!

Hopefully being in Florida, I've always wanted to go there!!

#39 TheMaelk

TheMaelk

Enthusiast

• Forum Contributors
  • 685 posts
  • Interests:DotA
  • Bnet Name:Maelk
  • Bnet Realm:Northrend

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:09 AM

If these are meant to be for rest of the world, I'm surprised to see close to no Eastcoast options.

Someone mentioned Atlanta, which would make it fairly easy for European teams fly in (direct flight) and isn't too far away either.

I, of course, voted for California and Florida as those are the places I'd prefer visiting if I were to go anyways tongue.gif

If meant to be an international event, you'd want to give as much time as humanly possible. August definitely won't cut it.

#40 Akiri-X

Akiri-X

B-A-N-A-N-A-S

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • Interests:Women<br />DotA<br />-Team v3<br />Wrestling<br />-Coaching<br />UFC<br />MMA<br />Computers<br />-Graphix<br />-Networking<br />-Programming<br />-Website/Forums
  • Bnet Name:Akiri

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:33 AM

QUOTE(suniezzz @ Jun 23 2009, 10:24 PM) View Post

Horray! FLORIDA YES

QUOTE(TheMaelk @ Jun 24 2009, 06:09 AM) View Post

If these are meant to be for rest of the world, I'm surprised to see close to no Eastcoast options.

Someone mentioned Atlanta, which would make it fairly easy for European teams fly in (direct flight) and isn't too far away either.

I, of course, voted for California and Florida as those are the places I'd prefer visiting if I were to go anyways tongue.gif

If meant to be an international event, you'd want to give as much time as humanly possible. August definitely won't cut it.

What they said.

People out west play DotA? LOL!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users