[CLOSED]Mortred Remake, version 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Poll: mortred remake (14 member(s) have cast votes)

poll

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 carloparis

carloparis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Bnet Name:feder
  • Bnet Realm:none

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:39 AM

My Phantom Assassin Remake

General reasoning
Why does the Phantom Assassin need a remake?
I believe that PA needs a remake in a sense that she has sub-par early game and sub-par late game compared to other carries. She has least survivability of all late game heroes. I believe that she needs a more unique skillset because right now three of her skills are "common".

What are the current strengths of the Phantom Assassin?
The current Phantom Assassin excels in chasing power, due to her Stifling Dagger and her Blink Strike. The Phantom Assassin has her Stifling Dagger (SPAM Dagger) to aid in laning and farming early game. Her DPS is second to none with Coup de Grace, provided that she "survived" early game.

What are the current weaknesses of the Phantom Assassin?
The current Phantom Assassin MAY be able to farm early game but "SURVIVAL" is really hard if not impossible. Most carry heroes are armed with an escape mechanisms or boasts LARGE amounts of suvivability, both of which PA lacks. Although Blink Strike may be considered an escape mechanism it is VERY situational. Also the reduced effetivity of "Butterfly" alongside "Blur" has a toll on mortred. Every other hero can take advantage of the MASSIVE evasion except for mortred. Heck, Butterfly would be a core item choice for mortred if there was no stack issues.

BLINK STRIKE Remake

OLD Blink Strike

Teleports to a unit and strikes it if it is a foe, dealing bonus damage. Casting range improves per level.
Costs 50 mana.

Level 1 - deals 30 extra damage.
Level 2 - deals 60 extra damage.
Level 3 - deals 90 extra damage.
Level 4 - deals 120 extra damage.

Cooldown: 30/20/10/5 seconds.
Cast Time: .33 seconds

Level 1: 50 mana, 30 sec cooldown.
Level 2: 50 mana, 20 sec cooldown.
Level 3: 50 mana, 10 sec cooldown.
Level 4: 50 mana, 5 sec cooldown.

Changed into

NEW Blink Strike

Teleports to a target location or enemy unit. Strikes an enemy with bonus damage when used on an enemy. Casting Range Improves per level.

Level 1 - Deals 30 bonus damage. 30 seconds cooldown.
Level 2 - Deals 60 bonus damage. 20 seconds cooldown.
Level 3 - Deals 90 bonus damage. 10 seconds cooldown.
Level 4 - Deals 120 bonus damage. 5 seconds cooldown.

Cooldown: 30/20/10/5 seconds.
Mana Cost: 50
Cast Time:.33 seconds

Frameworks:
- the skill will be coded to have dual purpose, similar to that of "Enchant" and "Spectral Dagger". If used on a unit, PA will cast Blink Strike. If used on the ground, PA will blink to the target area and play the Blink Animation. Both share the same cooldown and have a cast time of .33 seconds.
-this change will only affect MORTRED. this will NOT affect Rikmaru and Nessaj.

Importance of the remake:
-Gives PA a DEPENDABLE escape mechanism.

BLUR Remake

OLD Blur

Blur
The Phantom Assassin becomes hard to see by blurring her body. Some enemy attacks miss.

Level 1 - 7% dodge.
Level 2 - 14% dodge.
Level 3 - 21% dodge.
Level 4 - 28% dodge.

Passive

Changed into

NEW Blur

Blur(Activate)

The Phantom Assassin blurs her body, making her hard to see and hit. Grants Evasion upon cast. Gives 22% bonus evasion if you have butterfly.
Level 1 - Provides 10% evasion.
Level 2 - Provides 16% evasion.
Level 3 - Provides 22% evasion.
Level 4 - Provides 28% evasion.

ACTIVE!!!!
Cooldown(Activate): 0
Mana Cost: 0
Cast Time: 0

Frameworks:
-Has a Hotkey "R"
-When learned, PA gets a Blur (activate) skill. Once Activated, a trigger will check if she has butterfly. If, not she gets 10/16/22/28 evasion and transparency. If she does, She is Given 32/38/44/50 evasion and transparency. lasts until deactivated.
-after activation, the skill can be deactivated. once deactivated the previous evasion and transparency is removed and allows this skill to be reactivated.

Coup de Grace Remake

OLD Doup de Grace

Coup de grĂ¢ce
Mortred has refined her hero-killing skills to a high degree.

Level 1 - 15% chance to 2.0x critical.
Level 2 - 15% chance to 3.0x critical.
Level 3 - 15% chance to 4.0x critical.

Passive

Changed into

NEW Coup de Grace

The Phantom Assassin has refined her hero-killing potential to a higher degree.

Level 1 - Provides 40% chance to deal 1.5x damage.
Level 2 - Provides 30% chance to deal 2.25x damage.
Level 3 - Provides 20% chance to deal 3.75x damage.

PASSIVE

Scaling Notes:
-Old CdG had 115%>130%>145% DPS increase.
-New CdG has 120%>137.5%>155% DPS increase. Hence 5/7.5/10% bonus
-Naga and Nessaj Crits has 122.5% DPS increase (Illusions effectively increase DPS as well.

Importance of the remake:
-Allows BETTER scaling of Ulti. Early on a PREDICTABLE crit is more useful than a RARE crit.
-Allows more versatility with skill builds.

OVERALL IMPROVEMENTS.
-DEPENDABLE escape mechanism
-Blur stacks with butterfly.-Better Ulti Scaling
-Butterfly now stacks deterioratingly with Blur

I hope this improves Mortred's Gameplay and usability.

constructive criticisms are welcome, please allow me ot reply to your feedback before T-D

CHANGE LOG
-removed magic immunity from blur
-added Butterfly stacking effectt

-the first 4 posts may differ from the new suggestion

Edited by carloparis, 26 July 2008 - 05:58 PM.

#2 mm26

mm26

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • Bnet Name:mm26

Posted 19 July 2008 - 02:11 AM

What is the diffrence betwen new BS and old BS?
Blurr - does the evasion stacks with bfly? If not T-down for this skill - hardly any buff
CPdG ok but i still dont like the numbers.
Holding vote

#3 yankstar

yankstar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Bnet Name:yankstar

Posted 19 July 2008 - 06:29 AM

So you are suggesting that pa should get blink and blinkstrike in the same skill ?

#4 Torchic Maniac

Torchic Maniac

Forum Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5803 posts
  • Interests:Due to my large inactivity in IMs, please PM me before trying to IM me. I prefer if you use MSN Messenger in order to IM me. <br /><br /><br />What interests me:<br /><br />Pokemon<br />Digimon <br />Sailor Moon<br />Kirby<br />Billy Hatcher<br />Cute stuff
  • Bnet Name:bigbadpikachu
  • Bnet Realm:Azeroth
  • Potential:AR

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE(yankstar @ Jul 19 2008, 10:29 AM) View Post

So you are suggesting that pa should get blink and blinkstrike in the same skill ?

That's exactly what he is suggesting for Blink Strike, which is just too powerful.  
Well, since this is the PA, the suggestion isn't too bad, but not with the other suggestions.

For Blur, I don't really about this either way because the Blink Strike will be able to avoid nukes too.  
This seems to be a big hassle for nothing.  However, if the evasion stacks then this is good.  If not, then I don't care.  

The new ultimate is OK.  I don't care about it.  

Holding vote for now

Edit:

Null Vote

Edited by Torchic Maniac, 26 July 2008 - 06:05 PM.

#5 carloparis

carloparis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Bnet Name:feder

Posted 19 July 2008 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE(mm26 @ Jul 19 2008, 05:11 AM) View Post

What is the diffrence betwen new BS and old BS?
Blurr - does the evasion stacks with bfly? If not T-down for this skill - hardly any buff
CPdG ok but i still dont like the numbers.
Holding vote

the difference is that you will be able to cast blink (as in blink) as an alternative. this way mortred will no longer need to rely on creeps to escape.
i'm not sure if it will but maybe not (evasion stack)
well numbers can be changed/tweaked but the concept of more crits early game is there
thnx for feedback

QUOTE(yankstar @ Jul 19 2008, 09:29 AM) View Post

almost. the main differences are found in level 1,2,3. wheare BS' cooldown is ridiculuosly high. Qop/AM may learn just level 1/2 of this skilll and it will be ok. BUT this is PA, so it may be ok.

QUOTE(Torchic Maniac @ Jul 19 2008, 11:30 AM) View Post

That's exactly what he is suggesting for Blink Strike, which is just too powerful.  
Well, since this is the PA, the suggestion isn't too bad, but not with the other suggestions.

For Blur, I don't really about this either way because the Blink Strike will be able to avoid nukes too.  
This seems to be a big hassle for nothing.  However, if the evasion stacks then this is good.  If not, then I don't care.  

The new ultimate is OK.  I don't care about it.  

Holding vote for now

Well the big hassle could be avoided. All the player has to do is leave it on all the times.

to all:
I don't know if the evasion WILL stack, but i hope that it MIGHT stack. maybe this new activate system will give a chance for more experienced programmers to tweak the stacking.

#6 GreatOnee

GreatOnee

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Bnet Name:Great One
  • Bnet Realm:Northrend

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:16 AM

Only skill that I like, and care about is blur.I'd prefer it to be active buff.You activate it, and then get a buff that gives you evasion bonus that stacks with butterfly, then it lasts for a set amount of time, and disappears.Because currently if you activate it you can hold on to it as long as you'd like because you don't get any penalties.So maybe slower movement or something would be better then active-passive skill

#7 h0ok.ed

h0ok.ed

Left 4 Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • Bnet Name:h0ok.ed
  • Potential:CR

Posted 23 August 2008 - 06:48 AM

New 1337 pupstomper xD

50% evasion xD
Blink and Blinkstriek in 1 skill wtf

#8 SolarBoyK

SolarBoyK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Bnet Name:SolarBoyK

Posted 23 August 2008 - 07:16 AM

the blinkstike is just plain stupid.You are more of less adding magina/qop blink to pa.
nobody will use blinkstrike...EVER.just normal blink ahead of the enemy and get 2-3 hits instead of 1 hit with 120 extra damage.

#9 DonTomaso

DonTomaso

Smile!

• Forum Contributors
  • 3347 posts
  • Interests:Computers: Hardware, DotA, programming, movies, LAuNs.<br />Others: Golf, squash (the sport, not the fruit :p).
  • Bnet Name:LAuN-Don

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:14 AM

Coding comments about the new Blur:

Why make it active if it doesn't have any side effects at all? Better to make it passive as the current one.

It is easily codable to make Blur stackable with Butterfly (or Radiance for that matter). It is just to precalculate the stacked evasion chance (37/41/45/50% for level 1/2/3/4 Blur, or make it a flat 45% as this suggestion suggests), insert those numbers to a new Evasion ability and add it to the hero when it aquires Butterfly. No negative effects at all.

#10 ElementUser

ElementUser

Azeroth Approved Host

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1857 posts
  • Bnet Name:ArchMageX
  • Bnet Realm:Azeroth
  • Potential:GR

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:35 AM

Nerf Blink Strike's cooldown if you're planning on making it used like Blink then.

#11 Cigaro

Cigaro

Zorn Gottes

• Community Elder
  • 6316 posts
  • Interests:DotA
  • Bnet Name:Cigaro

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:11 AM

Thread starter: At this point, your suggestion has either received less than 60% positive votes or will not be able to reach that ratio at a total of 15 votes. Seeing as how this rating is a reflection of the community's opinion regarding the viability of your suggestion, I'm afraid this particular proposal isn't quite ready for DotA yet. If you belive this idea is worth a second chance, I advise you to rethink it as a whole. Reposting it without fundamental modifications would serve little if any purpose - it will just be as badly received by the community as this one has. Anyhow, good luck with your future suggestions!

Topic closed.

Reference links:
Remake Suggestions Forum Rules

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users