-3d

The Chosen Pessimist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1852 posts
  • Bnet Name:1)ruid
  • Bnet Realm:Northrend

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:56 PM

you'll notice that they suicide for towers/rax repeatedly, because at the end of the day that's how you win.

Just like any other pro team then?

FyC would've won if they'd focused buildings instead of chasing heroes around when they pushed.

QFT

#22 BatMan-

BatMan-

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Bnet Name:BatMan.
  • Bnet Realm:Azeroth

Posted 11 September 2009 - 12:05 PM

I really liked the play of panda this game

#23 jefflee77

jefflee77

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Bnet Name:Jashugan
  • Bnet Realm:Lordaeron

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:11 AM

Panda was good, but it was Morph who shone like he had the sun in his ass.

But still, sorry. I thought this replay was horrible and a waste of an hour of my life. I've seen -em pubs more exciting than this. Samurai's Clock failed so hard it wasn't even funny.

Speaking of which, I wonder how Clock became the new top pick. Just cus Ks had a CW THD lane? As far as I rem, that strat failed miserably.

Whatever, man. Despite Clock's newfound popularity, there hasn't been a single decent CW since Angel Lover. Not even ONE.

#24 TangerineNZ

TangerineNZ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Bnet Name:Tangerine

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:26 AM

Hey except for when EG.DeMoN played clockwork twice and beat Ks.int twice in the F4F semifinals. No hmmm couldn't have been that that put it in the spotlight(again). Also FoLoW plays a pretty sick clockwork. Hmmmm or maybe the 20 second a billion range hookshot that can work on allies now.

Edited by TangerineNZ, 12 September 2009 - 01:27 AM.

#25 Onin-

Onin-

Rawr.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5746 posts
  • Bnet Name:Onln
  • Bnet Realm:Northrend
  • Potential:R

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:57 AM

Clockwork is just an amazing initiator. Doesn't even need an aghanims, just throws pipe on his team then hooks into the other team, bounces them around with cogs while singling out a disabler who can now only use his skills on clock as the rest is out of range.

Heroes don't necessarily get popular just because one team shows their potential, otherwise Alchemist would be top pick too now thanks to TeG. They get popular when captains realise the power behind a hero. This can happen just as easily by him being featured in a lot of IH games.

#26 Spit-wad

Spit-wad

/ /( . Y . )\ \

• Forum Crew
  • 2722 posts
  • Interests:Drinkin' margaritas, bangin' seƱoritas.
  • Bnet Name:Spit-wad
  • Potential:G

Posted 12 September 2009 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE(Onin- @ Sep 12 2009, 03:57 AM) View Post

Heroes don't necessarily get popular just because one team shows their potential, otherwise Alchemist would be top pick too now thanks to TeG. They get popular when captains realise the power behind a hero. This can happen just as easily by him being featured in a lot of IH games.

Some do.

*cough*cm+mym*cough*

#27 TangerineNZ

TangerineNZ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Bnet Name:Tangerine

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:51 PM

Don't forget axe + mym.

#28 Goldbond-Powder

Goldbond-Powder

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Bnet Name:Goldbond-Powder
  • Bnet Realm:none

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:17 AM

Don't forget the many heros Chu[p] decided to make imba with his play =P

#29 Epsilon

Epsilon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Bnet Name:Starcraftalias

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:25 PM

Fun to see sniper, although he had a decidedly unspectacular showing.  

Love the bds and rax suicides.

This game is proof that manta needs a re-balance.  Ridiculous that every agi carry goes manta.

Also, wtf was with morph going Maelstrom after Manta, Eye, and Bfly?  Not that it changed the outcome, but wouldn't you rather have HoD or HoT?  You already have the highest dps in the game - either of the above gives you longevity and makes you virtually immune to creeps (gogo solo push).  Am I just not pro enough to see his genius?

#30 Spit-wad

Spit-wad

/ /( . Y . )\ \

• Forum Crew
  • 2722 posts
  • Interests:Drinkin' margaritas, bangin' seƱoritas.
  • Bnet Name:Spit-wad
  • Potential:G

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE(Epsilon @ Sep 13 2009, 09:25 PM) View Post

Fun to see sniper, although he had a decidedly unspectacular showing.  

Love the bds and rax suicides.

This game is proof that manta needs a re-balance.  Ridiculous that every agi carry goes manta.

Also, wtf was with morph going Maelstrom after Manta, Eye, and Bfly?  Not that it changed the outcome, but wouldn't you rather have HoD or HoT?  You already have the highest dps in the game - either of the above gives you longevity and makes you virtually immune to creeps (gogo solo push).  Am I just not pro enough to see his genius?

For shits and giggles.  It doesn't really matter on morph.

#31 Epsilon

Epsilon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE(Spit-wad @ Sep 13 2009, 08:28 PM) View Post

For shits and giggles.  It doesn't really matter on morph.

Well that took me by surprise; I expected something between "STFU noob" and "I agree".

Of course it matters!  Everything always matters!  smile.gif Especially when you're on the defensive, you have to make the most efficient choices possible (unless it was just a silly admission of defeat or attempt to maximize Adaptive Strike damage - in which case, go heart instead and channel base str into agi).

#32 jefflee77

jefflee77

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Bnet Name:Jashugan

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:54 AM

Seemed to me he was going Pusher strat. Personally, I would have done Mael too.

Morph's team didn't have problems surviving (in fact they were killing like nuts), they had problems pushing. The way he was using Replicate and Manta, I'm sure he was difficult enough to kill. Throw in Butterfly and a wave, I'd be pretty confident of my survivability if I were him.

So in this case I would have gone Mael for pushing, and upgrade with Eaglehorn for more agi if I get the money.

#33 Epsilon

Epsilon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE(jefflee77 @ Sep 14 2009, 10:54 AM) View Post

Seemed to me he was going Pusher strat. Personally, I would have done Mael too.

Morph's team didn't have problems surviving (in fact they were killing like nuts), they had problems pushing. The way he was using Replicate and Manta, I'm sure he was difficult enough to kill. Throw in Butterfly and a wave, I'd be pretty confident of my survivability if I were him.

So in this case I would have gone Mael for pushing, and upgrade with Eaglehorn for more agi if I get the money.

Hmmm, I disagree.  Their problem was that PS did a ton of damage (I love you, Slardar) and, even when PS lost a fight or decided to suicide, they had the money to buy back and keep the pressure on.

A morph with that many images and that much dps isn't going to get too much pushing power out of a maelstrom anyway, IMO.  Their only hope, as I see it from my armchair, was to kill the other team and counter push or BD (good luck, I know).  Heart helps you do that and gives you the ability to go directly to pushing (rather than go back to the fountain).

Another thought: there's no such thing as "survivable enough" unless it's detracting from your other stats.  With morph, going heart gives regen and you can channel your extra str into agi (plus when you channel your agi to str, you get a double whammy of extra regen).  Other than the evasion, I prefer heart over bfly on late-game morph for these reasons.  I was actually thinking he should have gone heart after buying the talisman.

Actually, in a bd war, heart's probably the best thing you can have as you can keep the other team completely on the defensive (bd, leave, heal, bd, etc...).

Eh, I could be wrong. smile.gif

#34 Cavere

Cavere

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Bnet Name:NotCheese

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:36 AM

In this case you aren't though.

#35 acritter

acritter

Feelin' blue

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1200 posts
  • Bnet Name:Acritter

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:27 PM

Hey, I'd like to report a typo. You appear to have put Sniper in the Sentinel picks.

#36 xielo

xielo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Bnet Name:mirror
  • Bnet Realm:none

Posted 25 September 2009 - 02:32 AM

actually that is zeus in disguise... biggrin.png

#37 MFLABIAS

MFLABIAS

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Bnet Name:MFGriMM./ffcem/FURIOUSSTYLES

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:32 AM

Sniper is much less do-able without CM around. I don't know what his other good lane partners are, but CM makes him playable from my experience.

edit: jj owning!

Edited by MFLABIAS, 25 September 2009 - 08:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users