• Please log in to reply
352 replies to this topic

#41 alien262

alien262

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:video games "dota" especially, guitar, music, sport like futsal, futbol or soccer, literature.
  • Bnet Name:alien262
  • Bnet Realm:Azeroth

Posted 27 February 2007 - 11:16 AM

think a s&y is better for his hp and speed atk

#42 nekdolan

nekdolan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1465 posts
  • Interests:DOTA!!!
  • Bnet Name:nekdolan
  • Bnet Realm:none
  • Potential:CR

Posted 11 April 2007 - 09:44 PM

And costs the same as heart. You can't compare s&y and mom sincre there's a little 2500 gold difference between them.

btw the guide has been updated with the one curently on HGC. Enjoy!

#43 animate

animate

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Bnet Name:aNiMaTeD_1
  • Bnet Realm:Lordaeron

Posted 11 April 2007 - 11:28 PM

S&Y on FV is retarded. Why do you even suggest a heart? Void is highly dependant on Chrono to grab that kill so because of that you'll be untouchable, and you're supposed to be able to properly disrupt a gank in the first place. 6 seconds of disable allows Void to take down at least 2 heroes which is more than sufficient for the rest of your team to wipe out the others. If you're so worried about life then get the AC since it improves EHP by alot and adds that extra boost to stunning and damage. Great item for team pushes as well. I'd take MKB, Buriza or AC over HoT anytime.

#44 nekdolan

nekdolan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1465 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 11:50 AM

Curias costs too much and voids weaknes was never the phisical damage from attacks. Heart beets curias when considering EHP and costs less. If you wan't to own alone than you get buriza. If you want to win with the help of your team than oyu get heart. In IH's normaly only the last option works. Chrono is a team based spell not a single void mass disable. Who can inflict more damage? One void, or four teammates? DPS is better left for carry & int heroes.

I have updated the guide acording to the last IH I played a few days ago.

#45 NXM.NunnoX

NXM.NunnoX

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1304 posts
  • Bnet Name:NXM.NunnoX
  • Bnet Realm:Northrend

Posted 17 April 2007 - 02:00 PM

I have always liked this guide since it was published. Yet i have a lot of problems with the Skill Build. As you noticed, Faceless has one of the worst early games so IMHO, you should give him as much survivability as you can. So get one level of time walk to escape certain death, then max both Back Track and Stats as soon as possible. Around mid and even LATE game you should consider maxing your other two spells when they become viable. Come on, think about it, Time Lock only does occur when you have some IAS. That IAS comes from MoM and Butterfly which is farmed LATE in the game. Using Time Walk offensively also starts when you have farmed MoM and Butterfly.

Also i do have a lot of trouble with the Wraith Bands, they suck. You need Bracers, horribly.

Because for a Void it is insanely hard to lasthit/not die/hold his lane. So you should go Neutral Creeping as soon as possible. IMHO, after two Bracers and the Mask of Death you should go neutral creep as much as possible. I feel you stress that too less.

#46 Noobme_73

Noobme_73

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Bnet Name:>_<
  • Bnet Realm:Azeroth

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:51 PM

Ahm.. what about assault cuirass? do we need to avoid it?
It gives high IAS.

Good guide^^

#47 Ausreir

Ausreir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Bnet Name:Yukirin

Posted 17 April 2007 - 10:50 PM

Short post:

Satanic could replace both Heart and Mask of Madness, no?

#48 nekdolan

nekdolan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1465 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:59 AM

@NXM.NunnoX are you suggesting one lvl stat instead of bash or skipping chrono on lvl 6 ? One lvl stat isn't effective at all!
Void doesn't need the hp as much as another hero. Killing him is difficult even in early game since he has a jail free card known as time-walk. The 18 IAS and damage on the other hand is badly needed early game. This is should be clear after playing with both versions (bracers/wraiths) more than 10 times.

@Noobme_73 Curias is not cost effective enugh, but feel free to get it in pubs

@Ausreir Satanic won't give any MS and IAS boost and gives less hp than heart...so no

#49 animate

animate

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:39 PM

nekdolan, I was only suggesting AC as an item for the IAS. Its useful on Faceless because you help your team alot with survivability and pushing. You claim that 4 team mates dish out more damage than a void. True, but have you factored in that your other 4 team mates might not be ranged? The situation might force you to use his ultimate even if you don't want to. Like I said, your 6 second disable is meant to cripple the opposing team before allowing the rest of your team to rush in for the kill. Void is meant to be a DPS hero since those 6 seconds are vital. In-house or not, I don't see why you're not utilising one of the most powerful disables in the game.

P.S, Heart doesn't increase EHP, it increases life.

#50 Night0

Night0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Bnet Name:Night0

Posted 23 April 2007 - 02:22 AM

nice guide, especially elaborations with chronosphere, Darkterror Faceless Void is my very best favorite hero, late game shows revenge, and revenge is a b----

Totally agree with skill builds and MoM as very CORE item, for cheap and very very useful.
Butterfly is obviously first high cost item, but I think u forgot to put the +30 damage when u mention the current update, (I know u knew it for sure). so all-in-all Butterfly adds +60 dmg, +60 IAS, more evasion and armor, I would say the increase both in dmg and attack speed are significant although it cost 6350 gold.

Heart is kind of arguable, I would say it depends on style of play.  But, I think BkB should be gotten after butterfly in most games because enemy WILL cast stun/sheep/nukes on u BEFORE u cast chrono or TW so that maybe even the more hp aren't enough.  Plus BkB is much cheaper, and is probably ALWAYS needed. (Imagine u chrono for 6 seconds of free hits, after that immediately MoM + BkB, enemy can't disable u... eh... although I need to confirm frenzy stacks with avatar first, I heard another guide talked about it, if it works, it can be ur second ult!!)  Another reason I don't like heart is the 11 hp/sec is completely useless on Void, Void can regain hp by creeping much faster with MoM, so all we are using the Heart is for its high hp boost with 5.5k.  BkB is much cheaper, though only adds some health and damage, but avatar synergy very well.  Heart might work, might not.  If u try to get BkB after Heart, then it might be too late or unrealistic sometimes.

S&Y is too expensive for ms boost, orb effect not useful for void as u said

I don't really understand how desolator works.  Many players love it.  But if I understand it correctly for its orb effect is merely -6 armor... then...eh... for 4.4k gold? and orb effect? 60 dmg aren't enough to justify anything, IMO Butterfly>>desolater although much more expensive, but void receive optimal benefits from it.

Plus if my interpretation of desolator's orb effect is correct, then what's a good use of desolator in any situation? I mean chain mail with 620 gold completely counters its effect? Also suppose u need 10 or 20 hits to kill the enemy, does that mean ur attack will be amply by 60 or 120 hp totally only? or does desolator takes off 6 armor each hit working like Ursa Warrior's Fury Swipe? (then it might worth a little)  Kind of off topic, but how would a range hero like sniper benefit much from desolator considers its puny damage boost, showing sniper as well? wouldn't Skadi be much better orb effect for the slow actually slows enemy significantly for team gank/nuke? or just pure damage Buriza, I am a fan of Buriza. (of course, Buriza also increase its worth as game progresses as well)

so my main items are usually Tread, MoM, Butterfly (can be a pain to farm), BkB, if game still goes on, then Crystalys>Buriza, if still goes on, then wth... BoT for BD, lol... (of course replace Tread with gem/ward/heart/anything w/e)

btw, when u say chrono stops the channeling, u meant the spell is gone right? so if my ally epicenter + blink into chrono, it is completely wasted... the epicenter won't work after the chrono is over, right?

Edited by Night0, 23 April 2007 - 02:34 AM.

#51 bgjermundnes

bgjermundnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Bnet Name:yarnagard

Posted 23 April 2007 - 04:59 AM

Your bulid is resonable, and made some valuable points regarding items and strategy. I love using this hero, but as others have outlined it would be nice to mention more effective ways of countering this hero. After all he is a hated hero to play agianst.

Personally i prefer to let void kill himself by his own greed. Lets say that you were in the position of having 2 mele allies and you were mele aswell, the two others where eighter ranged or casters. So you almost won early mid/game but because you couldnt make it to their well defended raxes void managed to reach lategame and become an anoying killingmachine with his allies. At this point void would be very self secure, and by all means. He can lock you fairly well with stun, and kill most heroes by the 4-5 secounds of chrono, so how to counter this fucker? It wont help to generate imba dps heroes, they would lack hp and be voids favorite pray. It wouldnt help to go for lifesteal eighter, you get stunned anyways. So since we are 3 mele heroes we all get one heart of tarasque (lets say we can afford it just for the example worth) and then all get 2-3 blademails. Then all 3 have 40/60 return, more hp than void and also raised EHP by adding armour. Perhaps i will make a guide on how to counter void, since his imbaness must be stopped, if I do i will definatly upload the replay on how such effective blademail counters are counstructed.

#52 Night0

Night0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Bnet Name:Night0

Posted 23 April 2007 - 01:49 PM

other than the normal ways to counter normal hero

The only hero that can match Void late game is probably Harbinger with his ult, instant death.  the match will decide on who has the element of surprise because Void can probably kill him in his ult too.

and the rest counters are probably disables, sheep stick...

#53 Synegh

Synegh

Music Discussion > Random Chat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3032 posts
  • Interests:Music.
  • Bnet Name:Synegh

Posted 23 April 2007 - 03:25 PM

It still has MoM and no bracers. Boooo.

#54 shinglai

shinglai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Bnet Name:shinglai

Posted 23 April 2007 - 05:54 PM

2 battlefuries = GG.. it helps a lot especially when you captured 2 or more heroes in your chrono it damages the nearby hero while hitting only one hero.. ^_-

#55 animate

animate

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:34 AM

The next person that suggests Battlefury on Faceless will be shot by me. What the hell are the chances of 2 enemy heroes even being close together? So what if the 70% splash ignores armour? You aren't dealing damage fast enough at all. Besides, whats the point of 12 hp regen and 200% mana? You can't even  spam any one of your skills fast enough for that. Faceless is built as a DPS hero, thats why he has passives like Timelock, period.

#56 bgjermundnes

bgjermundnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Bnet Name:yarnagard

Posted 24 April 2007 - 05:53 AM

QUOTE(shinglai @ Apr 23 2007, 08:54 PM) View Post

2 battlefuries = GG.. it helps a lot especially when you captured 2 or more heroes in your chrono it damages the nearby hero while hitting only one hero.. ^_-

Yea TOTALY OWNAGE im definatly gonna skip MoM, Butterfly and Heart so i can go imba with 2x battlefury. It stacks so good with bash and its unbelivable good chance that i will capture 2 heroes and kill them by splash dmng. Would probably own in a higher lvl game.

#57 Ruzzeh

Ruzzeh

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, age of conan, chicks.
  • Bnet Name:Muffin

Posted 24 April 2007 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE(Synegh)
It still has MoM and no bracers. Boooo.

Boo on MoM? Are you dumb?

Edited by Ruzzeh, 24 April 2007 - 07:09 AM.

#58 nekdolan

nekdolan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1465 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE(Ruzzeh @ Apr 24 2007, 06:03 PM) View Post

Boo on MoM? Are you dumb?

of course  tongue.gif Because of the 20% extra damage many people question the viability of this item for higher level games. As long as you don't forget about the extra damage and won't activate it at the wrong time it won't be a problem. The 17% lifesteal and the offensive power for 10 sec is pretty insane for the low price. Note that void needs the 15% MS as much as the 75% IAS !! Time-walk costs to much in mana to be effective or chase...

Normally in an IH game the enemy team will have atleast two sheepsticks to disable you, and maybe some blademails. The damage build can't go up against that, but the tanker build is perfect. A good void cannot be diabled before he lands chrono since he can hide, and place it from like 1000 range. lvl 3 chrono has a range of 600 and an AOE 400 so you can freeze the enemy before they can try anything. I'm not sure about the exact numbers, but I know that the only disable that has a longer range than chrono is global silence.

#59 shinglai

shinglai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Bnet Name:shinglai

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE(animate @ Apr 24 2007, 06:34 AM) View Post

The next person that suggests Battlefury on Faceless will be shot by me. What the hell are the chances of 2 enemy heroes even being close together? So what if the 70% splash ignores armour? You aren't dealing damage fast enough at all. Besides, whats the point of 12 hp regen and 200% mana? You can't even  spam any one of your skills fast enough for that. Faceless is built as a DPS hero, thats why he has passives like Timelock, period.

shot by you?.. b4 you could even hold your toy gun you're already half dead.. if you're not that damn stupid noob at chrono'ing you could even capture the whole enemy team in it.. and not dealing enough dmg? wtf? did you know that battlefury activates his bash with that "extra dmg" more often than you eating sh*t?. sori man but im whinning here based on my experience, ive done it so to speak.. i've tried capturing 3 heroes in my chrono at a time and just wacked a single hero and killed the other 2 nearby hero, which made a triple kill. though the dps is not rapid but the dmg you could get from it is purely insane, and that 6 secs of free whack is more than enough to get a kill..

#60 animate

animate

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 02:33 AM

First of all, what are the chances of 3 enemies bunching together happening? You must've been playing too many noob pub games. FYI, don't be an idiot. You say you're whining here based on experience (keyword whining), but please, given any situation when facing certain heroes like SK or Magna, any decent team will know how to bunch out unless they have proper disables against that enemy.  By the way, what are your chances of doing that sad excuse for a triple kill against STR heroes? Practically zero.

Timelock does not get transferred on to Cleave.  Battlefury activates Void's bash more often than me eating shit? Read the mechanics forums before making baseless statements. I had absolutely no idea stupid was such a fad.

Edited by animate, 25 April 2007 - 03:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users