- Welcome to the dota-allstars forums. This is a short guide to help maintain an organized and friendly forum. Please follow these rules as outlined below.
- General Posting
- Post in the forums that match your topic the closest.
- Use search as often as possible to find topics that already discuss your area of interest.
- Read all the stickies in the forum you are about to post into.
- If you have questions about a specific forum, send a PM to the moderator that is running it.
- Treat other forum members with respect
- Some forums have specific posting and voting rules, please read the all the stickies.
- Topics to avoid
- Do not make pointless posts. Responding with "Yea" or "lol" is considered spamming. See the forum specific rules for more information as to what constitutes spam. Trolling, flaming and spamming are not allowed.
- Do not post offensive text, images or videos. If you aren't sure if its offensive or not then do not post it. Keep in mind that there are many young members in this forum. Offensive content will be taken extremely seriously.
- Do not talk about 3rd party programs (besides banlist). These include, but are not limited to: maphacks, cd cracks, pirated software, etc.
- If you have a problem with a member, don't post in the forums about it. Instead, send a PM to a moderator directly. If you have a problem with a moderator, send a PM directly to an Administrator. Flaming in forums won't be allowed.
- Do not advertise any other products, games, maps or websites on this forum without direct permission from an administrator from this thread.
- All signatures should not exceed 500 pixels wide and 300 pixels tall. This includes both images and text.
- All these rules apply to both posts and content posted in signatures.
Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this forum. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this forum. The staff reserve the right to add/remove/edit any of the above rules at any time without warning. Check back often to ensure that you are up-to-date, since ignorance of the rules will not be accepted as a valid explanation for breaking them.
Our Commitment To Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
The Information We Collect:
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the DotA Allstars website. On some pages make requests, and register to receive materials. The types of personal information collected at these pages are:
The Way We Use Information:
We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
You can register with our website if you would like to participate in this community as well as receive updates on our new services. Information you submit on our website will not be used for this purpose unless you fill out the registration form.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and to share with advertisers. For example, we may tell an advertiser that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our website, or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out our registration form, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals.
Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our Commitment To Children's Privacy:
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
How You Can Access Or Correct Your Information
You can access all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain by accessing your user control panel. We use this procedure to better safeguard your information.
You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows error.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
How To Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, send us an email at Pendragon@dota-allstars.com.