New replays contest! Jungle Wars

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#1 ChildLikEmperor

ChildLikEmperor

I'm kind of a big deal

• Community Elder
  • 6334 posts
  • Interests:Chief of Clan PTC , Lordaeron - Australia based<br /><br />Currently living in Toronto, playing TDA's and enjoying life
  • Bnet Name:ChildLikEmperor
  • Bnet Realm:Lordaeron
  • Potential:Awesome

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:23 PM

The replays staff would like to present the latest contest:

Jungle Wars!

How skillful are you when it comes to jungling? This competition will put you to the test against all levels of play and your own times. The competition will be split into 3 main categories with seperate results for em and non-em modes.

The categories are:

1) Most gold farmed within 10 minutes (measured on current gold - starting gold - team bonuses + items value)

2) Highest level hero within 10 minutes (measured on experienced gained at the end of the time)

3) Fastest time to creep all sentinal and scourge basic neutral creep camps, not including ancients (measured off time achieved on last kill of the tenth camp)

Information on neutralling can be found in the Neutral Creep Guide by MrX (premium).

IPB Image

Tier 1 units are the easiest and represented by the WHITE dots.
Tier 2 units are mid level and represented by the BROWN dots.
Tier 3 units are the hardest non-ancient creeps and are represented by the BLUE dots.
Ancients are represented by the PINK dots.

Rules
  • You must not have any help from any other players to kill a creep spawn.
  • You may creep pull, creep stack or use other well known jungling tactics to help you providing other players do not aid you.
  • The game must start 5v5. We will be accepting replays that start 5v5 and have 1 opposition leaver/afk'er during the course of the 10 minutes. Any more leavers/afk'ers will not be accepted
  • The only allowable shared item is the chicken/crow
  • Your team may plant wards for you
  • Roshan is not to be killed in this contest and any entrant gaining experience/gold from his kill will be disqualified
  • The first two categories must not farm any experience/gold from scourge/sentinal creeps
  • Time starts from first neutral creep spawn (i.e. 2:30 in a regular ap game (6.52), 2:00 in most other modes)
  • Map used must be 6.51 or 6.52 (or latest if released and comparable)

Rules particular to category 3:
  • You must kill the tier 1-3 neutral creep spawns on both sides of the map (both scourge and sentinal sides of the river)
  • You may double spawn creeps or kill individual creep areas more than once but it still only counts as one creep camp killed. You just get the extra experience and gold from it
  • You may choose to farm a lane as well but remembering that doing this will lose you time for completing the task

Single player specific rules:
  • Game mode must be AP (non em) with 4 computers on your side to make the gold distribution correct.
  • Results will have be independent of the other 5v5 team game modes (same as em is independent of non em in the 5v5 games)
  • Gold may be added for purchase of a chicken (225 gold)
Rules are subject to change at staff discretion

Prizes:

Jungle contest winner user bars as designed by Yume

Posting format for entrants:

Category entered: highest gold/highest level/creep camp kills
Game mode played: ap/ar/rd/em/single player etc
Map version:6.51/6.52
Hero used:
Result: gold total/experience total/time taken

If you are entering more than one category with a single post than indicate that clearly. Dont forget to attach your replay or link to the replays centre/replay thread!

Good luck to all entrants!

Results:

Catergory 1 - Most gold farmed

1) Tazzer - 3407
1) grunthorz - 3399 gold
3) Lozarian - 3377 gold

-EM
1) infested - 4030 gold
2) Tazzer - 3934 gold
3)

Single Player
1) SuperAddE - 4349 gold
2) lamerano - 4071 gold
3) SuperAddE - 4008 gold

Catergory 2 - Most experience gained

1) grunthorz - 4587 exp
2) Lozarian - 4124 exp
3) Tazzer - 3887 exp

-EM
1) Funkwich - 5424 exp
2) Tazzer - 5215 exp
3)

Single Player
1) SuperAddE - 5565
2) lamerano - 5379
3) SuperAddE - 5330

Catergory 3 - Fastest creep camp kills

1) xanzzz - 6:15
2)
3)

-EM
1) infested - 4:03
2) kvlc - 5:32
3)

Single Player
1) Faradin - 2:42
2) elitesurfer - 3:25
3) Hydrae - 3:28

Edited by ChildLikEmperor, 27 May 2008 - 01:06 AM.

#2 infested

infested

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Bnet Name:infested_
  • Bnet Realm:Northrend

Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:23 AM

Category: highest gold
Game mode played: apem
Map version: 6.51
Hero used: Enchantress
Result: 3650+600(from items)=4250

Attached Files

Edited by infested, 17 April 2008 - 09:01 AM.

#3 -Milli-

-Milli-

Am I the hand or the smoke?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • Interests:hmmmm... ÐØ┼Å!!!
  • Bnet Name:Milli
  • Potential:AGR

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:35 AM

A problem I found: when the Sentinel/Scourge gets a Herokill the gold is split. Therefore the Jungler gets 20% of the heroes bounty (occured 5 times in the posted replay). There needs to be a fix (simply substract it from ending value). I think Roshan should be handled the same way (substract the 200 gold when he's pawned by the team [not the jungler]).

#4 kvlc

kvlc

In Ztusi Est

• Moderators
  • 8681 posts
  • Bnet Name:kvlc
  • Bnet Realm:Azeroth

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE(-Milli- @ Apr 10 2008, 12:35 PM) View Post

A problem I found: when the Sentinel/Scourge gets a Herokill the gold is split. Therefore the Jungler gets 20% of the heroes bounty (occured 5 times in the posted replay). There needs to be a fix (simply substract it from ending value). I think Roshan should be handled the same way (substract the 200 gold when he's pawned by the team [not the jungler]).

You're right.  This is a simple enough modification to make, but it seems we overlooked it in the planning stages.  I will take it into account when I'm reviewing the replays.

#5 Violent_Control

Violent_Control

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1451 posts
  • Bnet Name:GeneralCash

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:10 AM

what about midas? heroes like undying and lycan can get it real fast and prolly get 2 big creep transmutes before 10 min mark which is around 600 gold. that's a lot in non-em.

#6 kvlc

kvlc

In Ztusi Est

• Moderators
  • 8681 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE(Violent_Control @ Apr 10 2008, 01:10 PM) View Post

what about midas? heroes like undying and lycan can get it real fast and prolly get 2 big creep transmutes before 10 min mark which is around 600 gold. that's a lot in non-em.

Midas is a legitimate strategy.  You will need to assess whether you think it is worth it or not.

#7 Xenterex

Xenterex

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Bnet Name:Xenterex

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:33 AM

The first two categories must not farm any experience/gold from scourge/sentinal creeps

so how does exiting the jungle to gank effect the contest?

#8 ChildLikEmperor

ChildLikEmperor

I'm kind of a big deal

• Community Elder
  • 6334 posts
  • Interests:Chief of Clan PTC , Lordaeron - Australia based<br /><br />Currently living in Toronto, playing TDA's and enjoying life

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE(-Milli- @ Apr 11 2008, 02:35 AM) View Post

Any gold obtained in this manor will be deducted from the total. Roshan kills are banned as per the rules, although they would be unlikely at such a low level

QUOTE(Xenterex @ Apr 11 2008, 03:33 AM) View Post

so how does exiting the jungle to gank effect the contest?

For the first 2 categories ganking is prohibited as it leads to more gold/exp. For the third it is allowed as your racing against the clock. You may go back to base or get runes at any time providing it doesnt effect your experience/gold gained

#9 ChildLikEmperor

ChildLikEmperor

I'm kind of a big deal

• Community Elder
  • 6334 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:09 PM

Official results:

user: infested
category: highest gold (em)
gold: 3652 + 600 (items) - 222 (kills) = 4030

Edited by ChildLikEmperor, 10 April 2008 - 04:14 PM.

#10 fiddlers_ace

fiddlers_ace

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Bnet Name:i_dont_have_Bname

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE(ChildLikEmperor @ Apr 10 2008, 08:09 PM) View Post

Official results:

user: infested
category: highest gold (em)
gold: 3652 + 600 (items) - 222 (kills) = 4030

I watched the replay...

Actually he has no more than 2998 gold at precisely the 10:00 minute mark .

Unless you are talking about 10 minutes from 2:00 (when the neutral creeps spawn), which I don't think you are because you gave the standard 2:00 -ap time for a reason.
If it were simply 10:00 min from when neutrals spawn, the -rd would be allowed.

So actually ~3200 +600 in items by 10:00 (if 10 minutes into game not 10 min since neutral spawn).

Edited by fiddlers_ace, 10 April 2008 - 06:09 PM.

#11 kvlc

kvlc

In Ztusi Est

• Moderators
  • 8681 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:09 PM

It's 10 minutes from when the creeps spawn, not the 10 minute mark (since creeps spawn at different times in different modes).  So in the case of that replay I used 12:00 as the measurement.

Once again, the kills were calculated at 12:00.  The Sentinel made 1110 gold worth of kills, which was divided equally among the players.  So infected received 222 gold (1/5 of 1110) from kills.  That amount was subtracted from the total.

#12 Zakharov

Zakharov

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Bnet Name:Zakharov
  • Bnet Realm:none

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:10 PM

Make sure to subtract tower kill gold, too.

#13 mugen89

mugen89

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2025 posts
  • Bnet Name:mugen89
  • Potential:R

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:18 PM

If we got leaver in our team, does it still counted?

#14 ChildLikEmperor

ChildLikEmperor

I'm kind of a big deal

• Community Elder
  • 6334 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:49 PM

no it wont count because it throws income into chaos and is too difficult to work out

#15 mugen89

mugen89

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2025 posts
  • Bnet Name:mugen89
  • Potential:R

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE(ChildLikEmperor @ Apr 11 2008, 03:49 PM) View Post

no it wont count because it throws income into chaos and is too difficult to work out

That's the case for category 1. I don't think it will be any problem for category 2 and 3. Nvm that one, I forgot how the extra gold would be unfair to others.

Edited by mugen89, 11 April 2008 - 12:00 AM.

#16 Ironfisto

Ironfisto

afk ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1643 posts
  • Bnet Name:lronfisto

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:47 AM

When is the deadline?

Also I suggest some finetuning. Replays should not be made pubic, except for the results of that game. This is to protect the player's jungling strategy from being copied. A graph on his jungling progress would be excellent too, something like below.

*nvm. attachments acting up...

Edited by Ironfisto, 11 April 2008 - 06:10 AM.

#17 fiddlers_ace

fiddlers_ace

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Bnet Name:i_dont_have_Bname

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:46 AM

Category: highest xp
Game mode played: ap
Hero used: Axe
Result: Level 9 in 8:47 (after neutrals spawn, just count this as 10 minutes even though I didn't play for the full time sad.gif) 4589 XP points

Category: neutral camp clearing (10)
Game mode played: ap
Hero used: Axe
Result: 4:52 (4:52 after neutrals spawn; actually i cleared 12 camps in this time, but stacked creeps only count for 1; also calling creeps isn't neutral pulling to stack creeps so I assume it is allowed).

Pretend the chicken is bought by an ally by the way. I start off with < 600 gold after picking my hero in this case.

Attached Files

Edited by fiddlers_ace, 11 April 2008 - 09:55 AM.

#18 kvlc

kvlc

In Ztusi Est

• Moderators
  • 8681 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:01 AM

fiddlers_ace, that replay is not a 5v5 game, I'm disregarding it.  Read the rules carefully.

#19 ChildLikEmperor

ChildLikEmperor

I'm kind of a big deal

• Community Elder
  • 6334 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE(Ironfisto @ Apr 11 2008, 09:47 PM) View Post

When is the deadline?

Also I suggest some finetuning. Replays should not be made pubic, except for the results of that game. This is to protect the player's jungling strategy from being copied. A graph on his jungling progress would be excellent too, something like below.

*nvm. attachments acting up...

The deadline is determined by entries. The more we get the shorter the competition. It will run for several weeks at least though. And your missing the point to this competition, its to show off your jungling skills and prove that your method works best

#20 Nexorian

Nexorian

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Bnet Name:Nexorian

Posted 11 April 2008 - 11:52 PM

Is it really fair to make this 5v5? I'm sure many people here play pubs which would never even realise that their enemies are in the jungle, while others ward easy/pullable camps and gank every few seconds.

I'd gladly participate if that rule didn't exist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users