• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 ComeToMeCaroline

ComeToMeCaroline

Guess what...

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1701 posts
  • Interests:Who are those little girls in pain,<br />just trapped in the castle on the dark side of the moon.<br />Twelve of them shining bright in vain<br />like flowers that blossom only once in years<br /><br />They're dancing in the shadows like whispers of love,<br />just dreaming of a place where they're free as a dove<br />They've never been allowed to love in this cursed cage<br />It's only the fairytale they believe.<br /><br />They're dancing in the shadows like whispers of love,<br />just dreaming of a place where they're free as a dove<br />They've never been allowed to love in this cursed cage<br />It's only the fairytale they believe.
  • Bnet Name:Come2MeCaroline
  • Bnet Realm:Northrend

Posted 05 September 2007 - 06:09 AM

The best Keeper of the Light contest.

Wassaaaap!?

ChildLikEmperor gave me permission to run this unofficial contest about who plays the best Keeper of the Light. I've noticed that only a few people really like to play KOTL and even fewer are actually good with him. Some even say they are the best KOTL in the world.

Well this is your chance to prove it!

Read the rules below carefully before submitting your replay because there are a few very important things mentioned below. Also, if you aren't that great of a player, don't worry, there are smaller awards available for those less pro amoungst us!

Now get going!

Rules to enter the contest.

- Replays must be posted in a thread on this forum, and you will post a reply to this thread including a link to your replay! REPLAYS MAY NOT BE POSTED IN THIS THREAD!
- The submitter of the replay is the KOTL player in-game.
- The game is a full house (5v5). 4v4 may still be accepted but the preferred player count would be 10.
- Only ONE REPLAY per contestant, other replays you try to add will be ignored. This is a one-shot thing, so make sure you think before posting your replay.
- Make sure that your CS counter is running in-game so the Creep kill/Deny count can be seen.
- The contestants have to add a filled in version of the following “template”.
- The deadline is November 3rd. On this day I'll watch the last entries but any other posted afterwards will be ignored.

E-mail adress:
Forum name:
Bnet name:
Kill/Death ratio:
Game Length:
Why I like KOTL:

=Forum and Bnet name are necessary for me to know who you are in-game.
=Kill/Death ratio is just in case I forget to watch it before I end the replay.
=Game Length, so I know how much time I need to watch the replay.
=Why do you like KOTL? Some writing to keep you busy.

I will be watching all the replays myself, and I will also judge them. So this may take me some time. Please keep that in mind.

Again, create a thread in the replay forum and link it in a post in this thread, because this is an unofficial contest, so replays can not be posted in this thread!

Categories:

- Battle Keeper (Damage output, tanking ability, etc)
- Support Keeper (Supporting allies, support item build)
- Hybrid Keeper (f.e. start support build but end up Battle Keeper).

There will be a winner from each of these categories. Afterwards the best KOTL will be picked out of the three winners judging on:
- General playstyle.
- Creep Kills/(denies?)
- Contribution to the team’s victory.

Also,
there will be smaller awards for people who are not as pro as others.

Other Awards:

- Keeper with the most DPS. (Damage output).
- Keeper with the most kills.
- Most kickass kill award. (Coolest move, resulting in a kill for you).
- Fastest First Blood award.
- There's also a secret award that can be won, I'll reveal it when the contest is over.

Now, don't think that the nly prize you get is a good feeling for being recognised as the best KOTL. NO WAY! I'll do my best to make a userbar for every award available. For the sake of keeping them in secrecy, they will also be revealed when the contest is over.

C'mon KOTL players! Show your strength and prove your worthy of being the best Keeper of the Light player in the world!

Contestants:

SINdicate
halpmehzilaes
Akuryou
Pirates?
Rebz
dule_barca
Volcove (Replay not added because he didn't want it to be showcased).
Dota_God
DolphLungr3n
WTFBBQ
Uki91
KC-Stalker

ZHE RESULTS

Greatest KOTL
We'll the point was to find the Greatest Kotl so we'll start with that.

The winner was pretty obvioous since only one contestant played higher level games.
Better congratulate him on another victory.

Spoiler

BUT I feel like it is a bit unfair so I also declare Mr.unknown a kickass KOTL player. His game was lower level but i think he did an awesome job.

Spoiler

IPB Image

Killer Keeper
This is the award for the KOTL with the most kills.

And the award goes to *drumrollllll*... that guy who managed to score 19 kills with his Battle Keeper.

Spoiler

IPB Image

Cool Killer
The award for the player who killed someone in the most kickass way.

I think this guy knew he won the moment he sent in his submission. He is fighting a team battle and his team wins. The opponents' Magina (Antimage) blinks away in order to stay alive but he got Mana Leaked. The poor Antimage is stuck in between some trees and the KOTL slowly charges his Illuminate to down that last bit of the AM's HP.

Spoiler

IPB Image

Swift Slaughter
The award for owning the quickest, which means the fastest First Blood shed.

It was a pub -em game so I wasn't really surprised this guy won ^^
The Magnus he killed was a complete buffoon but it did get him an award!

Spoiler

IPB Image

Badass DPS
The award for having the biggest damage output.

What sick bastard would go naked Rapier on KOTL? Here he is!

Spoiler

IPB Image

Secret Award
Aha, the strange, secret award. Well every contest has its losers. But in my contest even the worst entry gets an award. Consider yourself an almost-winner  smile.gif

Spoiler

IPB Image

Please take these userbars and use them if you want to. All credit goes to Destiny for making them. But be prepared for Hell when I see these on someone who didnt enter the contest  ninja.gif
I would like to thank everyone who entered the contest and I hope you liked entering it.

I bid thee farewell. See you next time I come up with some way to keep you all busy.

Edited by ComeToMeCaroline, 03 November 2007 - 10:21 AM.

#2 MaJu

MaJu

Escalator + Slinky = Everlasting fun

• Forum Contributors
  • 1637 posts
  • Bnet Name:MaJu
  • Bnet Realm:Azeroth

Posted 05 September 2007 - 06:55 AM

while I enjoy the occasional contest, I am closing this until I can get the go ahead from my superior (ChildLikEmperor) about if this is allowed.

Shrimpus, always PM either a Mod or the FL before you post something like this.

Topic Closed (For now)

That was quick. See how good Mods work........... Yeah we'll go with that.

Topic Reopened.

Edited by Genosis, 05 September 2007 - 07:00 AM.

#3 Zealotti

Zealotti

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Bnet Name:Zealotti

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:53 AM

DAMNIT. just played a kotl game wich we won 4v5 (one dropped) because of my OWN kotl and push tactics.

didnt save replay >.< gotta hope I random/play rd with him...

#4 kvlc

kvlc

In Ztusi Est

• Moderators
  • 8681 posts
  • Bnet Name:kvlc

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:11 AM

any bets the secret category is getting a penta kill with illuminate?

#5 ComeToMeCaroline

ComeToMeCaroline

Guess what...

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1701 posts
  • Interests:Who are those little girls in pain,<br />just trapped in the castle on the dark side of the moon.<br />Twelve of them shining bright in vain<br />like flowers that blossom only once in years<br /><br />They're dancing in the shadows like whispers of love,<br />just dreaming of a place where they're free as a dove<br />They've never been allowed to love in this cursed cage<br />It's only the fairytale they believe.<br /><br />They're dancing in the shadows like whispers of love,<br />just dreaming of a place where they're free as a dove<br />They've never been allowed to love in this cursed cage<br />It's only the fairytale they believe.

Posted 05 September 2007 - 01:33 PM

That was quick. See how good Mods work........... Yeah we'll go with that
Topic Reopened.

Gee, and I thought you didn't like me ^^

QUOTE(kvlc @ Sep 5 2007, 08:11 PM) View Post

any bets the secret category is getting a penta kill with illuminate?

I'll give a cookie to anyone who can guess the secret award.

Edited by Shr!mpuS, 05 September 2007 - 01:39 PM.

#6 ChildLikEmperor

ChildLikEmperor

I'm kind of a big deal

• Community Elder
  • 6334 posts
  • Interests:Chief of Clan PTC , Lordaeron - Australia based<br /><br />Currently living in Toronto, playing TDA's and enjoying life
  • Bnet Name:ChildLikEmperor
  • Bnet Realm:Lordaeron
  • Potential:Awesome

Posted 05 September 2007 - 06:15 PM

People should post their replays in a normal thread and link them here. This allows players to critique each replay. This would run similar to a replays portfolio in that way. Please update accordingly Shr!mpuS. Sorry for the confusion in my PM. I may end up moving this to portfolios, im not sure

#7 Kleech

Kleech

Hero Guide Contest Judge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1975 posts
  • Interests:Your mom lawl!!!111!1
  • Bnet Name:Kleech
  • Potential:AG

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:25 PM

I think we just got best dps and fastest fb and best battle keeper ... Rebz posting the replay soon =D

#8 K2theS

K2theS

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1774 posts
  • Bnet Name:K2theS

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:31 PM

When is the deadline?

#9 ChildLikEmperor

ChildLikEmperor

I'm kind of a big deal

• Community Elder
  • 6334 posts
  • Interests:Chief of Clan PTC , Lordaeron - Australia based<br /><br />Currently living in Toronto, playing TDA's and enjoying life
  • Bnet Name:ChildLikEmperor
  • Potential:Awesome

Posted 06 September 2007 - 11:51 PM

Whenever Shr!mpuS decides. I will be monitoring this but its his competition, he can make and change the rules as required

#10 ComeToMeCaroline

ComeToMeCaroline

Guess what...

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1701 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:23 AM

QUOTE(K2theS @ Sep 7 2007, 03:31 AM) View Post

When is the deadline?

I don't expect massive entries, have just one so far. I'll see how people react to this and put a deadline on it later on.

#11 rebz

rebz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Bnet Name:rebz

Posted 07 September 2007 - 03:43 PM

my submission: http://forums.dota-allstars.com/index.php?showtopic=171074

Edited by rebz, 07 September 2007 - 03:43 PM.

#12 halpmehzilaes

halpmehzilaes

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Bnet Name:halpmehzilaes

Posted 08 September 2007 - 07:36 AM

http://forums.dota-allstars.com/index.php?showtopic=171209

E-mail address: mkenwort at the gmail dot com
Forum name: halpmehzilaes
Bnet name: specific_digit
Kill/Death ratio: 8/3
Game Length: 59 mins or so
Why I like KOTL:
I tend to prefer mages/support characters.  I remember one of my earliest dota games and getting abused by a really good kotl so after that I tended to play him a lot.  In RD I will generally pick him if I can since most teams in TDA like to stack carry heroes instead of picking to counter the enemy team.  I enjoy the timing aspect of illuminate to catch unsuspecting heroes at max range.  Mana leak is ridiculously imbalanced and its really fun to neuter enemy lategamer heroes that are mana reliant.  It's fun to micro the ignus fatuus guys in an opposite lane and just build up insane CS too!

#13 spielkind

spielkind

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Bnet Name:spielkind

Posted 09 September 2007 - 08:54 AM

my guaess at the secret award is a penta kill with the whisp : D

i will win it : )

#14 ComeToMeCaroline

ComeToMeCaroline

Guess what...

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1701 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 02:26 AM

Sorry for being a little late with things, I was away for the weekend.
Getting started on the newest submissions now.

Rebz, please add your replay in an attachment to your thread about the KOTL replay since the replay parcer has alot of buggy bug bugs. I cannot view your replay.

#15 Volcove

Volcove

Reality is for those who lack imagination.

• Forum Leaders
  • 5191 posts
  • Interests:Uh... stuff.
  • Bnet Name:Volcove
  • Potential:CGR

Posted 27 September 2007 - 06:28 PM

Is it too late to submit? If not, has the deadline passed?
Is there a game length minimum?

My guess for the secret award: Best Ignis Faatus micro?

Edited by Volcove, 27 September 2007 - 06:29 PM.

#16 Otter-

Otter-

6vlads1qop

• Community Elder
  • 5593 posts
  • Interests:Favorite heroes - Silencer, Slayer, Stone Giant, Bloodseeker, Butcher, Shadowfiend
  • Bnet Name:Akuryou

Posted 27 September 2007 - 07:33 PM

E-mail adress: rukoyua@gmail.com
Forum name: Akuryou
Bnet name: Akuryou
Kill/Death ratio: 7-1
Game Length: 63 minutes
Why I like KOTL: Because he looks like a badass mofo with a BKB
My submission: Naked Rapier, what's up?

Edited by Akuryou, 27 September 2007 - 07:34 PM.

#17 Pirates?

Pirates?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Bnet Name:iLiKEtOtOuChyoU
  • Bnet Realm:Kalimdor

Posted 28 September 2007 - 12:53 AM

http://forums.dota-allstars.com/index.php?showtopic=175503

Forum name: Pirates?

Bnet name: iliketotouchyou

Kill/Death ratio: 10:1

Game Length: 47 mins approx

Why I like KOTL: mana leak

#18 ComeToMeCaroline

ComeToMeCaroline

Guess what...

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1701 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE(Volcove @ Sep 28 2007, 04:28 AM) View Post

Is it too late to submit? If not, has the deadline passed?
Is there a game length minimum?

My guess for the secret award: Best Ignis Faatus micro?

Well, if I count in the new entries I have about 4 contestants atm. Thinking now of mùaking the deadling somewhere around november. Please, add a replay of yours smile.gif

And the secret award is way cooler than best Ignis F. micro. You may even win it without realising it.

#19 ike_ike

ike_ike

Do a panda roll~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1249 posts
  • Bnet Name:ike_ike
  • Potential:C

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE(Shr!mpuS @ Sep 28 2007, 12:39 PM) View Post

Well, if I count in the new entries I have about 4 contestants atm. Thinking now of mùaking the deadling somewhere around november. Please, add a replay of yours smile.gif

And the secret award is way cooler than best Ignis F. micro. You may even win it without realising it.

At this rate, the contest will be up and running in July, 2009.

I'm guessing that the award is either most chicken kills, fastest suicide or most tangoes.

Am I right? laugh.gif

Edited by ike_ike, 28 September 2007 - 11:29 PM.

#20 Fantoma

Fantoma

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Interests:GIRLS !
  • Bnet Name:Fant0maS

Posted 29 September 2007 - 12:04 AM

lol nah......they will post:) i`m going to make some publicity ..because i have some good players with KOLT:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users