ChildLikEmperor gave me permission to run this unofficial contest about who plays the best Keeper of the Light. I've noticed that only a few people really like to play KOTL and even fewer are actually good with him. Some even say they are the best KOTL in the world.
Read the rules below carefully before submitting your replay because there are a few very important things mentioned below. Also, if you aren't that great of a player, don't worry, there are smaller awards available for those less pro amoungst us!
Now get going!
- Replays must be posted in a thread on this forum, and you will post a reply to this thread including a link to your replay! REPLAYS MAY NOT BE POSTED IN THIS THREAD!
- The submitter of the replay is the KOTL player in-game.
- The game is a full house (5v5). 4v4 may still be accepted but the preferred player count would be 10.
- Only ONE REPLAY per contestant, other replays you try to add will be ignored. This is a one-shot thing, so make sure you think before posting your replay.
- Make sure that your CS counter is running in-game so the Creep kill/Deny count can be seen.
- The contestants have to add a filled in version of the following “template”.
- The deadline is November 3rd. On this day I'll watch the last entries but any other posted afterwards will be ignored.
Why I like KOTL:
=Forum and Bnet name are necessary for me to know who you are in-game.
=Kill/Death ratio is just in case I forget to watch it before I end the replay.
=Game Length, so I know how much time I need to watch the replay.
=Why do you like KOTL? Some writing to keep you busy.
I will be watching all the replays myself, and I will also judge them. So this may take me some time. Please keep that in mind.
Again, create a thread in the replay forum and link it in a post in this thread, because this is an unofficial contest, so replays can not be posted in this thread!
- Battle Keeper (Damage output, tanking ability, etc)
- Support Keeper (Supporting allies, support item build)
- Hybrid Keeper (f.e. start support build but end up Battle Keeper).
There will be a winner from each of these categories. Afterwards the best KOTL will be picked out of the three winners judging on:
- General playstyle.
- Creep Kills/(denies?)
- Contribution to the team’s victory.
there will be smaller awards for people who are not as pro as others.
- Keeper with the most DPS. (Damage output).
- Keeper with the most kills.
- Most kickass kill award. (Coolest move, resulting in a kill for you).
- Fastest First Blood award.
- There's also a secret award that can be won, I'll reveal it when the contest is over.
Now, don't think that the nly prize you get is a good feeling for being recognised as the best KOTL. NO WAY! I'll do my best to make a userbar for every award available. For the sake of keeping them in secrecy, they will also be revealed when the contest is over.
Volcove (Replay not added because he didn't want it to be showcased).
We'll the point was to find the Greatest Kotl so we'll start with that.
The winner was pretty obvioous since only one contestant played higher level games.
Better congratulate him on another victory.
BUT I feel like it is a bit unfair so I also declare Mr.unknown a kickass KOTL player. His game was lower level but i think he did an awesome job.
This is the award for the KOTL with the most kills.
And the award goes to *drumrollllll*... that guy who managed to score 19 kills with his Battle Keeper.
The award for the player who killed someone in the most kickass way.
I think this guy knew he won the moment he sent in his submission. He is fighting a team battle and his team wins. The opponents' Magina (Antimage) blinks away in order to stay alive but he got Mana Leaked. The poor Antimage is stuck in between some trees and the KOTL slowly charges his Illuminate to down that last bit of the AM's HP.
The award for owning the quickest, which means the fastest First Blood shed.
It was a pub -em game so I wasn't really surprised this guy won ^^
The Magnus he killed was a complete buffoon but it did get him an award!
The award for having the biggest damage output.
What sick bastard would go naked Rapier on KOTL? Here he is!
Aha, the strange, secret award. Well every contest has its losers. But in my contest even the worst entry gets an award. Consider yourself an almost-winner
Please take these userbars and use them if you want to. All credit goes to Destiny for making them. But be prepared for Hell when I see these on someone who didnt enter the contest
I would like to thank everyone who entered the contest and I hope you liked entering it.
I bid thee farewell. See you next time I come up with some way to keep you all busy.
Edited by ComeToMeCaroline, 03 November 2007 - 10:21 AM.