The Walkmen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Poll: the walkmen

Bows + Arrows or You & Me

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 RedSoxFaithful

RedSoxFaithful

prepare to be told, "that shit's gay, dude"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3534 posts
  • Bnet Name:RedSoxFaithful
  • Bnet Realm:Lordaeron

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:10 PM

So, the Walkmen are releasing a new album in September, and they've sort of been around for a while now.  I remember when Bows + Arrows came out and everyone was calling them the next big band, but that was sort of a while ago now!  They've been around for what seems like forever, and they've become one of my favorite bands the last few years.

Anyway, MY POINT: I think I might be in the minority here, but I felt that You & Me was their best album to date, and a little better than Bows + Arrows.  I wanted to gauge that quick.  Both albums obviously had ridiculously awesome standout tracks ("The Rat", "In the New Year", "Donde Esta La Playa"), but I felt that You & Me was more consistently good, whereas Bows + Arrows was hit or miss to some extent.

What do you guys think?

OH.  I should also add: I have the opportunity to go see these guys (and Grizzly Bear, but I'd be going for this) in NYC in August.  what to do what to do

#2 spedmunki

spedmunki

Now with special dipping sauce!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2815 posts
  • Bnet Name:spedmunki
  • Bnet Realm:Azeroth

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:20 PM

Was expecting more photos of portable cassette players

#3 m1LkmaN

m1LkmaN

~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2605 posts
  • Bnet Name:BV-m1LkmaN
  • Bnet Realm:Lordaeron

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:22 PM

I like them but never really got into them properly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users