maishoku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Bnet Name:shokenjin
  • Bnet Realm:Azeroth

Posted 22 June 2006 - 01:48 PM

First Arc

Bleach is an anime about an orange haired fiery boy who has the ability to see ghosts. Due to the tragic death of his mother to a hollow the boy, Ichigo, has been seeing ghosts on the norm in every corner of the city from school to home and in his own room. One day a girl steps through his window into his room in a garb known as a death god's outfit of a low ranking soldier and he can see her. She shouldn't be seen by anyone because she is in her soul form which makes regular humans without a spirtual awareness unable to see her. The whole story kicks into a shift as Ichigo is thrown into a crossfire of heightning his spirtual powers which enable him to turn into a substitute death god since he borrowed half(all of) female death god's power, Rukia, and with her wounded she slips into a faux(gigai)(fake) human body to recuperate.

2nd Arc (Soul Society)
Rukia's taken back to the place she came from, Soul Society, to be executed for giving a share of her powers to a mere human. Ichigo is quite pissed with that idea but he was already half dead because Rukia's brother Byakuya just completely owned him in 2 shots. One of those shots shattered Ichigo's source of spirit power so he had to transform into a death god own his own means which won't be spoiled. Venturing into Soul Society with some friends (im not telling you who they are but its easy to figure out if you watch the episodes or read the manga) he has a mission to save Rukia, or was it because someone decided to kill Rukia?

3rd Arc (Back Home) - Manga Confliction
The 3rd arc is the currenct arc of the story, coming back home from soul society is where the anime and the manga split. The manga has the correct path but the anime decided to build more character into the individual friends of Ichigo. The current arc in the anime is about a new type of enemies known as the Bounto or just soul sucking vampires because these beings lived for far too long to be an average human and to sustain life they just suck souls from dead people. However, recently they revolted against their code of sucking dead people's soul and begin sucking souls out of live humans and that doesn't appease to Soul Society and the current heroes that just returned from it.

The manga's trend continues where the Soul Society arc left off only in all explosions, literally. Returning home for a day and boom, attacked by a rogue captain of a squad's creation monsters.

I suck at writing summaries.

#2 FFAeon

FFAeon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Bnet Name:FFAeon

Posted 23 June 2006 - 04:09 AM

I really wished they would've just taken a break in order for the plot to progress in the manga to have enough material for another season.  The current bounto arc is horribly slow-paced and just not that interesting compared to the Shinigami arc.  The only thing I'm looking forward to in this arc is Ichigo fighting the Bounto leader after he probably does some training or something, or them explaining Ichigo's transformations.

Too bad the fighting and dialogues aren't faster paced...there's such a lack of decent action animes out there...

#3 mrhersheys

mrhersheys

It's the return of Toga Bear!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1556 posts
  • Bnet Name:telos
  • Bnet Realm:none

Posted 23 June 2006 - 05:18 AM

You could rip off the summaries from Bleachportal or Wikipedia. =P

Actually I'm impressed with the filler arc writers. At least the fillers have some semblance of a storyline. Much better compared to say, Naruto fillers. =/

I'm looking forward to watching Ichinose getting his butt kicked.

#4 Allure-

Allure-

シャナ ;_;

• Forum Leaders
  • 3785 posts
  • Bnet Name:Allure-
  • Bnet Realm:Lordaeron

Posted 23 June 2006 - 05:59 AM

At least bleach fillers are "complete". Naruto's are just 1-5 episodes and then start on a new filler with 1-5 episodes again.

Bleach takes its time to build up the story and then finish it properly.

#5 maishoku

maishoku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 06:58 AM

the bleach fillers are quite entertaining, adds more character development with the officers from soul society and stuff gone wrong oh no.

#6 FFAeon

FFAeon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 07:13 AM

Well, I guess these aren't technically fillers considering if you haven't read the manga, you wouldn't even be able to tell, and they are building up material that is related.  

IMO though, they should pack two episodes worth of stuff into each week to keep things fast paced =P.  I wonder if they'll pull a Naruto by dramatically increasing quality in certain episodes and then leveling off.

#7 maishoku

maishoku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 07:20 AM

i dont think its really slow paced i mean its different compared to something trashy like dbz. 10 mins of talk. 20 mins of fight, oh no im losing, to be continued with some super special comeback. and then rinse and repeat

kinda like pokemon's 10 min story, 10 mins conflict (usually with teamrocket), 10 min of story until they get to a gym.

bleach's story pace is not that slow, i mean if there was too much action going on then the story would not exist and revolve around constant fighting from 1 episode to the next.

#8 Chama-Tan

Chama-Tan

Guitar-wielding Slut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3094 posts
  • Bnet Name:n/a
  • Potential:C

Posted 24 June 2006 - 04:01 PM

Your interpretation of a DBZ episode is a bit different to how I interpret it. I always thought it was 23 min preparing for super attack, 7 min doing the attack/counter-attack, and that's repeated for at least 10 episodes, hence the joke,

"Q: How many DBZ characters does it take to fix a light-bulb?
A: Any one of them will do, but it'll take 15 episodes"

Anyway, even though I haven't seen the filler episodes of Bleach yet, the way that it's made out to be makes it an interesting diversion to what's happening in the manga right now (hope there's more Chizuru/Orihime-> Tatsuki hitting Chizuru shenanigans in those fillers happy.gif).

#9 tokmoh

tokmoh

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:DotA, F1, cars, ectectect
  • Bnet Name:tokmoh

Posted 25 June 2006 - 09:28 PM

Hehe, tama_chan's joke is nice.

Although the filler's not as great as the manga storyline, I still find it enjoyable, save for the fact Rukia n Renji came to the real world. That kinda spoiled the excitement when they return according to the manga.

#10 Doragon

Doragon

Sovereign

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Interests:To be continued...
  • Bnet Name:Winddragoon

Posted 26 June 2006 - 05:24 AM

It's decent. Now the moment the manga has enough for the anime to continue, Ichigo will be able to use his Bankai. Then after that, he'll get some drug to control his hollow power. He'll instagib all the Bountos and Ichinose (the shinigami), then we'll be on to Aizen.

And Aizen will poke his finger straight into Ichigo's chest and anime = over.

#11 mrhersheys

mrhersheys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1556 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 05:28 AM

Kariya is too imba nerf him plox! >_>

#12 Nova

Nova

*Gives Blaow Boots of Speed*

• Forum Contributors
  • 5980 posts
  • Bnet Name:Lumin
  • Potential:C

Posted 26 June 2006 - 05:32 AM

I dunno I used to grab bleach every week it came out, now I dont even care and I havent see it in a good while

#13 onizukaeikichi

onizukaeikichi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • Bnet Name:onizukaeikichi

Posted 26 June 2006 - 05:40 AM

naruto fillers are one of the worst, i watched a bit and now i dont even bother to look at it, at times i will see if they have continued with the manga's storyline. Anyway my fav bleach character is Kenpachi and i like it when they are about to release their bankai and their reiatsu exploding through the area

#14 tokmoh

tokmoh

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:DotA, F1, cars, ectectect
  • Bnet Name:tokmoh

Posted 29 June 2006 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE(mrhersheys @ Jun 26 2006, 09:28 PM) View Post

Kariya is too imba nerf him plox! >_>

OK!! Finger of death damage reduced from 900 to 100, so Ichigo feels nothing when touched by "the finger", lol.

Seriously, his skill is very gay. Freezing anything that he touches? Even Aizen will get pwned by this tactic......

#15 Eddain

Eddain

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  • Bnet Name:Eddain

Posted 29 June 2006 - 02:53 AM

Does anyone hate that Orihime girl, the one with the 5 pixies?  I for one can't stand her.  She reminds me of Sakura from Naruto, always with the bitching and helplessness and the crying.  Plus, her powers are pretty pathetic (she gets a killer pixie, but his strength is based on her willingness to kill, BUT SHE HAS NO WILLINGNESS TO KILL!?!?!).

And I hate Kon.  He's just there to annoy you.

But I agree, Bleach fillers > Naruto fillers.  Naruto fillers are just trash.

#16 FFAeon

FFAeon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 03:27 AM

QUOTE(tokmoh @ Jun 29 2006, 02:42 AM) View Post

OK!! Finger of death damage reduced from 900 to 100, so Ichigo feels nothing when touched by "the finger", lol.

Seriously, his skill is very gay. Freezing anything that he touches? Even Aizen will get pwned by this tactic......

I'm sure there's more to him than that; he just uses that ability on the weaklings who can't counter it =P.

QUOTE(Eddain @ Jun 29 2006, 03:53 AM) View Post

Does anyone hate that Orihime girl, the one with the 5 pixies?  I for one can't stand her.  She reminds me of Sakura from Naruto, always with the bitching and helplessness and the crying.  Plus, her powers are pretty pathetic (she gets a killer pixie, but his strength is based on her willingness to kill, BUT SHE HAS NO WILLINGNESS TO KILL!?!?!).

I like that one pixie guy though; the one that always hits her and says she's useless.

#17 Hypernova

Hypernova

Shit happens...a lot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • Bnet Name:Hypernova

Posted 29 June 2006 - 05:04 AM

QUOTE(FFAeon @ Jun 29 2006, 11:27 PM) View Post

I like that one pixie guy though; the one that always hits her and says she's useless.

Because honesty is a virtue that should be encouraged.

#18 Allure-

Allure-

シャナ ;_;

• Forum Leaders
  • 3785 posts
  • Bnet Name:Allure-

Posted 29 June 2006 - 05:54 AM

I think his name is Tsubasa or something like that.

#19 FFAeon

FFAeon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 06:07 AM

According to ANN, looks like it's Tsubaki, and the voice actor is the same as Tousen.  Seems like they have quite a bit of people who play multiple characters which I guess isn't surprising since there are so many.

Looks like there's actually 6 pixies, too.  I don't remember myself.

#20 mrhersheys

mrhersheys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1556 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE(Eddain @ Jun 29 2006, 06:53 PM) View Post

She has kickass abilities in the manga though. Like a souped-up version of time lapse or something.

The voice actor for Ishida is the same one for Sasuke. I find that quite funny for some reason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users