Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Bnet Name:debatable
  • Bnet Realm:Azeroth

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:21 AM

Yo,

I'm currently using the mx518 and I've always been a fan of the logitech series.  However, my mx518 is nearing its end so I'm torn on what to buy next.  I was thinking the g5 since it has a similar model to the mx518 but I was also considering going laser with the g9.  What do you think? What mouse do you use?

#2 Lytesson

Lytesson

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Bnet Name:Lytesson

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:25 AM

Take a look here: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/ca...t=0&Recs=10

If you are only playing dota, you really don't need the G9, though it is a badass mouse. The G5 is nice imo.

Edited by Lytesson, 28 May 2009 - 11:25 AM.

#3 knowitall

knowitall

let her see that fancy footwork

• Moderators
  • 2323 posts
  • Bnet Name:anticlimatic

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:27 AM

The Steelseries Ikari is very nice, but there are a lot of great mice out right now. Try to find something with buttons on the side if you like using items from there.

#4 Kuyakayang

Kuyakayang

i dont like my custom title

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1217 posts
  • Interests:Have a good laugh at whoever read this shit.
  • Bnet Name:iPawnnoobs
  • Bnet Realm:none

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:49 PM

mediatech 4 dollar mouse. and i still own with this mouse

#5 flemeister

flemeister

Enthusiast

• Forum Crew
  • 4882 posts
  • Interests:DotA!<br /><br />Anything that gives me new skills or lets me help others. Preferably both.
  • Bnet Name:flemeister
  • Bnet Realm:Lordaeron
  • Potential:R

Posted 30 May 2009 - 06:02 AM

Just a cheap normal mouse, preferably wireless.

#6 VirusWithin

VirusWithin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:In a DotA forum, my interests would be DotA? :/
  • Bnet Name:VirusWithin

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:12 AM

I think wireless mouses have a greater response time. so a wired usb mouse. preferably with customizable side-keys and a plus point for me if the mouse has an onboard memory so i can use it anywhere.
i recommend the logitech x-7 laser mouse. All features i mention and cheaper.

if your into looks then razer is definitely the way to go. for that i recommend Razer Lachesis High Precision Gaming Mouse.

Edited by VirusWithin, 30 May 2009 - 08:25 AM.

#7 fbarlan27

fbarlan27

Kawaii~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1225 posts
  • Bnet Name:sLash
  • Potential:C

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:15 AM

I recommend Razer Mamba:
-Only 1 ms delay
-Can be a USB or Wired Mouse

#8 mugen89

mugen89

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2025 posts
  • Bnet Name:mugen89
  • Potential:R

Posted 30 May 2009 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE(fbarlan27 @ May 31 2009, 12:15 AM) View Post

-Can be a USB or Wired Mouse

Wut?

#9 benyu

benyu

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Bnet Name:projectxz7

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE(mugen89 @ May 30 2009, 06:36 PM) View Post

Wut?

yup, you can connect the wire and it will use the usb function or you can make it wireless

#10 johnkx

johnkx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Bnet Name:johnkx

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:38 PM

lol every mouse is good for dota. I'm using a crappy wireless mouse from staples 20 bucks and it does its job.

#11 Jonny3tears

Jonny3tears

Enthusiast

• Forum Contributors
  • 364 posts
  • Bnet Name:Jonny3tears

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:33 PM

Razer Lachesis. Fastest and extremely adjustable. I had the g5 for a while and it was one mega comfortable mouse. You cant go wrong with the g5 or any Razer mouse.

#12 debatable

debatable

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Bnet Name:debatable

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:37 AM

First of all, thank you everyone for your opinions!

QUOTE(Kuyakayang @ May 28 2009, 01:49 PM) View Post

mediatech 4 dollar mouse. and i still own with this mouse

heh, I used to have a cheap mouse before I got my mx518... and once you experience the difference between a cheap mouse and a quality mouse, you never want to go back no matter what game you're playing biggrin.png  

QUOTE(Jonny3tears @ Jun 2 2009, 05:33 PM) View Post

Razer Lachesis. Fastest and extremely adjustable. I had the g5 for a while and it was one mega comfortable mouse. You cant go wrong with the g5 or any Razer mouse.

Yeah I do like the feel of the g5/mx51x models but I've only held one Razer mouse and it seemed a little small.  Are many of the Razer mice comparable in size to the logitech series or do they tend to be smaller like the one I held?  (I think it was a diamond back)

#13 Vicious514

Vicious514

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Bnet Name:Vicious008

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:11 AM

Find yourself a G5 on special, not hard to findand always a reliable choice. Razr if you play many different types of games, namely FPS's.

#14 kaRteL

kaRteL

DaRk PLaYeR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1317 posts
  • Bnet Name:██████

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:33 AM

I use MS laser mouse 6000, its really light and not very noisy. It also have side buttons I use for vent push to talk. I like it, cheap and it works!

#15 ulzimate

ulzimate

Enthusiast

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Bnet Name:gaylikeunicorn

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:16 AM

A mouse with side buttons is good, since you can use it for Ventrilo or item hotkeys.

#16 JayMoney

JayMoney

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Bnet Name:jayrawr

Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:05 PM

I've been using a G5 for about 6 months now and have had a great experience with it. it has two side buttons and a very comfortable feel, as well as a customizable weight system and 3 dpi options adjustable on the mouse.

Before that i had the Razer Diamondback, which is a little difficult to get adjusted to the feel (handle) of the mouse, but overall i would also recommend. it also has 2 side buttons on each side of the mouse (4 total) 2 of which control the dpi settings on the mouse.

and lastly before the Diamondback i had a Logitech MX510, which i LOVED. the MX510 has the same setup as the G5 minus the scroll bar movable left and right, and the customizable DPI.

overall i would suggest a G5 mouse, or MX518. the setup of these mice as so very comfortable and both have within 400 DPI of each other (800, 1600, 2000 - G5) (1600 - MX518)

out of all three they are all exceptional mice.

#17 Keyoto

Keyoto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Bnet Name:Keyoto

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:14 AM

I've used the deathadder, mx518, inteli 3.0, g5, g9. For Dota it doesn't really matter imo, but other than that i liked the G5 the best cause i like a  heavier mouse. One thing that is nice is the qck+ mousepad, gives you lots of room so you're able to move around a lot without running out of space! get one, do work.

#18 JohnBono

JohnBono

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Bnet Name:JohnBono

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:03 PM

Nothing has enough side buttons for me (I want to map them to item hotkeys.  I'm looking into building my own DotA mouse with 4-6 side keys for my personal use.

#19 K a z e

K a z e

<3 Photography

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts
  • Bnet Name:n/a

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:05 AM

QUOTE(JohnBono @ Jul 1 2009, 11:03 PM) View Post

Nothing has enough side buttons for me (I want to map them to item hotkeys.  I'm looking into building my own DotA mouse with 4-6 side keys for my personal use.

Did you really just bump this thread?

Anyways the Razer Lachesis has 4 buttons on the side. I don't think I use more than 4 active items anyway....

#20 Mamma Mu

Mamma Mu

Onin- likes small boys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1300 posts
  • Interests:I'm not gonna write about my interests, because<br />1. I don't have any<br />2. Maybe I have, but why should I share them with you?<br />3. I have a social life which I don't intend to share with some random assholes on the intwerwebz<br />Even thou the climate is changing and we'll never know what's actually happening so it's best to just hope to live long and happily. We're all gonna die one day, most of us will never know how we're gonna die until the actual moment we die unless the person who knew how he/she would die had planned it, thou making it a suicide. As some of you guys might know, there's a 1000 character limit on this little piece of shit and I've only reached 670 so far. Only because I want to reach the limit I'm totally gonna write here until I've exactly reached the limit. For you pedos/stalkers out there, I live in Sweden (northern europe/scandinavia), to be precise in Stockholm which is Sweden's capital. Tbh there are more stuff in Sweden than blonde girls. Unfortunately I haven't
  • Bnet Name: G-Arena: Shjort

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:15 AM

razer deathadder, 2 side buttons, often enough

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users