[SKILL] Bradwarden's Great Fortitude

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: GF remake..

what do you think?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 klepto22

klepto22

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Bnet Name:kulangot~
  • Bnet Realm:none

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:52 AM

Current skill description of Bradwarden's Great Fortitude:

Ultimate
IPB ImageGreat Fortitude
The Centaur Warchief's mammoth body is capable of absorbing great amounts of punishment.

Level 1 - Adds +12 Strength.
Level 2 - Adds +24 Strength.
Level 3 - Adds +36 Strength.
Mana Cost: N/A
Cooldown: N/A

my remake suggestion:

Ultimate
IPB ImageGreat Fortitude
The Centaur Warchief's mammoth body is capable of absorbing great amounts of punishment.

Level 1 - Adds +8 Strength. Adds +2 more strength whenever he takes damage. Cap of 6.
Level 2 - Adds +16 Strength. Adds +4 more strength whenever he takes damage. Cap of 12.
Level 3 - Adds +24 Strength. Adds +6 more strength whenever he takes damage. Cap of 18.
Mana Cost: N/A
Cooldown: N/A

Note: duration of additional bonus lasts for 5 seconds for all levels.

Explanation: whenever Bradwarden takes damage, he gains +2 more besides the initial bonus. The cap prevents too much strength bonus.

Example: Bradwarden has Great Fortitude on level 3, he then has 24 bonus strength, but then he takes damage, his strength bonus becomes 30 that will last for 5 seconds. If he takes damage again, it will become 36 strength. Just as long as he takes damage to the given 5 second duration which will then reset again for another 5 seconds.

Why this?
adds a twist to the current GF. Plus, it synergizes with his Return skill.. dont you think? smile.gif

Edited by klepto22, 19 February 2008 - 03:56 AM.

#2 DSveno

DSveno

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Bnet Name:DSveno
  • Potential:A

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:53 AM

Sound interesting, It can be good when you encounter dps hero like troll/sniper/etc, but not that useful when Lina/Lion want your life. However, I'll wait for further comment, since I think I feel something isn't right here, but I can't explain...

Will be back later.

#3 Torchic Maniac

Torchic Maniac

Forum Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5803 posts
  • Interests:Due to my large inactivity in IMs, please PM me before trying to IM me. I prefer if you use MSN Messenger in order to IM me. <br /><br /><br />What interests me:<br /><br />Pokemon<br />Digimon <br />Sailor Moon<br />Kirby<br />Billy Hatcher<br />Cute stuff
  • Bnet Name:bigbadpikachu
  • Bnet Realm:Azeroth
  • Potential:AR

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:36 AM

Sound interesting, It can be good when you encounter dps hero like troll/sniper/etc, but not that useful when Lina/Lion want your life. However, I'll wait for further comment, since I think I feel something isn't right here, but I can't explain...

Nah, you nail it right.

This suggestion is nice on paper, but you have to think of the effects of this.  In this case, it adds more negatives than positives.  On the upswing, you will get gain a lot of STR and be able to take more withstand against fast attackers and/or in crowds when you being attacked.  However, it does have one big disadvantage and it is same disadvantages that the Armlet has.  If you are weak and your STR drops after a battle, the hero will be more vulnerable to damage over time spells and global spells.  Plus burst damage will make this aspect useless.  

I know that Great Fortitude is boring, but I rather see a brand new skill that keeps the concept of the skill but keeps it interesting.  

No vote for now

#4 sousaka7

sousaka7

Want some Space Bar?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2296 posts
  • Bnet Name:=-=-=-=-=

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:30 PM

why do most people compare things to Lina's Laguna Blade, as if it wouldn't kill any hero who's hp is at danger zone... glare.gif

if you consider that the suggestion is on a battle not involving those high damage Ultimates...the suggestion would prove to be better...

from 12,24,36 to 8,16,24
which goes up to 14,28,42 at max which lasts up to 5 sec.

it would make Centaur nicer at battles this way, the base STR may need to be higher in order to be lavished by most people...

In my opinion...it sounds reasonable to tone down the base str since the suggestion prefers that Centaur gets pumped whenever he gets hit thus the result is lower damage as more hits occur...

I like it rather than the current couch potato skill of his...

a suggestion if I may add...make units attacking him have a penalty -2/4/6 Str stat...
in which case is the reason why Centaur gains STR...since he gets them from his enemy...
it would spice things a bit more...

Concept of making Centaur's STR grow when attacked is a GO-GO!

Nice suggestion and concept, making Centaur less of a couch potato is a...
IPB Image
Desho? Desho?  smile.gif

Edited by sousaka7, 19 February 2008 - 12:34 PM.

#5 Blazzu

Blazzu

Undying

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2865 posts
  • Bnet Name:Blazzu
  • Bnet Realm:Northrend
  • Potential:CR

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:31 PM

Wouldnt it be just clearier and simpler just buff strength gain from ultimate? I dont see any good reason to change it to what you are suggesting.

#6 -Milli-

-Milli-

Am I the hand or the smoke?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • Interests:hmmmm... ÐØ┼Å!!!
  • Bnet Name:Milli
  • Potential:AGR

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:32 PM

td.gif
This means the ult to be +14/28/42, (3 times damage is NOTHEING in 90% of the cases). Additionally this is a little insta-heal when low hp (+2/4/6 str = +38/76/114 hp which are gotten and when the strenght fades they are taken away, but cannot bring him below 1 hp)

Edited by -Milli-, 19 February 2008 - 01:39 PM.

#7 ninjarrr

ninjarrr

Willing to help.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1765 posts
  • Interests:http://www.vimeo.com/1211060
  • Bnet Name:ninjarr
  • Bnet Realm:Lordaeron
  • Potential:R

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:59 PM

To put it simply: unnecessary.  The idea isn't bad, but it doesn't really need the change.

#8 orbofdarkness

orbofdarkness

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1768 posts
  • Bnet Name:vuglysatchel

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:43 PM

how is it any different than if he just had +42 strength to start with? basically everytime something hits him, he regains his former glory and some more.

it is unnecessary.

Edited by orbofdarkness, 19 February 2008 - 09:56 PM.

#9 bundy_rum

bundy_rum

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1113 posts
  • Bnet Name:Pengwyn
  • Potential:C

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:51 PM

Ok T-up on concept

But that is SOOOOOOOO OP! +6 stacks 18 times??? thats +108 STR!!!

What I would suggest is keep the cap at say 10 for every level just increase the str gain 2/4/6 as it is. That way you can only get 60 str from it under circumstances.

#10 DSveno

DSveno

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Bnet Name:DSveno
  • Potential:A

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE(bundy_rum @ Feb 20 2008, 12:51 PM) View Post

Ok T-up on concept

But that is SOOOOOOOO OP! +6 stacks 18 times??? thats +108 STR!!!

Wrong. +6 str each stack, and cap at 18 str.

#11 bundy_rum

bundy_rum

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1113 posts
  • Bnet Name:Pengwyn

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE(DSveno @ Feb 20 2008, 02:24 AM) View Post

Wrong. +6 str each stack, and cap at 18 str.

It doesnt explain that the cap is 18 str it says cap 18, that could mean str or it could mean times, I thought it to be the number of times.

#12 interlider

interlider

DotA Elder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2222 posts
  • Bnet Name:Interlider
  • Potential:GR

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:48 AM

As we all know here at the Remake forum, we can't fix what aint broken. We don't have 3 heroes with a skill like GF... we can tell it's not only original and consistent, but it's also very powerful and its strength is sized by every single guide to centaur: GET IT ALWAYS AS POSSIBLE.

td.gif I don't see anything wrong with the current skill, and your rework doesn't make sense on that behalf because it doesn't show me why I should up this other than "it is balanced", because current skill IS BALANCED TOO. td.gif

~IntEr

#13 sousaka7

sousaka7

Want some Space Bar?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2296 posts
  • Bnet Name:=-=-=-=-=

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:00 AM

what about Naix? he's not broken...yet he was remade...
now even some item components are changed...are they broken?...not in my opinion...(these 2 are just examples and are not intended for discussion)

even though the GF is currently good, a concept suggestion which makes Centaur build up STR whenever he is dealt damage is a good way to make him better...

numbers may be odd right now...but I think that it's worth a try...
it's just that most people are so used to the skill and fear that it may become imba/too toned down after some changes...
just see how people reacted after Naix was changed...

perhaps think of this as a step to make Brad more active

#14 Wyvernoid

Wyvernoid

See you later, alligator.

• Forum Contributors
  • 1459 posts
  • Interests:Computer&gt;&gt;Warcraft
  • Bnet Name:Wyvernoid

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:51 AM

When suggesting skills concerning temporary stats gain/loss, you have to keep in mind that though gaining strength can lead to a rise of % of hp, loss of strength can result in a drop in % of hp. That is, though when you gain bonus strength when you get hit, you get more hp, when you lose that temporary strength bonus, you could be weaker than before you gained the bonus. At the worst time, a good loss in strength can leave you with 2 HP, which means instant kill for anybody.

If you still don't understand what I'm saying, do an experiment with Morphling.

The concept is good, but this set in the engine fails you.

T-Down.

#15 Major Noob

Major Noob

Hell's Bells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1401 posts
  • Bnet Name:DarthNoob

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:08 PM

Still a passive ulty... make it an active and I might t-up, otherwise holding/null

#16 Anti-Maphacker

Anti-Maphacker

ElementalClaw/CostumDota-Support

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Bnet Name:92GarfieLd

Posted 19 March 2008 - 02:41 PM

are u kidding?
18 * 6 = 108 + 24 = 132str
its currently balanced na dthat would be 4 times the str

#17 -Elaine-

-Elaine-

Forum Screw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • Bnet Name:none

Posted 19 March 2008 - 02:58 PM

He meant 18 str cap.

no thumbs down.

posters above said it all you could be unkillable or food.

#18 Veselchuna

Veselchuna

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Bnet Name:Veselchuna

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:39 PM

Imagine the battle is over and you have done your job - had tanked well and etc but after 5 sec when your str bonus expired your hp bonus drops dramaticaly (if we asume that you leave battle on low hp) and something happens :
1)wrath of zeus
2)vendetta , windwalk(bh) etc ...
3)last tick on venomancer`s poison combo
4)haunt (wrath of spectre)
5)something even worse

and lets not forget that if youre on low hp when attacked from bounty hunter for example you should depend on your ult str-stacking to fill your hp - any str bonus increases max hp depending on the str points gained but keeps your current hp percentage the same - so if youre on low hp these stacks won`t make any difference for the attacker cuz the have actualy healed you for 40 hp
t-down from me but keep trying till something cool comes over

#19 Sco0oby

Sco0oby

Wackey-Doodle

• Forum Contributors
  • 2126 posts
  • Bnet Name:Smithey

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:05 AM

interesting, the bonus should stay at 2 all lvls though and the duration should be nerfed. also the cap needs to be lowered imo.

Maybe the base str should be nerfed and this ability worked out more.

atm its imba in numbers.

the theme is cool and it does synergize with return and his second nuke. I like it t-up

#20 regelmaiszige

regelmaiszige

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • Interests:Basketball<br />Drawing<br />DOTA!!!
  • Bnet Name:hellmasker
  • Bnet Realm:Kalimdor
  • Potential:R

Posted 27 March 2008 - 08:34 AM

I give you Null.

Your suggestion is a great buff on him. True. It's a real buff and really helps him to be a mutual tanker.

But to me the current GF is balanced enough and already powerful. Brad's PROS is his high STR which means high base damage, and that's fact. His CONS is that he is a kind of item dependant hero. In late game, Brad without Tarrasque would be a big chicken. If your suggestion is implemented, he will lose his CONS, and that would be no fun.

So that's why : Null.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users