#41 WumpieJr

WumpieJr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Bnet Name:WumpieJr
  • Bnet Realm:Azeroth

Posted 22 October 2008 - 06:10 PM

One quick note: I read a study a couple years ago (couldn't find it right off) that found that sleeping well *two* nights before the exam is even more important than the night just before.  So that's what I tell everyone to do now.  Don't pull an all-nighter the night before, but make sure you get good sleep two nights before.

#42 f13nd

f13nd

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Bnet Name:f13nd
  • Bnet Realm:Azeroth

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:44 PM

THEY have hmrk help no way!!! this is awesome!

#43 JJLE

JJLE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:My interest? Isn't it obvious? I think it is Defense Of The Ancients, don't you think? I mean why did I join this site for, just to look around? Haha, I like playing video games when I'm bored, riding my bike, and some other stuff. I love Astronomy, yeah feel free to call me geek, because why should I get mad if I really am a geek? <br /><br />I also like fiddling around with the warcraft 3 editor and maybe make my own map someday...someday...maybe not. But its fun to fiddle around with the editor!
  • Bnet Name:MikeyTheFirst
  • Bnet Realm:Kalimdor

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:13 AM

I have a tip in history, and I discovered this myself. Well, for me this works, not sure about you guys.

"History is like a novel or movie, so treat it like one"

Basically, don't memorize history like this:

1132 - "insert occurence here"

Memorize it like this:

<insert some important person here> was the president of <insert some country here>, with his vice president being <insert some guy here>. In 1132, <insert president's name here> attempted to...

Well, you get the point. History is just like a novel/movie, except with more dates and it requires you to study it. Never memorize history without knowing the plot of it. Because if you know the concept of the occurrence, you can instantly draw derivations from it.

Such as in our finals, it was hard and the entire class could agree on that. Yet, I was surprised I got a near perfect score even though I didn't memorize it systematically, and studied it just like a novel. (No really, I was seriously surprised there)

Edited by JJLE, 23 March 2009 - 04:15 AM.

#44 PharaohsVizier

PharaohsVizier

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Bnet Name:PharaohsVizier
  • Bnet Realm:Lordaeron

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:13 PM

You know that tip doesn't just work in history, it helps in a lot of cases.  For example, biology is a course that is quite a bit of memorization, but it is a lot easier to digest all of that stuff if you remember it in sequence or how it works.

As for adding a bit of advice of my own.  I find studying before you sleep is a great way to learn.  I don't mean cramming through midnight, then getting 2 minutes.  But I mean if you sleep at 11 the night before your exam, you might want to study from 10-11.  It helps a lot because you sort of think about it while you are on your bed.

This might be just me, but I think best when I'm showering.  Something about the sound of water splashing is kind of soothing.  So if you are stuck on something when you are studying, do something relaxing then tackle it again.

Also, learn everything in the syllabus or guidelines, nothing more!  Follow it like the bible!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users