[STR-SCRG] Monthollow, the Cold One

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

Poll: If you find this message, you get a cookie! (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Shall Monthollow feast upon thy DotA heroes?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Lill

Lill

Genius and madness are separated only by degrees of success.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2033 posts
  • Interests:Epicness<br />Clockwork<br />Arguing<br />Magic the Gathering (Timmy / Johnny player)<br />Fighting games (Guilty Gear specifically, Potemkin)<br />RTS<br />RPG<br />Old-school games (Silver, for example)
  • Bnet Name:BlueMirage
  • Bnet Realm:Northrend
  • Potential:R

Posted 07 December 2008 - 03:20 PM

Since people kept bitching me to use turn my Balanar remake into an independant hero suggestion, I've done so with a few minor differences, and you can find those differences in the changelog.
You can find the remake here.

Credits to Nagareboshi for initial concept.
Credits to OdinsFury for help with some of the abilities.
Credits to Lozarian for the name of the third skill.

CHANGE LOG

October 3rd, 2008
Along with posting this as a hero suggestion, I have done the following:
• Removed the Night bonus on Haemophilia.
• Buffed Haemophilia's duration by 0.5 seconds, making it 3.5 seconds from 3.
• Nerfed Haemophilia's cooldown by 1 second, making it 8 seconds from 7.
• Buffed his starting strength by 1.
• Buffed his starting agility by 3 and gain by 0.2.
• Nerfed his starting intelligence by 3 and gain by 0.3.

As always, vote on concept and not on numbers, names or model. The latter are easily changed, concept is not.
If you have problems with the hero, please refrain from voting until I have answered your questions or problems.

CONCEPT

Monthollow is a brutal DpS hero. Notice that I don't say carry or hero killer, there are differences. A carry for example farms early and mid game, and then owns lategame. A hero killer tries to kill heroes all game, and can often rule the lategame by doing so.
Monthollow is neither of these. He is efficient for the whole game, but his weakness is that he is quite weak when it comes to killing heroes, atleast solo. He needs to get close to his enemies if he wants to do that, so he needs an ally. Pretty much the same way Dragon Knight uses his Dragon Tail (Although harder).

Because he remains efficient for the whole game he can carry, but doesn't need to do so.

The skills are designed to give him lane power without needing to cast spells, by having a very reliable self heal and a burst DpS skill that should work wonders for lasthitting, harassing and other stuff. One might argue that he plays selfishly, but I disagree. Two of his skills benefit a lot from having a lot of enemy heroes around, so that will make him seek out team battles. Also, he will most likely need an ally if he wants to get his hero killing combo off, which makes him seek out teamplay aswell.

What makes him really scary though is his map control. He can easily stay healthy most of the time with his Bloodline, and he can also avenge recently killed allies or help a large gank when either an ally or enemy dies.

INTRODUCTION

IPB Image

Summon Cold One

"Throughout the vast shadowy world of ghosts and demons there is no figure so terrible, no figure so dreaded and abhorred, yet dight with such fearful fascination, as the vampire, who himself neither ghost nor demon, but yet who partakes the dark natures and possesses the mysterious and terrible qualities of both." - Rev. Montague Summers

The Cold Ones are one of the few vampire clans left on Azeroth. Being recongnized as strong and destructive warriors by the Scourge, they were asked to join the Scourge for greater evil. The Cold Ones agreed, and sent their strongest warrior to aid them. The Sentinel had heard rumors, saying ''it'' enjoyed bloodbaths, and would drag people with it down into the darkness. Nothing escapes the hunting ground it knows as Azeroth, and its bloodstained figure even tracks death itself. When the Sentinel actually met the creature, they realized Monthollow was just a name for a horrid and ruthless killing machine.

Strength - 24 + 2.7 (Average + Average)
Agility - 21 + 2.2 (Above Average + Above average)
Intelligence - 14 + 1.4 (Below Average + Below average)

IPB Image

Learns Bloodline, Dark Abyss, Haemophilia and Icon of Sin

Melee attack range of 100
Movement speed of 295

HERO INFORMATION

Affiliation: Scourge
Role: Damage dealer, Map Controller
Theme: Blood, Destruction
Color theme: Red

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Starting Hitpoints: 150 + (Base Strength * 19) = 606
Starting Mana: (Base Intelligence * 13) = 182
Starting Damage: 61- 63 (Above Average)
Starting Armor: 3 (Average)

General Pros:
High amount of non-nuke damage.
Good amount of map control.
Scary :spiteful:.

General Cons:
No nukes.
Only one, relatively weak disable.

HERO SKILLS

IPB Image

Bloodline

Creates a bloodline with any unit, linking its activity with your health. If a unit connected by a bloodline moves or teleports, the caster (Monthollow) heals for 4% of the distance travelled. Can target enemies, allies and self.

Level 1 - Lasts for 5 seconds.
Level 2 - Lasts for 10 seconds.
Level 3 - Lasts for 15 seconds.
Level 4 - Lasts for 20 seconds.

700 casting range.

Cooldown: 2 seconds.
Mana Cost: 30.

A reverse form of rupture that is actually pretty weak when only put on one unit. Its true power shines when put on multiple units, and as it has a very short cooldown and manacost that is certainly possible.

It allows you to stay healthy outside battle, giving 12 health per second if one moves at 300 ms. However, that only works when the target (Or yourself) so it's not very useful when you're attacking enemies.

Forget about putting this on enemies on a lane. Put it on yourself instead!

IPB Image

Dark Abyss

Creates an abyss at a nearby point. Whenever a unit is attacked by Monthollow, it's instantly dragged 100 units towards the abyss. Any enemy unit directly on top of the abyss has reduced armor.

Level 1 - Lasts for 4 seconds. Reduces armor by 2 if directly on top.
Level 2 - Lasts for 5 seconds. Reduces armor by 4 if directly on top.
Level 3 - Lasts for 6 seconds. Reduces armor by 6 if directly on top.
Level 4 - Lasts for 7 seconds. Reduces armor by 8 if directly on top.

200 casting range.

Cooldown: 15 seconds.
Mana Cost: 95.

One very important thing to note is that the enemy will not stop running if they are teleported 100 units by this skill, they'll continue moving towards the same spot as before.

This is Monthollow's only disable. It's weakness is that it only works when Monthollow is attacking someone, and even then it doesn't disable spellcasting or attacking. Its other weakness is that Monthollow needs to reach his target if he wants to use it.
The armor debuff penalizes people that aren't fleeing, and it adds even more DpS. You could of course combine it with a stun from your ally to make use of the armor debuff if you really want to.

Anyway, with this you can either prevent someones escape easier, or force someone to escape or suffer from reduced armor. Stopping someone's channeling skill! There's a lot of possibilities with it.

IPB Image

Haemophilia

Whenever Monthollow's claws draw blood, he bursts into a frenzy as he craves for more destruction. The frenzy wears off just as quickly as it came, only lasting for 3.5 seconds.

Level 1 - Frenzy increases AS by 25% and MS by 15%.
Level 2 - Frenzy increases AS by 35% and MS by 20%.
Level 3 - Frenzy increases AS by 45% and MS by 25%.
Level 4 - Frenzy increases AS by 55% and MS by 30%.

Cooldown: 8 seconds.
Mana Cost: 0 (Passive).

This is his only passive, but it's not a boring passive like Evasion. Think of it more as Blood Bath, that requires skill to be used even though it's passive.

What's the use of this spell? This spell gives him a decent way to lasthit, but it's also spell in his repertoire that doesn't need setting up or time to become useful. Bloodline for example requires you to put it at multiple units if you want it to become effective, and Icon of Sin requires a lot of dead heroes nearby. Without this spell, he would be useless in the start of a fight. It gives him some initiating power.

It also allows him to chase better, but only if he gets a hit in, the same condition that Dark Abyss has. Thus he will most likely need good maneuvering if he wants to catch up with someone.

You can of course hit a creep in order to trigger it and chase a hero, but then you would be wasting its short duration.

IPB Image

Icon of Sin

Whenever a hero dies, an Icon of Sin is spawned above it and lasts until that hero ressurects. Monthollow may teleport to an Icon of Sin anytime in order to hunt any remnants, and his wrath and power is increased by the blood contained within each nearby icon.

Level 1 - Gains 30 damage for each icon within 1000 AoE.
Level 2 - Gains 45 damage for each icon within 1000 AoE.
Level 3 - Gains 60 damage for each icon within 1000 AoE.

Infinite (99999) Casting Range.

Cooldown: 10/7/4 seconds.
Mana Cost: 70.

The ultimate consists of two parts: One active skill and one passive skill (Although only one icon). The passive ''skill (It's not really a skill since it's all triggered)'' spawns an Icon of Sin above a hero (Friend or foe) when it dies. Icons of Sin are untargetable invulnerable units. Monthollow gains extra damage for each one within 1000 AoE of himself.

The learned skill is an active skill that works pretty much like Reality; You use it on a point on the map and you teleport to the closest Icon. Note that unlike Reality, Icons of Sin are not destroyed when you teleport to them.

With the skill, you can easily avoid almost any gank by teleporting out of there much like Morphlings ultimate, you can avenge a teammate or help, teleport across the map, quite a lot of stuff with it. Because of your mapcontrolling playstyle, you will most likely gank a lot of heroes, thus getting a lot of Icons.

SKILL SYNERGY FOR DUMMIES

Before I go on listing the skills individual synergies, I would first like to say that this hero synergizes a lot more in role than in mechanics. All of his skills allow him to deal damage. Bloodline gives you health so that you can continue dealing damage without fear of getting killed, and the rest increase his overall DpS in some way.

IPB Image + IPB Image

The biggest problem with Bloodline is that you want the enemy or yourself to move, but if using move disablers will reduce the amount healed as you will move less units. Dark Abyss solves this problem and even makes Bloodline better; Dark Abyss increases the amount of units moved by the target through teleporting, AND it keeps them in the same area. It won't keep yourself moving though.

IPB Image +IPB Image

You have two choices here. You can put it on yourself, and go zoom with the extra movespeed from Haemophilia for more health, or you can put it on an enemy and watch them flee so that they don't trigger Haemophilia smile.gif.

IPB Image + IPB Image

Bloodline does count distance travelled by teleporting, so teleporting across the map can heal you for quite a lot which is great if you initiate a fight; Take a lot of damage, and come back 8 seconds later with full health.

IPB Image + IPB Image

Haemophilia gives attack speed, so you'll disrupt the movement even better. The extra movespeed allows you to catch up with an enemy if the distance isn't melee already. Great chasing combo.

IPB Image + IPB Image

Dark Abyss displace factor allows you to either kill someone at a place you desire, or to displace them into your Icon of Sin territory. Note that Dark Abyss' displace factor is pretty weak, so this will only work if the enemy tries to fight you.

IPB Image + IPB Image

Pop up, and avenge your teammate quickly before the other enemies start ganging you.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: Doesn't Haemophilia mean ''Afraid of blood''?
A: I thought it did too at first, but then I realized that the word I was thinking of was Haemophobic. Haemophilia means ''Love of blood (Refer to Necrophilia)''.

I don't really have much to say here, except don't vote on numbers!

Edited by k900, 25 May 2009 - 10:53 AM.

#2 Nytesong

Nytesong

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Bnet Name:DarkArcana
  • Bnet Realm:Azeroth

Posted 07 December 2008 - 04:12 PM

If you cast Abyss at a point and then teleport across the map and hit something, will it move 100 units towards that point? Or is there an AoE cap?

And I think that Haemophilia could be more.. map-control ish. I'm sure you can think of something.

#3 mechkl

mechkl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Bnet Name:Innoruk

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:05 PM

Wow i actually love this character just need to change his model and you're good togo imo friend def T-up.

just one question about ult, when you tp to an icon does it dissapear or stay there... cause if it stays maybe beefing the cooldowns a good idea or giving the teleport a cast time so hes not invincible once a few heros die.

#4 OdinsFury

OdinsFury

Willing to hate your hero!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1045 posts
  • Interests:Things, interesting things, things that hold interest, interest holding and capturing things that interest me.<br /><br />I'm interested in anything thats interesting... simple enough?
  • Bnet Name:OdinsFury
  • Bnet Realm:Lordaeron

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:17 PM

I think you finally got the concept working, I'm impressed.  I still have my reservations with the second ability, but as a hero this is infinitely better than the lame ass pathetic excuse for a hero that the Nightstalker is.  It's not perfect, but that ultimate seriously deserves in-game implementation and I really like the first skill too.  First thing I've given a thumbs-up to in a very long time.

#5 Lill

Lill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2033 posts
  • Interests:Epicness<br />Clockwork<br />Arguing<br />Magic the Gathering (Timmy / Johnny player)<br />Fighting games (Guilty Gear specifically, Potemkin)<br />RTS<br />RPG<br />Old-school games (Silver, for example)

Posted 08 December 2008 - 01:54 AM

If you cast Abyss at a point and then teleport across the map and hit something, will it move 100 units towards that point? Or is there an AoE cap?

There is no cap because there is no reason for there to be a cap.
Wow i actually love this character just need to change his model and you're good togo imo friend def T-up.

It's not the same model as Balanar, so don't worry.
just one question about ult, when you tp to an icon does it dissapear or stay there... cause if it stays maybe beefing the cooldowns a good idea or giving the teleport a cast time so hes not invincible once a few heros die.

It's answered in the text below the skill. Icons do not dissappear when you teleport to them.
Cooldown is justified by his limited teleport options, and his melee attack.
I think you finally got the concept working, I'm impressed.  I still have my reservations with the second ability, but as a hero this is infinitely better than the lame ass pathetic excuse for a hero that the Nightstalker is.  It's not perfect, but that ultimate seriously deserves in-game implementation and I really like the first skill too.  First thing I've given a thumbs-up to in a very long time.

Thanks for both your support and help smile.gif. You can vote on this as a remake if you want to, you can find the link on the top.

#6 zero|nine

zero|nine

Lurking..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Bnet Name:teStud0
  • Bnet Realm:none

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:00 AM

Great Concept.. (Again..)

T-up as promised..

smile.gif

#7 Nagareboshi

Nagareboshi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Bnet Name:Nagareboshi

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:03 AM

wow! been a while since i last logged in.

but i needed to t-up this beautiful hero! tongue.gif
i love this! looking good!! biggrin.gif

btw i've been wondering, with the abyss skill.. would getting attacked by monthollow's images ( rune, manta ) work? also with his passive skill and his ultimate... cause it should!!

im seeing manta as a great item from him ryt now biggrin.gif

with the images getting ias and ims plus with the abys and bonus dmg from ulti..
okok thats getting a little to overpowered ...but nobodys complaing with ursa's super dps..

did i mention i love hero?! happy.gif

thx lill, this guy wouldn't have made it out the HiP without you!  rolleyes.gif

#8 Yuna the Summoner

Yuna the Summoner

Custom title goes here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1393 posts
  • Bnet Name:YunaTheSummoner or Tholdalf

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:18 AM

He´s nice biggrin.gif DotA needs more Vampires!

#9 Lill

Lill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2033 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:10 AM

btw i've been wondering, with the abyss skill.. would getting attacked by monthollow's images ( rune, manta ) work? also with his passive skill and his ultimate... cause it should!!

Bash skills or Greater Bash doesn't work for images, because it is overpowered. It won't work for Dark Abyss either.
with the images getting ias and ims plus with the abys and bonus dmg from ulti..

The only skill that I know that images use in the game is Desolate. Thus, Icon of Sin or Haemophilia won't work for images (Too overpowered).
thx lill, this guy wouldn't have made it out the HiP without you!

Or OdinsFury!

#10 The_Lone_Wolf14

The_Lone_Wolf14

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Interests:Thats seriously my email adress.<br />Dota, Suggestions. My real life, NTY.
  • Bnet Name:dr.Hyno

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:53 PM

Not here to vote, But if I was it would prolly be TU. Just want to offer some constructive Criticism...though this hero is awesome. Skill 1 is good, but kinda like a reverse rupture. Skill 2 is kinda insignificant, and is kinda the weak skill of the bunch. 100 knockback and some -armor doesnt make for a great spell. Your third and fourth skills are my favorites, very original and fun. Espeically your ultimate, one of the best skills ive ever seen.

#11 Lill

Lill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2033 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:45 PM

Not here to vote, But if I was it would prolly be TU. Just want to offer some constructive Criticism...though this hero is awesome.

Then why no vote?

#12 PowerBerry2

PowerBerry2

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Bnet Name:PurseBlood

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:42 AM

No question needed for this, A new vamp is great and very interesting Duo with Old balanar. I agree with Yuna the Summoner, Dota needs more vamps! How come they dont increase since there are already overpopulated trolls, pandas and goblins around? >_> T_UP!

Out of topic: Taurens (TC by demand!) and other species not in dota should be added or included ingame.  angry.gif

Oh by the way, can you check for my hero, Mak'nerak? remember him? Just done some remade version  of his lately.

#13 Lill

Lill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2033 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:59 PM

No question needed for this, A new vamp is great and very interesting Duo with Old balanar. I agree with Yuna the Summoner, Dota needs more vamps! How come they dont increase since there are already overpopulated trolls, pandas and goblins around? >_> T_UP!

I'm not complaining, but isn't that reason alone really enough for a T-up?
Oh by the way, can you check for my hero, Mak'nerak? remember him? Just done some remade version  of his lately.

I remember him. Depending on how I feel, I'll review him.

#14 PowerBerry2

PowerBerry2

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Bnet Name:PurseBlood

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:42 PM

oh, I did seen this from the remake already... so I'm with this hero. Been so lazy last time XD. And thanks in advance.

#15 CrazyLikeAFox

CrazyLikeAFox

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Bnet Name:FER4L

Posted 11 December 2008 - 11:27 AM

This is a really cool hero idea, you have my T-up =3

only suggestion would be to not allow Bloodline to benefit from teleportation. IT just seems kinda broken to cast it on a TPing hero and instantly regain full hp when he TPs =P

#16 Greshym

Greshym

i R serious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1691 posts
  • Interests:I am all round
  • Bnet Name:none
  • Potential:AR

Posted 11 December 2008 - 11:43 AM

This one is pretty cool, TU from me.

now only more Tauren in game. heck. check my sig for da Tauren Chieftain!

#17 Lill

Lill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2033 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 12:10 PM

only suggestion would be to not allow Bloodline to benefit from teleportation. IT just seems kinda broken to cast it on a TPing hero and instantly regain full hp when he TPs =P

Assuming the TPing unit is an enemy, he can stop teleporting.
If it's an ally, he'll be gone from the team battle which is just as bad.

#18 Greshym

Greshym

i R serious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1691 posts
  • Interests:I am all round
  • Bnet Name:none
  • Potential:AR

Posted 11 December 2008 - 01:28 PM

Or maybe add a max just like on rupture? if you start raping some1 and his ally comes to help, he tps away, then you rape the ally because you were just healed for over 9000.
a cap like rupture seems fitting here i guess.

#19 Nagareboshi

Nagareboshi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Bnet Name:Nagareboshi

Posted 11 December 2008 - 06:14 PM

if you start raping some1 and his ally comes to help, he tps away, then you rape the ally because you were just healed for over 9000.

that is bad calculations bro..
the maps width is around 12k so teleporting from across the map is only 12000*0.04=480 heal.. not 9000... the map would have to be 225000 units wide...>_>

so yea... and thats asuming that he teleported from one end of the map to the other.

#20 Lill

Lill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2033 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:30 PM

Or maybe add a max just like on rupture? if you start raping some1 and his ally comes to help, he tps away, then you rape the ally because you were just healed for over 9000.

I like that. Allies betraying each other.
Would be fun to have Balanar on your own team, but if you're facing him... bleh.
that is bad calculations bro..the maps width is around 12k so teleporting from across the map is only 12000*0.04=480 heal.. not 9000... the map would have to be 225000 units wide...>_>so yea... and thats asuming that he teleported from one end of the map to the other.

^ What he said (I had forgotten I made those calculations).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users