[AGI-SENT] Sandata, the Centaur Archer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
158 replies to this topic

Poll: Sandata, the Centaur Archer (204 member(s) have cast votes)

Does this Hero deserve to be in DotA?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#141 sijamaru

sijamaru

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Bnet Name:sijamaru, Honda
  • Bnet Realm:none

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:53 AM

Giving an ability a 2 sec cooldown and low mana cost and giving it the potential ability to deal 700 physical damage at level 7 is just wrong. Even if it has a small AoE.
Increase cooldown to something like 5-3.5 sec and make it a fixed cooldown please.

On second thought, just reduce the casting range and the cap damage to something like 500. It conflicts against his playstyle a lot.

Edited by sijamaru, 07 January 2009 - 04:57 AM.

#142 Thoth-

Thoth-

Imbalanced Judge

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2945 posts
  • Interests:RAWR.
  • Bnet Name:Thoth-
  • Bnet Realm:Kalimdor
  • Potential:R

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:01 AM

I'd follow what you suggested at the second paragraph.

#143 PUowww

PUowww

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Bnet Name:PUow
  • Bnet Realm:Lordaeron

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:09 AM

bump

#144 Dreadnought[dA]

Dreadnought[dA]

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1355 posts
  • Bnet Name:Dreadnought[dA]

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:18 AM

Drow Marksmanship +12 agility
Your ultimate +3 agility after firing all your spells... SOMETHING WRONG HERE!?!?!?

Ofc I already stated I like this hero idea but those numbers are eating my brain biggrin.png

#145 Thoth-

Thoth-

Imbalanced Judge

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2945 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:35 AM

LOL at Drow comparing. But Drow doesn't have an armor reducing skill, or a potential nuke at that level. She also does not have a slow that improves as they escape. She can only Silence as semi-harass with slow.

No worries here. Besides, Sandata's can go more than that. I think I should extend Enforce's duration though, but not now. 30 seconds is enough.

#146 zero|nine

zero|nine

Lurking..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Bnet Name:teStud0

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:52 AM

Just mere looking at the hero's name I'll t-up this..biggrin.png

On a serious note, IIRC This suggestion were posted first than Alleria was introduced in DotA.. Maybe Ice copied your Heaven's Tear -> Powershot? mellow.gif

Ok now on the topic:

Unique concept wise, with this hero you'll actually "aim" his arrows like they're supposed to.. Really fun to play atm.

tup.gif for concept

#147 RacerKiller

RacerKiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Bnet Name:RacerKiller

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:07 PM

The new ultimate is alot better than the old , however I think it would work better with double effect at half duration, as 30 seconds spamming spells to get maximum effect is quite a long time.

You could give an stun to piercing arrow's end effect, as the current one is weak for how hard it is to hit with it while piercing alot of armor. 0.1 second stun per armor reduced, however the aoe should be reduced.

Edited by RacerKiller, 09 January 2009 - 11:39 PM.

#148 JJE92

JJE92

My name is JJE not JE or JJ T_T ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1251 posts
  • Bnet Name:JJE

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:36 AM

General hero idea: Well, after Windrunner was added to Dota, i dont think a new archer is such a good and original idea. A Centaur is in Dota already, too, so imo your General hero idea is average.
7/15

Skill 1: Nice skill, though the damage will perhaps often miss, due to max range, that you cant easily predict sometimes.
Id make the missile speed a bit faster.
8/10

Skill 2: Cool skill, that would be really fun using it.
10/10

Skill 3: I dont see any similarities between this skill and Kotls Mana Leak, what did you mean with that?
Good skill imo, has very good synergies.
9/10

Ult: Good skill. This would be a reason to buy some MP-regen, perhaps a Perseverence at lvl 6. Then you can spam your skills and make this skill powerful. The low INT balances this skill out, so that it cant become oped. Great.
10/10

Synergies:
Skill 1 + Skill 2: Hmm, good, but Id prefer RacerKillers suggestion of giving skill 1 a stun instead of armor reduction. That would synergize better with skill 2.
Skill 1 + Skill 3: Good
Skill 1 + Skill 4: Spam to make Ult effective. Very good
Skill 2 + Skill 3: Great synergy.
Skill 2 + Ult: Great synergy
Skill 3 + Ult: Good.
Hero synergies: Rhasta + Sandata = GG smile.gif
I like the synergies.
Item synergies:
A perseverance in the beginning would be my first choice perhaps. After that Diffusials would be a good idea as well imo (nice Agi, Int and Purge to slow and make combo more powerful, though the Range of Purge is a bit small), SnY ofc, Orchid ftw, optionally Maelstrom or stygian Deso. Just listed some more ideas. Very good synergies imo.
22/25

Gameplay: To attack only from  a long range would be wuite funny imo. I really like this gameplay.
10/10

Stats: 5/5

Model/Icons: Heavens Tears icon is now Shackleshot. Id change it. 4/5

Overall: = 85/100 = 85% = Tup.
Imo a great hero. Fun and not too easy to use.

#149 Thoth-

Thoth-

Imbalanced Judge

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2945 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:54 AM

Adding a small stun would either make the whole Hero imbalanced, or just too similar to Elune's Arrow. Why does it make the Hero imbalanced? He already has an above average slow.

Very in-depth review, that one. Well, Icey stolez the icon for Heaven's Tear. I can't find another icon that points upper-right and resembles the animation.

Similarities between Sap and Mana Leak is that they both use distance traveled to be more effective.

Centaurs are usually blunt and prefer to bash the enemy's brains out. This one chooses not to and performs exemplary ranged fighting styles. I consider that to be unique, though he is an archer. Well, it's better than giving him a wand and making his skills all fairy and stuff.

Better missile speed would be too good, but I don't delve too deep into the mechanics as they are usually irrelevant and are decided by the devs.

Synergies between him and everything else are the second most fun thing after his gameplay. I worked on that a lot. Thanks for the review.

#150 andreicr

andreicr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Bnet Name:andreicr
  • Bnet Realm:Northrend

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:36 AM

I like the concept. T-UP!
Would he be good mid lane or maybe top any ideas?

#151 Thoth-

Thoth-

Imbalanced Judge

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2945 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:26 AM

Everybody wants to solo mid with this guy!

#152 Game-And-Watch

Game-And-Watch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Bnet Name:Game-And-Watch
  • Bnet Realm:Azeroth

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:26 PM

GODDAMN.  THAT IS THE MOST BADASS LOOKING HERO MODEL EVER.

T UP

#153 tommypoh666

tommypoh666

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Bnet Name:tommypoh666

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:23 AM

a few question here

1st skill cd is 6s and the effect is 10s rite? so in this case does it mean that the enemy does have the possibility to have 10 armour shreded?

2nd skill is exactly like elune's arow which strikes the very 1ST enemy? and the damage is AoE of that enemy? but 500 dmg still seems a lil too high although it can be so SO easily escaped..why not lower down the damage and increase the speed instead so that the skill has more accuracy and still can deal damage?

does skill 3 has limit to the armour reduction?

is the ulti chargeable by item skill like dagon or mjollnir's static? if it is just his own skill only which means he'll have max 51 bonus AGI at the 30th second and then drop to 42 AGI point at the 31st second?

#154 necrounholy

necrounholy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Bnet Name:necrounholy

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:26 AM

Didnt bother to read all the replies, but it's a T-Up from me. Good concept, good storyline, and interesting skills.

#155 Dreadnought[dA]

Dreadnought[dA]

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1355 posts
  • Bnet Name:Dreadnought[dA]

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:17 AM

41 agility if you use all your agilities as fast as humanly possible (which actually is a lie considering there is a cast time). 45 agility passively for Drow. Most useless ultimate award? 4/7/10 agility and then it's good. Lower the duration of the charges if you must, but right now it's TERRIBAD. You have to cast 15 spells to finally be as good as Drow and you said it was good early game. There's no comparison at all. Stats are far superior to your ultimate which is just sad! Considering Drow has a passive that boosts her ultimates effectiveness and her overrall DPS, I think you can give this a buff.

Edited by Dreadnought[dA], 01 March 2009 - 02:21 AM.

#156 Maccer

Maccer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Bnet Name:maccer

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:25 PM

T-up. Good concept and numbers.

Proud to be Pinoy.

#157 Thoth-

Thoth-

Imbalanced Judge

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2945 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:57 PM

OMG why the bump?

And I'll edit the numbers just to be safe Dreadnought[dA].

#158 Sandata

Sandata

People play The Cure songs better than The Cure

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4441 posts
  • Bnet Name:10k.Sandata

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:27 PM

t-up guess why: its because i inspired this hero.

seriously though, heaven's tear is a beast of a skill. it can become completely useless in battle net though, but the other 3 skills are enough to keep this hero playable. that's what hero design should be about. if one skill is inviable, the others should keep the hero from being useless.

#159 Thoth-

Thoth-

Imbalanced Judge

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2945 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:57 AM

Did you know they ignored it when it was on the waiting list?

I'm going to go complain. I know I read somewhere something...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users