[AGI-SENT] Sandata, the Centaur Archer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
158 replies to this topic

Poll: Sandata, the Centaur Archer (204 member(s) have cast votes)

Does this Hero deserve to be in DotA?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Thoth-

Thoth-

Imbalanced Judge

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2945 posts
  • Interests:RAWR.
  • Bnet Name:Thoth-
  • Bnet Realm:Kalimdor
  • Potential:R

Posted 22 June 2008 - 07:42 PM

CHANGE LOG

May 3, 2009
• Reposted the Hero.

July 2, 2008
• Nerfed Ultimate's duration. (30/45/60 seconds --> 15/30/45 seconds)
• Nerfed the AGI gain from skills. (3 AGI --> 2 AGI)

July 12, 2008
• Added more emphasis on his role.
• Increased the range of Yggdrasil's Sap. (750 --> 1000)

July 13, 2008
• Added Skillset Synergy section.
• Added damage increase display feature on the Ultimate, so you know how many AGI you have accumulated.
• Decreased Piercing Arrow's cooldown big, which allows it to be more spammable, even after you miss. (11 --> 7)
• Decreased Piercing Arrow's manacost which allows it to be used more often even if you miss. (140 --> 110)

July 19, 2008
• Minor increase to Piercing Arrow's vision. (200 --> 400) : Other than that, nothing big really.

July 20, 2008
• Increased the damage cap of Heaven's Tear as an incentive to shoot farther. (500 --> 600)
• Changed range improvement per level. (2000/2250/2500/2750 --> 1750/2250/2750/3000)
• Changed Yggdrasil's Sap's icon to a much more fitting icon! At last!

August 3, 2008
• Increased Enforce's AGI gain from skills. (2 AGI --> 3 AGI)
• But! Decreased its duration by a significant amount. (15/30/45 --> 15/25/35)
• The above changes affect his late game dramatically which makes him a tiny bit more item dependent, and less IMBA.

August 30, 2008
• Decreased manacost of Piercing Arrow and Yggdrasil's Sap by 10 to serve for early game.

August 31, 2008
• Added a cap to Enforce. (75 AGI)
• Decreased AGI gain from attacking. (0.5 AGI --> 0.25 AGI)
• Decreased Enforce's AGI gain from skills. (3 AGI --> 2.5 AGI)

September 10, 2008
• Changed how the Ultimate adds AGI. (0.25 AGI/attack --> 1 AGI/4 attacks)
• Marveled at how many RTD's I'm getting. biggrin.png
• Decreased Enforce's AGI gain from skills. (2.5 AGI --> 2 AGI)
• Decreased Yggdrasil's manacsot. (130 --> 90)

September 14, 2008
• Added test map with huge credit to cezar_sl.

September 16, 2008
• Reworked Heaven's Tear to get the most out of it, and balancing it further.

September 19, 2008
• Balanced the Stats.
• Changed the link to test map.
• Reworked Enforce to only gain AGI from skills, which should balance it.

September 20, 2008
• Increased Enforce's duration to encourage spammage of the skills.

September 21, 2008
• Enforce typo noted by bazaaro21.

October 26, 2008
• Changed how Heaven's Tear affects neutral creeps, fixing a forest fight issue.
• Improved Enforce scaling.
• Updated test map.

November 15, 2008
• Adjusted Piercing Arrow to make it a little stronger (+damage, +AoE, -CD, -mana)
• Tweaked Enforce to make it a little easier to use. (45 second duration)
• Added an effect to Yggdrasil's Sap. (added -Armor)

December 13, 2008
• Photobucket bandwidth issues forced me to re-upload pictures for your convenience.

January 8, 2009
• Reduced Heaven's Tear's casting range and damage cap.
• Increased AoE of Piercing Arrow to 600.

April 8, 2009
• Tweaked the numbers even further to match 6.59d standards.

INTRODUCTION

Summon Sandata

IPB Image

Story

Sandata, the son of Bradwarden, is a worshipper of Yggdrasil. His father has come to understand his passion for archery and has allowed him to take a different path from their ancestors. An excellent blacksmith as he is an archer, he can forge finely-honed armor-piercing arrows to render any reinforcements useless. With his weapon, the Yggdrasil, he can shoot from massive distances to a stationary target. A master of paralysis-inducing poisons, his arrows are tainted with deadly toxic substances that halt one's movement the more they struggle to be free. Sandata is a living legend of his time.

Strength: 17 + 1.3
Agility: 19 + 3.3 (Primary)
Intelligence: 15 + 1.2

Learns Piercing Arrow, Heaven's Tear, Yggdrasil's Sap and Enforce

Attack range of 500
Movement speed of 305

HERO ROLE DESCRIPTION

Let's see. I've seen some comments that Sandata is a chaser, when in fact he is not. You might say his third skill, Yggdrasil's Sap, slows. But not all slows are meant for chasing. Some slows are to keep them within range, and just that.

His role is a Harasser/Carry and he can only do one of them at a time, yet he can switch between roles seamlessly. Let me explain each of his roles, and how to perform them.

HARASSER

A harasser is one who deals damage or various effects, without exposing himself/herself to any kind of harm. An example of this is Drow Ranger, with all her skills. One look at her, and you will define her as a carry, and yet she is only one late game. She is a plain harasser early-mid game. Why?

Her Frost Arrows, coupled with her massive range (600) allows her to constantly spam this skill on enemy units, via manual cast, without drawing creep aggro. The enemy will take damage, and especially if the Hero is not a spellcaster/nuker or another ranged Hero, that Hero will most likely back away as not to take more damage, leaving Drow Ranger alone with a cheap shot.

Sandata is like that. With Heaven's Tear's massive range, he can pick off any enemies from afar. This works well with Piercing Arrow, with its Armor reduction. His Ultimate, which allows him to grow more powerful without limit, will support his first two skills.

Heaven's Tear depends on distance traveled, but not much. He can keep using this skill over and over again, without fear of taking any damage from any enemies. That is the role of a harasser.

CARRY

A carry is one who carries a team to victory, thus the name. Most carries are AGI Heroes, if not all. Let's take a look at Drow Ranger once again. She is a potential carry, if given the right items. The transition from harasser to carry is a big one, as she cannot harass anymore because her enemies will have items to back them up.

What defines her as a carry is not her skills alone, but her items. She depends heavily on items, especially Tier 4 AGI Items such as The Butterfly. With items such as this, she can perform the role of a carry.

She will be able to do massive damage in a short span of time to enemy Heroes. Like Sandata.

His Ultimate alone makes him item-independent. He doesn't need any items to function well. But if he does in fact, get items, with excessive farming skills from his first and second skills, he will be an unstoppable carry in the right hands.

His damage alone is enough to wipe out most enemy teams, up close. Now can you see the transition?

His role from a harasser will switch to a carry late game. Late game, he doesn't need all that sniping jazz. He can just waltz in and perform a Triple Kill. Some of you might say that this is IMBA, but in fact it's not. It's his time to shine, whereas the STR and INT Heroes had their time, which was early and middle game. INT Heroes were supposed to be unstoppable early game, and STR Heroes are near-impossible to be killed midgame. AGI Heroes will take over late game instead.

He won't harass anymore with his second skill, and his first skill's armor reduction is not nearly enough late game. That's where his Ultimate and third skill comes into play.

Now, you might ask, why does the third skill slow? It doesn't synergize at all!

It helps him position his attacks well. It also helps his teammates and not only himself. Only two of his skills help him solely, and the other two (first and third) will help others as well.

Sandata is not a chaser at all. He is a well-defined harasser and carry hybrid.

HERO INFORMATION

Affiliation: Sentinel
Role: Harasser Carry
Theme: Norse Centaur Archer

IPB Image

Sandata, Centaur Archer

HERO ABILITIES

IPB Image

Piercing Arrow (W)

Fires an armor-piercing arrow that shreds armor from enemies. Explodes in a 600 AoE dealing 15 damage per armor shredded. Armor reduction lasts 10 seconds.

Level 1 - Shreds 2 Armor.
Level 2 - Shreds 3 Armor.
Level 3 - Shreds 4 Armor.
Level 4 - Shreds 5 Armor.

This skill is meant for reducing armor. What happens here is that you fire an arrow in the same way you fire an Elune's Arrow. That arrow will pass through enemies and shred armor (reducing and collecting it) and once it reaches it's target location or maximum range, it explodes, dealing physical damage in a 600 AoE.

Fun Fact: Arrows do not travel in a straight line, but they wobble. So the splitting of an arrow shot you always hear is definitely not true. Go Mythbusters.

Ability Type: Active Location Targeting
Targeting Type: AoE Reticle
Range: 1200
Area of Effect: 600
Missile Speed: Elune's Arrow
Arrow Vision: 600
Damage Type: Physical

Cooldown: 6 seconds
Mana Cost: 60 mana

IPB Image

Heaven's Tear (R.)

Fires an overhead arrow at a massive range. Deals 100 physical damage and bonus damage in a 100 AoE according to 25% of the distance traveled to non-neutral enemy units. Range improves per level.

Note: This does not affect neutral creeps. If you're complaining about having to use this while neutral creeping, you wouldn't deal that much damage up close anyway.

Level 1 - Cap of 200 physical damage with a range of 1000.
Level 2 - Cap of 300 physical damage with a range of 1250.
Level 3 - Cap of 400 physical damage with a range of 1500.
Level 4 - Cap of 500 physical damage with a range of 1750.

The mechanics of the skill, you fire an arrow overhead (like Tiny tossing someone) unlike the straight one (Elune's Arrow). When the arrow lands on the target location, it affects about 100 AoE and deals physical damage.

The arrow is incredibly easy to juke and avoid. Remember it's AoE is only 100! That's like, a Melee Hero's range. So small. This takes quite a lot of skill to hit, and the benefits are pretty good. You can help someone in need if you can predict where they'll be. Since the arrow vision is 100, you can't really use this skill to scout.

Fun Fact: A longbow is roughly as tall as the archer who uses it, and is mainly the weapon of choice during the Middle Ages due to its vast range.

Ability Type: Active Location Targeting
Targeting Type: AoE Reticle
Range: 1000/1250/1500/1750
Area of Effect: 100
Missile Speed: 1250
Arrow Vision: 100
Damage Type: Physical

Cooldown: 3 seconds
Mana Cost: 35

IPB Image

Yggdrasil's Sap (D)

Fires an arrow tainted with Yggdrasil's sap which slows a target's movement speed and reduces Armor for every 200 units walked. Lasts 7 seconds.

Level 1 - 3% slow, -1 Armor.
Level 2 - 6% slow, -1 Armor.
Level 3 - 9% slow, -2 Armor.
Level 4 - 12% slow, -2 Armor.

The skill works by increasing the slow for every 200 units walked. This deals no damage. If you walked 200 units since you were hit, you are slowed by 12% at Level 4. If you walk 200 units more, you are slowed again by 12% adding up to 24% and so on.

It also reduces Armor by a bit.

Fun Fact: Yggdrasil is the World Tree located at the center of the universe in Norse mythology. Yggdrasil is also said to be the source of honeydew that falls to the earth and from which bees feed. Yggdrasil is also central in the myth of Ragnarök, the end of the world. The only two humans to survive Ragnarök (there are some survivors among the gods), Lif and Lifthrasir, are able to escape by sheltering in the branches of Yggdrasil, where they feed on the dew and are protected by the tree. Go Wikipedia.

Ability Type: Active Unit Targeting
Targeting Type: AoE Cursor
Range: 1000
Area of Effect: 0
Missile Speed: 1250
Arrow Vision: 100
Damage Type: None

Cooldown: 15 seconds
Mana Cost: 90 mana

IPB Image

Enforce (E)

The bow of Yggdrasil grows only stronger as it is used. Each skill used increases AGI temporarily. 75 AGI cap. Each charge lasts 30 seconds.

Level 1 - Increases AGI by 2.
Level 2 - Increases AGI by 3.
Level 3 - Increases AGI by 4.

If you use a skill, you increase your AGI by 2/3/4, which increases your damage and attack speed.

Each additional AGI lasts for only 30 seconds, and will be removed after (not all, one by one).

Simple, yet really effective.

This is much more effective early-mid game, whereas late game you'll need the help of items, which keeps your pace up. Some of you might argue that this is IMBA, but after 30 seconds, he'll have to keep using his skills, or bust.

Ability Type: Passive Offensive Self-buff
Targeting Type: None
Range: 0
Area of Effect: 0
Missile Speed: None
Arrow Vision: None
Damage Type: None

Cooldown: N/A
Mana Cost: N/A

SKILLSET SYNERGY

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Early Game:

IPB Image + IPB Image
Good AoE Armor reduction if placed well from afar. Burst damage with Heaven's Tear.

IPB Image + IPB Image + IPB Image
Keep using these skills to help increase your AGI. Sap's cooldown doesn't let it to be spammable.

Middle Game:

IPB Image + IPB Image
Still good enough for some big damage.

IPB Image + IPB Image + IPB Image
This is where this combo shines most. Keep using Heaven's Tear so that you'll have even more damage.

Late Game:

IPB Image + IPB Image
This is the only combo you'll use late game, because you'll probably have great AGI items by then, and you won't have to battle from a distance.

IPB Image + IPB Image
Of course, you can still keep your AGI up with this combo, but you'll use time.

HERO SYNERGY

Stunners and Disablers
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
These should help you effectively use your skills.

Slowers
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
These will help you increase the slow, by like a lot.

DPS Heroes
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
These Heroes will likely scare the shit out of a Hero to make them move. Or can take them out while they're slowed.

ITEM SYNERGY

IPB Image
Probable use to keep up Enforce.
IPB Image
But the map control from this is also viable. So many choices.
IPB Image
Sange and Yasha would be one of his core items.
IPB Image
IAS and mana regen makes this item a decent choice if you're aiming to keep Tears falling.
IPB Image
IAS is the reason for this item. -Armor from this and Pierce should be sweet.
IPB Image
Everybody loves stacking -Armor.

With this Hero, you can get your AGI gain from the Ultimate. A High AGI gain items are not really needed, and thus opens more items for the Hero.

TEST MAPS AND SCREENSHOTS

About the NEW test map - Info and Inconsistencies
  • Numbers with first, second and fourth skills.
New Map by cezar_sl: Sandata

Thanks for reading. I'd appreciate some kind of feedback, too!

Edited by Thoth-, 03 May 2009 - 03:05 AM.

#2 Torchic Maniac

Torchic Maniac

Forum Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5803 posts
  • Interests:Due to my large inactivity in IMs, please PM me before trying to IM me. I prefer if you use MSN Messenger in order to IM me. <br /><br /><br />What interests me:<br /><br />Pokemon<br />Digimon <br />Sailor Moon<br />Kirby<br />Billy Hatcher<br />Cute stuff
  • Bnet Name:bigbadpikachu
  • Bnet Realm:Azeroth
  • Potential:AR

Posted 22 June 2008 - 07:54 PM

Just to let you know that your post is a bit messy and doesn't contain any skills yet.

#3 Thoth-

Thoth-

Imbalanced Judge

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2945 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 07:56 PM

I know. Forums are buggy. Doesn't let me post all at once. I'm trying to figure it out. It says, the page you are viewing blah blah when I post. smile.gif

#4 flying banana

flying banana

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Bnet Name:Flying_Banana
  • Bnet Realm:Lordaeron

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:32 PM

Excuse me where is the testmap again?

#5 Thoth-

Thoth-

Imbalanced Judge

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2945 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:49 AM

It's in the Heroes in Progress thread in my sig. Right now it doesn't let moe post my Hero at all! Any help?

#6 Thoth-

Thoth-

Imbalanced Judge

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2945 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:11 PM

Finally, the forums work and I got it posted. Thanks for all the T-ups.

#7 Lord_Talron

Lord_Talron

Silence is golden, until it screams.

• Forum Contributors
  • 2030 posts
  • Bnet Name:Lord_Talron, BackinBlack

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:42 PM

still think this is a good hero. miss that entangle spell tho =(

#8 Kira`

Kira`

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Bnet Name:Dragonian Clan
  • Bnet Realm:none

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:54 PM

Review per request smile.gif

story: Bradwarden's son? don't know that Bradwarden married, he didn't invite me tongue.gif hahaha just a joke, the story is interesting, I like it

stats: Average AGI with STR support, good. But the att range, maybe 550 or 600 is better, but it doesn't really matter

skill 1: Shred armor here means reducing armor or just collecting the numbers? please explain, and if reducing, how long is the duration?

skill 2: 1250 speed........I don't really understand, too fast? can you explain it to me with example? because if it's too fast then the skill will be not avoidable anymore

skill 3: delayed slow, distance based, good concept biggrin.gif

ulti: why passive? so it's automatically and instantly reset when duration ends? It's simple but yet very powerful, 1 AGI per 2 shots and 3 AGI per spell, in lvl 3 with good items, it's very possible that you'll get +50 AGI or more (Drow only +30 in ulti lv 3).
Maybe give it slight cooldown, around 10-15 seconds, more balance for me. But please explain your calculation so I understand why you make it passive

Overall: Concept is good, only skill 2 that offers something new, the others are decent. Anyway please answer my questions above and I'll vote. Don't worry, I like the concept so now is 55% T-Up, waiting for explanations

Other: have you check my hero Rivanna Hawkeye, the Sky Huntress (on my sig)?? She will be a very very good ally with Sandata so maybe you want to visit her

#9 AT_korvus

AT_korvus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, heavy metal (NOT an elitist)<br /><br />Not necessarily in that order.
  • Bnet Name:DeVil

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:00 AM

Everything else seems pretty well threshed out, excellent hero, but my concern is the Ult, specifically the numbers, but then its all about the concept, so T-UP

~Can you have a look at my hero?

#10 Crinaya

Crinaya

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Bnet Name:-

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:30 PM

I like this hero, but I too am concerned when it comes to the ultimate.  The way that I read it, each Agi bonus lasts 30/45/60 seconds from when the arrow was shot or the skill used...  This leads to a ridiculous bonus that you can easily maintain, and actually gets better if you never stop firing.  Of course, there's only so many targets to keep shooting at, but still, this is going to require very fine balancing.  

Personally, I'd rather see a higher bonus and a much shorter duration.

Holding vote until I see where the ultimate goes, but leaning towards thumbs up.

#11 swer_tert

swer_tert

get behind me satan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1003 posts
  • Bnet Name:swer_tert
  • Bnet Realm:Northrend

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:49 AM

bump! why isn't this hero still in dota??? biggrin.gif

#12 ninjarrr

ninjarrr

Willing to help.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1765 posts
  • Interests:http://www.vimeo.com/1211060
  • Bnet Name:ninjarr

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:57 AM

Just a few questions about mechanics (so I can update the map when I get a chance).  Not asking about balance or anything, just making sure that I fully understand everything.

Piercing Arrow no longer has a unit-pierced cap and only explodes where you click/at the end of its path?  Maximum of 400 physical damage?

Heaven's Tear no longer splits damage on the units in the AoE?  Maximum of 400 physical damage?  No maximum?  Maximum of distance traveled damage?

#13 JumboCactaur

JumboCactaur

I could go on and on and on, but who cares

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1381 posts
  • Bnet Name:Drebin
  • Potential:G

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:42 AM

I already did a  tup.gif on first post, so heres your new  tup.gif  from me.

Also, I just noticed how well the 3rd skill brings this hero together.

#14 Thoth-

Thoth-

Imbalanced Judge

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2945 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:54 AM

Exams are this week, I haven't been able to go here in a while.

QUOTE(Lord_Talron @ Jun 29 2008, 02:42 PM) View Post

still think this is a good hero. miss that entangle spell tho =(

It was kind of anti-synergetic.

QUOTE(Kira` @ Jun 30 2008, 02:54 PM) View Post

Review per request smile.gif

story: Bradwarden's son? don't know that Bradwarden married, he didn't invite me tongue.gif hahaha just a joke, the story is interesting, I like it

stats: Average AGI with STR support, good. But the att range, maybe 550 or 600 is better, but it doesn't really matter

skill 1: Shred armor here means reducing armor or just collecting the numbers? please explain, and if reducing, how long is the duration?

skill 2: 1250 speed........I don't really understand, too fast? can you explain it to me with example? because if it's too fast then the skill will be not avoidable anymore

skill 3: delayed slow, distance based, good concept biggrin.gif

ulti: why passive? so it's automatically and instantly reset when duration ends? It's simple but yet very powerful, 1 AGI per 2 shots and 3 AGI per spell, in lvl 3 with good items, it's very possible that you'll get +50 AGI or more (Drow only +30 in ulti lv 3).
Maybe give it slight cooldown, around 10-15 seconds, more balance for me. But please explain your calculation so I understand why you make it passive

Overall: Concept is good, only skill 2 that offers something new, the others are decent. Anyway please answer my questions above and I'll vote. Don't worry, I like the concept so now is 55% T-Up, waiting for explanations

Other: have you check my hero Rivanna Hawkeye, the Sky Huntress (on my sig)?? She will be a very very good ally with Sandata so maybe you want to visit her

Um. The ultimate is passive because, as ninjarr stated somewhere in my closed HiP thread, it will maintain the constant shooting motif. Each shot will have a timer of X seconds, and once that timer ends, only that specific shot/AGI gain will end. If you stop shooting, after a few seconds, all of it will be gone.

Still, to gain that much AGI, you'll have to keep shooting, but you need enemies to shoot. To maintain that number, you can SPAM Heaven's Tear but I guess that'll be a bit stupid. Making it active, you'll only have a limited amount of time to shoot, whereas with a passive you can keep shooting all you want, which defines the Hero.

About the 1250 missile speed, look at Drow's shots. It has that speed. Try out the map if you want to see it in action.

Lastly, about the Piercing Arrow, shredding also means reducing. Lasts 10 seconds perhaps?

QUOTE(AT_korvus @ Jun 30 2008, 08:00 PM) View Post

Everything else seems pretty well threshed out, excellent hero, but my concern is the Ult, specifically the numbers, but then its all about the concept, so T-UP

~Can you have a look at my hero?

Maybe a simple nerf to the gains, or the duration.

QUOTE(Crinaya @ Jul 1 2008, 05:30 AM) View Post

I like this hero, but I too am concerned when it comes to the ultimate.  The way that I read it, each Agi bonus lasts 30/45/60 seconds from when the arrow was shot or the skill used...  This leads to a ridiculous bonus that you can easily maintain, and actually gets better if you never stop firing.  Of course, there's only so many targets to keep shooting at, but still, this is going to require very fine balancing.  

Personally, I'd rather see a higher bonus and a much shorter duration.

Holding vote until I see where the ultimate goes, but leaning towards thumbs up.

Hm, I'd rather this much bonus, with a shorter duration. Then it'll be less IMBA. It's IMBA as it is now, and the way you suggest it, (up damage = down duration) retains it's current state.

QUOTE(swer_tert @ Jul 1 2008, 05:49 PM) View Post

bump! why isn't this hero still in dota??? biggrin.gif

I have no idea.

QUOTE(ninjarrr @ Jul 1 2008, 11:57 PM) View Post

Just a few questions about mechanics (so I can update the map when I get a chance).  Not asking about balance or anything, just making sure that I fully understand everything.

Piercing Arrow no longer has a unit-pierced cap and only explodes where you click/at the end of its path?  Maximum of 400 physical damage?

Heaven's Tear no longer splits damage on the units in the AoE?  Maximum of 400 physical damage?  No maximum?  Maximum of distance traveled damage?

@ Piercing Arrow: Correct. tongue.gif I had a complaint by beer that the descriptions were too long. Sometime, when the map is done, I'll copy the descriptions there, to here.

@Heaven's Tear: I think it shouldn't split anymore, since the AoE is 100, and I'm pretty sure in the real game, you can prevent this being cast at Neutral Creep Camps. Max 500 physical damage. No max distance travelled (range is already the max).

QUOTE(JumboCactaur @ Jul 2 2008, 03:42 AM) View Post

I already did a  tup.gif on first post, so heres your new  tup.gif  from me.

Also, I just noticed how well the 3rd skill brings this hero together.

Thanks for that.

I've changed Ultimate numbers.

Edited by NNCCMMLL, 02 July 2008 - 01:56 AM.

#15 JumboCactaur

JumboCactaur

I could go on and on and on, but who cares

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1381 posts
  • Bnet Name:Drebin
  • Potential:G

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:02 AM

Yeah, I noticed the changes, but when I started the reply, I was low on time and wanted to give you the vote.

#16 Ma_Da_Ra

Ma_Da_Ra

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:puB stOmping =D
  • Bnet Name:Ma_Da_Ra

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:45 PM

great hero.  tup.gif  - nuff said

#17 Elementalism

Elementalism

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Bnet Name:Elementalism

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:06 AM

Already reviewed this in the last post. I actually don't like this new ultimate much at all, and I worry that it could become way too strong. I also miss the entangle arrow thing, but oh well.

Still a strong concept however, so T-Up!

~Elementalism~

Edited by Elementalism, 03 July 2008 - 12:06 AM.

#18 nupraptor

nupraptor

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Bnet Name:Super Twins

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:22 AM

SOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!

#19 Thoth-

Thoth-

Imbalanced Judge

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2945 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE(JumboCactaur @ Jul 3 2008, 02:02 AM) View Post

Yeah, I noticed the changes, but when I started the reply, I was low on time and wanted to give you the vote.

That's fine. By the way, when I said "Changed Ultimate numbers." I didn't exactly address it to you specifically, but to everyone concerned.

QUOTE(Ma_Da_Ra @ Jul 3 2008, 03:45 PM) View Post

great hero.  tup.gif  - nuff said

Thanks for the support fellow Pinoy.

QUOTE(Elementalism @ Jul 3 2008, 04:06 PM) View Post

Already reviewed this in the last post. I actually don't like this new ultimate much at all, and I worry that it could become way too strong. I also miss the entangle arrow thing, but oh well.

Still a strong concept however, so T-Up!

~Elementalism~

I actually liked that as well, although the Bifrost Arrow didn't exactly promote the rain of arrows concept by the new suggestion. Thanks again.

QUOTE(nupraptor @ Jul 3 2008, 04:22 PM) View Post

SOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!

Um, what?

#20 Zasz

Zasz

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Bnet Name:daggoth

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:48 AM

Is it me or you didn't indicate it's primary attribute? Anyway its most probably agility so;

Model: Nice model for a slower carry.

Skillset:

IPB Image

Neat idea. However it should have a big armor shredding AoE instead of shredding armor of only the creatures it penetrates, because you won't really have much chances in game where you have your opponent at 1200-400 = 800 range and several units in the same row.

Other than that, good skill in a mid-solo situation as a harassment tool. But when chasing an enemy it's pretty useless other than it's armor reduction effect since you won't be far enough for the explosion to hit your enemy, and armor reduction only seems not enough late game. I think you should consider adding it a certain amount of damage reduction too.

All in all it fits the theme and role.

IPB Image

Resembling Impetus, there. Another skill that should be used at range, so it can be used as combo with first skill and another harassment tool. The downside however, you have only 2 slots left and you already have no advantages for chasing and close combat. So we have a hero now that can farm on a solo lane well, and nuke from distance. But not as good as a chaser and doesn't want to be caught inside a group fight.

Let's move on:

IPB Image

A slowing skill? Bad idea. Slow means chasing and getting into close combat: bad for Sandata. Not to mention it has a lower range than Piercing Arrow, so if you use PA beforehand your enemy will run away before you can sap it. Conflict of synergy here, with this skill and others. Also conflict with hero playing style.

IPB Image

This is a perfect example of how a passive ulti should be. Good for heroes that chase their enemy and beat the shit out of them.

Now, when I look at this hero as a whole:

I found the first two skills and the last two not in harmony. So you should choose one pair and make the other two fit to them.

I say you change first skill to be an autocastable skill like Searing Arrows, with shorter range. Autocastable arrows are good for Orbwalking and work incredibly well for Carry heroes. Also with this change, the armor reduction will exist as long as you keep firing it, so aiming at a fragile enemy in a group fight is both tactical and devastating to the enemy heroes that stay between you and your enemy (especially if they focus attack on you). If you change this skill in this way, i think you should also add an impact damage to the units that are caught between too.

About the second skill; if you do make the change above, keep this skill as it is. Sandata already have 3 good chasing and carry skills so he needs his last skill to be for finishing or combat entrance. It will be a good threat for your opponent in lane, making them unable to receive xp when they are low in hp because their life is at stake.

Edited by Zasz, 11 July 2008 - 01:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users