[CLOSED][Skill]Spell Shield -> Antimagic Field

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

Poll: Antimagic Field (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Will this change of skill make Antimage a viable pick without making him overpowered?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 theGnome

theGnome

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Bnet Name:theGnome
  • Bnet Realm:none

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:19 AM

OLD SKILL:

IPB Image
Spell Shield

Magina channels a powerful warding magic, damping the negative effects of spells.

Level 1 - Reduces magic damage by 10%.
Level 2 - Reduces magic damage by 20%.
Level 3 - Reduces magic damage by 30%.
Level 4 - Reduces magic damage by 40%.

Passive

NEW SKILL:

IPB Image
Antimagic Field

Magina creates a field around himself that disrupts the flow of magic. Enemies can't cast spells while close to Magina and spells have weaker effect on him.

Level 1 - Reduces magic damage by 5%, 100 AOE.
Level 2 - Reduces magic damage by 10%, 150 AOE.
Level 3 - Reduces magic damage by 15%, 200 AOE.
Level 4 - Reduces magic damage by 20%, 250 AOE.

Passive

Explanation:

Magina has an effect similar to Riki's Smoke Screen that only silences and travels with him.

AOE of this is should be small, and 250AOE at level four seems to be decent. Since this is fairly powerful by itself I'm not sure if it should also grant magic resistance but I'm not fond of Magina loosing that.

With this change all three of Magina's basic skills become realy powerful and useful in early game, so there would be much harder to decide which skills go first. (Instead of Mana Break + Blink always first.)

With his Blink he can position himself easily next to most dangerous caster, which is unable to disable as long Magina is near him. This is undoubtedly very strong but i think it's what lacks Magina to be a serious pick against lots of heroes and it fits it's theme of being an anti-caster hero.

#2 rabid_badger

rabid_badger

PURE INNOVATION

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2034 posts
  • Bnet Name:rabid_badger
  • Bnet Realm:Northrend

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:17 AM

i personally like the concept but it is way to imbalanced against any combo oriented lineup and will force the meta game even further into the fucking lategame phase of the game and that is just too boring.

#3 Quibs

Quibs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:chasing poodles with knifes
  • Bnet Name:Quibs

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:12 AM

this is a MUCH more interesting concept than just plain magic resistance.

However with his high MS and the considerable AOE certain heroes will be rendered useless. For example a Lion, Lina, Zeus etc. These heroes have lower movespeed than him and rely on their nukes/disables to overpower/escape from him. He'll be able to run alongside them whacking them while they are unable to respond in any way (apart from using items).
So i suggest reducing the numbers on the passive AOE silence from 100/150/200/250 to 75/100/125/150. This way by performing a juke of some sort these slow casters would be able to slip out of the silence's radius and cast their stuff.

t up though for concept.

#4 OmgDrow

OmgDrow

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Bnet Name:OmgDrow
  • Potential:CR

Posted 25 August 2008 - 11:47 AM

So i suggest reducing the numbers on the passive AOE silence from 100/150/200/250 to 75/100/125/150. This way by performing a juke of some sort these slow casters would be able to slip out of the silence's radius and cast their stuff.

Note that 150 range is Lucifer's attack range (melee) so it wouldn't help magina much imo smile.gif
The concept is imbalanced imo. I would like to see any form of a test map to prove me wrong.

No vote!

#5 vertigo12

vertigo12

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1869 posts
  • Interests:Play DotA
  • Bnet Name:nox
  • Potential:C

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:33 PM

how about make it something like kraken shell that it activates whenever enemies cast a spell like say every 30/25/20/15 seconds and lasts 3/6/9/12 seconds within 250 AoE?

#6 BrokenSpear

BrokenSpear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Bnet Name:No.Limit
  • Bnet Realm:Azeroth

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:54 PM

I like it, much more exciting than the original. The numbers do need a little tweaking, maybe lower the aoe to around 200 and buff the spell resistance a lil, but overall a t-up for concept.

tup.gif

#7 Trolt

Trolt

MTGWarcraft

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1944 posts
  • Interests:rd604lc
  • Bnet Name:WuHT
  • Potential:R

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:02 PM

It would be fine on a hero like rhasta or visage.

But on a 320 ms BLINKER ?  This would be insanely overpowered.  Can't stop him from silencing you, and nearly impossible to catch.

#8 Quibs

Quibs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:chasing poodles with knifes
  • Bnet Name:Quibs

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE(Trolt @ Aug 25 2008, 07:02 PM) View Post

It would be fine on a hero like rhasta or visage.

But on a 320 ms BLINKER ?  This would be insanely overpowered.  Can't stop him from silencing you, and nearly impossible to catch.

He can be rebalanced through nerfings of other things, because I think this remake is really very interesting in concept and should be held on to.
And yah I knew 150 range was just a little more than melee attack range, but it shouldn't be larger or it'll just be too overpowered. By running  right next to an enemy he/she will be permanently silenced.
Ay, one thing i just noticed. Pudge won't be able to Dismember as he'll be silenced as soon as he gets in range to cast it. This would also apply to Black Hole. In fact AM will be able to silence all channeling spells just by running past.
lol.... this might not work.

Edited by Quibs, 25 August 2008 - 07:00 PM.

#9 Torchic Maniac

Torchic Maniac

Forum Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5803 posts
  • Interests:Due to my large inactivity in IMs, please PM me before trying to IM me. I prefer if you use MSN Messenger in order to IM me. <br /><br /><br />What interests me:<br /><br />Pokemon<br />Digimon <br />Sailor Moon<br />Kirby<br />Billy Hatcher<br />Cute stuff
  • Bnet Name:bigbadpikachu
  • Potential:AR

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:57 PM

The hero will have to be completely remake in order to have a skill like this.  This can easily be an ultimate if you are talking about permasilence a foe at near melee range.  The concept is interesting, but not in this form.  If you remake more of the hero's skills so he isn't so fast and mobile then I think the skill will have more chance of being accepted.  

But not in this form.   td.gif

#10 DSveno

DSveno

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Bnet Name:DSveno
  • Potential:A

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:15 PM

Like others said, it's imbalance with a hero with blink skill.

He's fast, he has blink, he has mana burn. No way I'm agree on giving him this buff.

T-down, sorry.

#11 SpiritOfNoobs

SpiritOfNoobs

Trysaeder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1775 posts
  • Interests:Mechanics
  • Bnet Name:None

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:19 AM

Perma silence. Great. That is like lastword triggering every second.

T-down.

#12 GreatOnee

GreatOnee

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Bnet Name:Great One

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:54 AM

Why not instead of perma silence, make it so that silence activates when he receives spell damage, or after some time in or in short intervals or something.Pretty interesting concept

#13 teng)

teng)

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Bnet Name:teng)
  • Bnet Realm:Lordaeron

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:35 AM

Frankly, just replace Spell Shield with Storm Spirit's Barrier.
And find a new skill for Storm Spirit, or just share the same skill, since there are some other skills same too. (eg. Frost Nova, Stun, WW, Blink, Blink Strike, Shadow Strike etc)

#14 PareDagger

PareDagger

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Bnet Name:PareDagger

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:12 AM

Ok,the Spell Shield right now is simple.But this is just imba!Magina will become even more powerful and would pawn more heads.Not even he has blink but he will have a permanent AoE silence!

The idea is good.But it is not balanced.

Edited by PareDagger, 26 August 2008 - 06:13 AM.

#15 ZippoLag

ZippoLag

hypnotizing the mezmerized

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:I'm a geekish, dota-holic Information Systems Engineering student from Argentina who is currently learning Japanese and becoming more and more proficient with a shinai.
  • Bnet Name:ZippoLag

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:19 AM

Hahaha, awesome.
Tho it is true than for applying this the whole hero could have to be remade and the current state of the suggesstion is totally imbalanced, I love the concept, and for that I'll tup.gif.

Edit: I've T-upped even tho the question in the poll is just wrong, there's no way he could be considered balanced with this skill on this state, be careful with that in the future.

Edited by ZippoLag, 26 August 2008 - 06:23 AM.

#16 theGnome

theGnome

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Bnet Name:theGnome

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:53 AM

@ZippoLag: No,the question is ok, as it isn's referd to actual numbers.

Franky, the idea of permanent silence around small raidus of a ms320 blinker did shout imba from the start but I posted it anyway because it is a place to start.

If AOE of this spell was lets say 100/120/140/160, would it then be ok?

Or maybe this skill should be changed to an active ability that gives AOE silence around Magina for few seconds? (this should be made into new post, right?)

#17 Trolt

Trolt

MTGWarcraft

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1944 posts
  • Interests:rd604lc
  • Bnet Name:WuHT

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE(Quibs @ Aug 25 2008, 06:56 PM) View Post

He can be rebalanced through nerfings of other things, because I think this remake is really very interesting in concept and should be held on to.
And yah I knew 150 range was just a little more than melee attack range, but it shouldn't be larger or it'll just be too overpowered. By running  right next to an enemy he/she will be permanently silenced.
Ay, one thing i just noticed. Pudge won't be able to Dismember as he'll be silenced as soon as he gets in range to cast it. This would also apply to Black Hole. In fact AM will be able to silence all channeling spells just by running past.
lol.... this might not work.

The older silencer had an ability where it placed a silence buff on you on EVERY attack.  Whoever he is focusing on, gets silenced.  While silencer had his 600 range back then, you have an AoE effect, which will probably occur even if AM is disabled.  

This buff cannot fit on anything remotely like the current AM, and if u really needed to silence a bunch of enemies, a BKB will probably suffice.

#18 hardcore_roy

hardcore_roy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Bnet Name:Lee_Roy

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:47 AM

I wouldn't give it a silence.
Just give it a mana degeneration aura in 150-250 AoE with 200/400/600/800% degeneration. Plus the 5/10/15/20% magic resistance.
Also a nice animation like Medusas Mana Shield would be nice.

Edited by hardcore_roy, 27 August 2008 - 12:48 AM.

#19 Cigaro

Cigaro

Zorn Gottes

• Community Elder
  • 6316 posts
  • Interests:DotA
  • Bnet Name:Cigaro

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:12 AM

Thread starter: At this point, your suggestion has either received less than 60% positive votes or will not be able to reach that ratio at a total of 15 votes. Seeing as how this rating is a reflection of the community's opinion regarding the viability of your suggestion, I'm afraid this particular proposal isn't quite ready for DotA yet. If you belive this idea is worth a second chance, I advise you to rethink it as a whole. Reposting it without fundamental modifications would serve little if any purpose - it will just be as badly received by the community as this one has. Anyhow, good luck with your future suggestions!

Topic closed.

Reference links:
Remake Suggestions Forum Rules

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users