TheMaelk

Enthusiast

• Forum Contributors
  • 685 posts
  • Interests:DotA
  • Bnet Name:Maelk
  • Bnet Realm:Northrend

Posted 24 July 2008 - 05:59 AM

MYM might need help moving from A to B, A being San Diego and B being San José, since we are all idiot savants in the world outside of our screen.

I heard taking a train is easy?

Also, whatever happened to the joint hotel thread? Are teams suppose to figure out something on their own?

#2 JinFX

JinFX

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Bnet Name:Mango.Ngazi
  • Bnet Realm:Lordaeron

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:10 AM

Taking the train is definitely NOT easy.

#3 gmuzer

gmuzer

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Bnet Name:IMMcLovin
  • Bnet Realm:Azeroth

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:17 AM

yo maelk I'm arriving on san jose day 23 and going to San diego right away to look for smth there then i will come back to san jose few hours later if u wanna go with me find me on irc
laterz,
IMMcLovin.

Edited by gmuzer, 24 July 2008 - 06:18 AM.

#4 WolfPackHockey

WolfPackHockey

Enthusiast

• Forum Contributors
  • 1250 posts
  • Bnet Name:DarkFire_

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:26 AM

MYM is going to be participating in ESWC?

#5 a2Whisperwind

a2Whisperwind

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Bnet Name:EG.Whisper

Posted 24 July 2008 - 08:19 PM

I think train may be the best option. I'll be making the trip myself, so I'll keep you posted.

#6 TheMirror

TheMirror

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Bnet Name:MiRRoR.

Posted 24 July 2008 - 08:41 PM

I think were taking a train as well.

#7 TheMaelk

TheMaelk

Enthusiast

• Forum Contributors
  • 685 posts
  • Interests:DotA
  • Bnet Name:Maelk
  • Bnet Realm:Northrend

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:58 PM

Okay okay, so what date do you recommend we (danish people) go to San Diego in order to be well rested without any jet lag?

And any information on hotels near by???

#8 Chouji_

Chouji_

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Bnet Name:hi2u.Chouji

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:20 PM

Hi Maelk,

My home is about 35 minutes away from the San Jose ESWC (I go there often)

and

My college residence is about 2 minutes away from the San Diego Fire & Ice (It is in a shopping mall area, literally I walk there to shop)

I won't be going to ESWC since x6 didn't qualify but my best advice is SJ airport to SD airport, Southwest Airlines. (www.Southwest.com)

If your sponsor books the tickets early (i.e. within this week probably) its about $130-140 dollars round trip per person(train is about $95-100)

SJ airport to ESWC is very close, about 10 minutes ride.
SD airport to Fire & Ice Lan is about 15 minutes ride.

I recommend plane because it is only a little more expensive but it is only 1:15 minute flight, whereas a train will take you well over 6 hours.

Hotels for Fire & Ice, there are several hotels within a mile or two from the event. I would recommend the Sheraton as it is pretty cheap (and not too shady), if your sponsor's budget is high there is also a Hyatt Regency.

Oh and if you get jet lag from 1:15 flight you should kill yourself  tongue.gif One full day of beach should be fine...for jet lag anyways..San Diego weather is perfect (65-80 degrees)
(Oh Denmark...well thats completely objective since someone who flies airplanes alot (like me) hardly gets any jet lag for anything less then 16 hour flights, whereas if you don't fly often it could take 2-3 days for people even in their prime age...18-23)

x6 will be attending the lan but i think they might just be crashing at my house (alot of my roommates are out for the summer)

if you want any help, because I really don't check these forums that often and it was just random that I saw your post...email me at esung@ucsd.edu

Good Luck,

x6.Chouji  ninja.gif

Edited by Chouji_, 24 July 2008 - 10:41 PM.

#9 DontKillMePlz

DontKillMePlz

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Bnet Name:Durty

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:31 PM

chouji i think he means jetlag from denmark time difference

anyways jacob. this is Steve.. and just a heads up. if you decide to hitchhike. in america its curteous for you to give "something" back to the driver. Pucker those lips jacob.

i meant a thank you. you sick pervs

#10 desRow

desRow

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Music, Dota, Movies!
  • Bnet Name:desRow

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:19 PM

I recommand you train or car drive, were landing in san franscico on 19, takin train to san diego. on 23, were goin back to san jose, were renting a car, for 7 person, train ride cost 400$(57$ a person) while plane cost 700-800$(100$ a person), renting a car for a day with gas is around 150$,

#11 a2Whisperwind

a2Whisperwind

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Bnet Name:EG.Whisper

Posted 25 July 2008 - 05:02 AM

Keep in mind you don't need a roundtrip between San Jose and San Diego. You only need the one way down to San Jose, so trains probably cheaper.

I'll talk to Matt about the hotel some more. Make sure you've posted in the hotel thread if you're interested.

F&I is 20-22 I believe. However, jetlag is going to happen, it's kind of unavoidable. The good news is it won't affect your ESWC performance because 5 days should be enough to adjust. The bad news is, it will affect you at F&I unless you guys are really good at sleeping whenever you want and staying up when you're so sleepy you can't move... unless you plan on arriving at San Diego days before F&I even takes place.

I say plan for a 19th night arrival in the USA, try to get tired on the plane trip and then fall asleep at normal US time. If you depart from Europe night of the 19th over there the plane trip should land you in the US at the night of the 19th in the US (Although it may be longer flight since it's to CA). Also, the first day for F&I will just be check-in and checking out the LAN anyways I believe, so don't worry too much about it.

Renting a car is also a great option if you trust Clinton's driving.

Edited by a2Whisperwind, 25 July 2008 - 05:03 AM.

#12 Bob and a Half

Bob and a Half

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Bnet Name:Flakdot

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:08 AM

Just carry sign that says: "Professional Video Game Players need ride to San Jose" . . . .

I'm sure you'll get a lot of help here in California, lol.

#13 omgbbq

omgbbq

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1119 posts
  • Interests:women
  • Bnet Name:Omgbbq

Posted 28 July 2008 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE(Bob and a Half @ Jul 28 2008, 01:08 PM) View Post

Just carry sign that says: "Professional Video Game Players need ride to San Jose" . . . .

I'm sure you'll get a lot of help here in California, lol.

LOL

#14 d1ngleberries

d1ngleberries

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Bnet Name:d1ngleberries

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:16 PM

nevermind i fail...

Edited by d1ngleberries, 29 January 2009 - 12:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users