Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:DotA!!
  • Bnet Name:kzzrt23
  • Bnet Realm:Northrend

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:12 PM

I have this concept about a hero that has this passive called "SPIRAL EDGE".

What this skill does is that it imparts a debuff that causes a unit to take damage based on how many degrees it has turned (like 0.25 damage per 1 degree or 22.5 damage per 90 degrees).

Is it possible to code that in DotA or Warcraft?  blink.gif

I dont use world editor, or do programming or such...  huh.gif

And so i need help.

And also i dont know wether to post this in mechanics or programmers corner...

Thanks a bunch to those who have answers  smile.gif

#2 Rayzilla

Rayzilla

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Bnet Name:raydude714
  • Bnet Realm:Azeroth

Posted 12 December 2009 - 02:38 PM

Possible.

#3 kzzrt23

kzzrt23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE(Rayzilla @ Dec 13 2009, 06:38 AM) View Post

Possible.

Can you please elaborate on that?

and also is it possible to convert a stun into a spinning disable?
like instead of a 1 second stun it'll be a 360-degree spin over 1 second?
It's my suggestion's synergy i suppose.

#4 Mamma Mu

Mamma Mu

Onin- likes small boys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1300 posts
  • Interests:I'm not gonna write about my interests, because<br />1. I don't have any<br />2. Maybe I have, but why should I share them with you?<br />3. I have a social life which I don't intend to share with some random assholes on the intwerwebz<br />Even thou the climate is changing and we'll never know what's actually happening so it's best to just hope to live long and happily. We're all gonna die one day, most of us will never know how we're gonna die until the actual moment we die unless the person who knew how he/she would die had planned it, thou making it a suicide. As some of you guys might know, there's a 1000 character limit on this little piece of shit and I've only reached 670 so far. Only because I want to reach the limit I'm totally gonna write here until I've exactly reached the limit. For you pedos/stalkers out there, I live in Sweden (northern europe/scandinavia), to be precise in Stockholm which is Sweden's capital. Tbh there are more stuff in Sweden than blonde girls. Unfortunately I haven't
  • Bnet Name: G-Arena: Shjort

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:49 AM

yes, it's possible, just;
check the facing angle, store it and check it x time later to deal damage. That's the most simple way to check it, otherwise you could check whenever a unit is issued an order and if the unit got this buff that deals damage then just deal the damage when the unit moves/changes facing angle

AND it wouldn't look good, a 360 deegre spin over 1 second would look like poop bcuz it's ugly. wtf, he rotates, so?

#5 kzzrt23

kzzrt23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 06:51 PM

the rotating stun wont be just for show, its a synergy with another skill that does damage per degree turned, so combine that with the 360 spin and you got synergy. ill give you a link once its finished

#6 Lozarian

Lozarian

Come with us now on a journey through time and space!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3165 posts
  • Interests:[img]http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm92/Faintshadowe/lozariansig.png[/img]<br /><br />[img]http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh136/yumerequests/jungling2.png[/img]<br /><br />His Overpowered in night!!<br />No one can touch him at night!!<br />Balanar grants :<br /><br />75% IAS<br />35% IMS<br />4 sec slow spell<br />8 sec silence spell<br />40% to miss an attack spell<br /><br />What more do you need than above thing??<br />Just dont stay close to him on night!!
  • Bnet Name:Gee.Loz.Baby radiant.sun ezekiel2517 lozarian
  • Potential:G

Posted 21 December 2009 - 05:25 AM

Rather than making him spin on the spot, which would look utter trash in the wc3 engine, I assume you'd rotate the hero about an axis somewhere offset with, say, some wind looking effects.

#7 Rayzilla

Rayzilla

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:02 PM

That'll just make it worse, it's no longer a stun, it's a pause that moves the units away from melee attackers at a relatively high speed (slow will look massively retarded). This idea needs further work before actual work is done.

#8 kzzrt23

kzzrt23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 06:26 PM

No no, okay heres wha i was planning,

SPIRAL EDGE [passive]

-Target takes damage based on degree turned

HELIX CHARGE [active, targeted]

-deals damage and spins the target on the spot for 0.5 seconds per 360 degrees rotated

see the synergy? can the spin work as a disable?

#9 Rayzilla

Rayzilla

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 07:38 PM

Yes, but we already came to the conclusion that it's a horrible idea to make someone rotate on spot as it'll look retarded.

#10 kzzrt23

kzzrt23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 09:37 PM

even if it just one spin?

#11 Mamma Mu

Mamma Mu

Onin- likes small boys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1300 posts
  • Interests:I'm not gonna write about my interests, because<br />1. I don't have any<br />2. Maybe I have, but why should I share them with you?<br />3. I have a social life which I don't intend to share with some random assholes on the intwerwebz<br />Even thou the climate is changing and we'll never know what's actually happening so it's best to just hope to live long and happily. We're all gonna die one day, most of us will never know how we're gonna die until the actual moment we die unless the person who knew how he/she would die had planned it, thou making it a suicide. As some of you guys might know, there's a 1000 character limit on this little piece of shit and I've only reached 670 so far. Only because I want to reach the limit I'm totally gonna write here until I've exactly reached the limit. For you pedos/stalkers out there, I live in Sweden (northern europe/scandinavia), to be precise in Stockholm which is Sweden's capital. Tbh there are more stuff in Sweden than blonde girls. Unfortunately I haven't

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE(kzzrt23 @ Dec 27 2009, 07:37 AM) View Post

even if it just one spin?

YES
SPIN = SHIT
SHIT = PEOPLE

#12 Rayzilla

Rayzilla

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 01:49 PM

PEOPLE = LIFE
LIFE = SHIT
Math logic at work here.

#13 kzzrt23

kzzrt23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 08:28 PM

Im asking seriously, stop trolling

#14 Rayzilla

Rayzilla

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:06 AM

This is why I find the easiest and simpliest answers like just "Yes" without insightful answers.... even then it fails to work. =/

#15 pezzaperry

pezzaperry

I'm Boxxy ya see?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts
  • Bnet Name:Pezzaperry
  • Bnet Realm:Lordaeron

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:14 AM

Yes

#16 kzzrt23

kzzrt23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:18 AM

Well what counts is that both are possible. I dont need any criticisms or trolled posts. nuff' for me

Edited by kzzrt23, 31 December 2009 - 01:20 AM.

#17 Negi3

Negi3

Untelligentsia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4263 posts
  • Interests:Being an asshole
  • Bnet Name:Prodota.ru
  • Bnet Realm:Lordaeron

Posted 31 December 2009 - 06:05 AM

QUOTE(Mamma Mu @ Dec 14 2009, 09:49 AM) View Post

yes, it's possible, just;
check the facing angle, store it and check it x time later to deal damage.

Basically you want a periodic timer that checks it every 0.01 seconds, compares current angle with last stored angle and apply damage. Still a very poor skill idea IMO.

#18 Mamma Mu

Mamma Mu

Onin- likes small boys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 05:43 PM

dude, seriously your idea sux, go back to brainstorming

#19 Rayzilla

Rayzilla

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts