• PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:DotA!!
  • Bnet Name:kzzrt23
  • Bnet Realm:Northrend

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:19 AM

Skill idea:

Plagiarise [passive/active]

- Gives a chance to completely block and store certain active targeted non-ultimate spells(magic missile, hex, void, malefice etc). Once a spell is stored, Plagiarise will be disabled until the stored spell is used. If the stored spell isn't used in 25 seconds, the spell will backfire, causing the hero to lose mana equal to the manacost of the spell.

Lv1: 5% chance
Lv2: 10% chance
Lv3: 15% chance
Lv4: 20% chance

The stored spell's mana cost and level will be equal to the spell used.
Linken's Sphere spellblock checks first.

I changed the how the backfire works okay? He loses mana insterad of getting stuned or whatever. i figured thatll be very hard for pragrammers.

Edited by kzzrt23, 03 January 2010 - 06:16 AM.

#2 Mamma Mu

Mamma Mu

Onin- likes small boys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1300 posts
  • Interests:I'm not gonna write about my interests, because<br />1. I don't have any<br />2. Maybe I have, but why should I share them with you?<br />3. I have a social life which I don't intend to share with some random assholes on the intwerwebz<br />Even thou the climate is changing and we'll never know what's actually happening so it's best to just hope to live long and happily. We're all gonna die one day, most of us will never know how we're gonna die until the actual moment we die unless the person who knew how he/she would die had planned it, thou making it a suicide. As some of you guys might know, there's a 1000 character limit on this little piece of shit and I've only reached 670 so far. Only because I want to reach the limit I'm totally gonna write here until I've exactly reached the limit. For you pedos/stalkers out there, I live in Sweden (northern europe/scandinavia), to be precise in Stockholm which is Sweden's capital. Tbh there are more stuff in Sweden than blonde girls. Unfortunately I haven't
  • Bnet Name: G-Arena: Shjort
  • Bnet Realm:Azeroth

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:03 AM

YES, its possible
and it's a much better idea than the spin

Edited by Mamma Mu, 01 January 2010 - 05:04 AM.

#3 Rayzilla

Rayzilla

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Bnet Name:raydude714

Posted 01 January 2010 - 03:15 PM

Except spell detection would be a problem. Doable, but horribly painful in the process.

#4 Mamma Mu

Mamma Mu

Onin- likes small boys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1300 posts
  • Interests:I'm not gonna write about my interests, because<br />1. I don't have any<br />2. Maybe I have, but why should I share them with you?<br />3. I have a social life which I don't intend to share with some random assholes on the intwerwebz<br />Even thou the climate is changing and we'll never know what's actually happening so it's best to just hope to live long and happily. We're all gonna die one day, most of us will never know how we're gonna die until the actual moment we die unless the person who knew how he/she would die had planned it, thou making it a suicide. As some of you guys might know, there's a 1000 character limit on this little piece of shit and I've only reached 670 so far. Only because I want to reach the limit I'm totally gonna write here until I've exactly reached the limit. For you pedos/stalkers out there, I live in Sweden (northern europe/scandinavia), to be precise in Stockholm which is Sweden's capital. Tbh there are more stuff in Sweden than blonde girls. Unfortunately I haven't

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE(Rayzilla @ Jan 2 2010, 01:15 AM) View Post

Except spell detection would be a problem. Doable, but horribly painful in the process.

no? just get a trigger that checks for any spellcasts, then if an ultimate/untargeted skill then just quit, else check if the targeted unit have this buff (i think it's easiest to make it as an aura just like juxtapose), then do the random stuff of the skill and complete it creating a linkens like effect and just disable plagiarism for the controlling player and add the casted skill, shudnt be too hard

#5 kzzrt23

kzzrt23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE(Mamma Mu @ Jan 1 2010, 09:03 PM) View Post

YES, its possible
and it's a much better idea than the spin

I take criticisms to heart.

and also i changed how the backfire wiorks

#6 Snake_Style

Snake_Style

nothing to say, 'cause it's already said

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2404 posts
  • Interests:dota, programming, etc
  • Bnet Name:no bnet lawl

Posted 02 January 2010 - 02:43 AM

causing the hero to lose mana equal to the manacost of the spell.

This could be a pain to get correct, although I haven't played in a good while so can't really say much (what I mean is - getting the mana cost from the casting unit is possible, just some stuff could mess with the caster's mana - like old KotL's Mana Leak - to make the calculation incorrect)

#7 Rayzilla

Rayzilla

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Bnet Name:raydude714

Posted 02 January 2010 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE(Mamma Mu @ Jan 1 2010, 08:43 PM) View Post

no? just get a trigger that checks for any spellcasts, then if an ultimate/untargeted skill then just quit, else check if the targeted unit have this buff (i think it's easiest to make it as an aura just like juxtapose), then do the random stuff of the skill and complete it creating a linkens like effect and just disable plagiarism for the controlling player and add the casted skill, shudnt be too hard

I was talking about the types of spells. Triggered spells like meledict, impale, and sven's aoe stun would each require a different way of removing spell effect for this spell to work -> painful process. Then there's the question of rain of fire/explosm (pitlord) or kotl's nuke or even kotl's mana leak. Would aoe spells be detected by buff or by a time window function. How would the single targeted spells be avoided, by spell block(linkens) or by buff removal. Time window wouldn't work for pitlord cause his nuke lasts for a while. Detecting spells by damage and buff seems to be ideal but then there's meledict, which has no buff.
Cause the way I see it, if you use a time window after casting a spell and remove buff of that specific ability, there might be an interval at which the buff still applies, like a stun or an overtime spell. If you give spell block after spell casted, there could be a chance where you use dagon before the spell hits. Could also do a triggered heal after spell hits and remove buff, but some spells dont have a buff like meledict. Could do a .01 second interval check and remove buff I guess.

#8 kzzrt23

kzzrt23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE(Rayzilla @ Jan 3 2010, 08:20 AM) View Post

I was talking about the types of spells. Triggered spells like meledict, impale, and sven's aoe stun would each require a different way of removing spell effect for this spell to work -> painful process. Then there's the question of rain of fire/explosm (pitlord) or kotl's nuke or even kotl's mana leak. Would aoe spells be detected by buff or by a time window function. How would the single targeted spells be avoided, by spell block(linkens) or by buff removal. Time window wouldn't work for pitlord cause his nuke lasts for a while. Detecting spells by damage and buff seems to be ideal but then there's meledict, which has no buff.
Cause the way I see it, if you use a time window after casting a spell and remove buff of that specific ability, there might be an interval at which the buff still applies, like a stun or an overtime spell. If you give spell block after spell casted, there could be a chance where you use dagon before the spell hits. Could also do a triggered heal after spell hits and remove buff, but some spells dont have a buff like meledict. Could do a .01 second interval check and remove buff I guess.

No, only certain active, single-targeted, non-ultimate spells. Most certainly like Hex, Magic missile, Lvl Death and other things like that. the Spell dont have to be a nuke to be plagiarised, it can be a disable.

Edited by kzzrt23, 03 January 2010 - 03:57 AM.

#9 nikkolausi

nikkolausi

Forum Bear

• Forum Crew
  • 896 posts
  • Bnet Name:nikkolausi
  • Potential:G

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:18 AM

Since the new Linkens can block most (triggered or not) targeted spells, it shouldn't be a problem to adjust that trigger to work the way you described.

#10 kzzrt23

kzzrt23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 06:17 AM

QUOTE(nikkolausi @ Jan 3 2010, 08:18 PM) View Post

Since the new Linkens can block most (triggered or not) targeted spells, it shouldn't be a problem to adjust that trigger to work the way you described.

oops.. i forgot to include that Linken's Sphere spellblock checks first before this skill.

#11 Dagguh

Dagguh

.: Brave new life :.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1911 posts
  • Interests:Improving DotA animations ^^
  • Bnet Name:Dagguh
  • Potential:CR

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:01 PM

Would need to create an array with each spell (times its levels) manacost just for this ability

#12 falconwing64

falconwing64

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Bnet Name:PoS.MAX

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:51 PM

Wasn't a hero like this in dota once?

But got removed because the ability was permanent -> leading to bottle spam?

Just checking, sorry if this is off-topic.

EDIT: I think it was grab spells from an AoE around him within the past x seconds?

Edited by falconwing64, 06 January 2010 - 04:51 PM.

#13 Mamma Mu

Mamma Mu

Onin- likes small boys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:46 PM

it was morphling old ulti

#14 kzzrt23

kzzrt23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE(falconwing64 @ Jan 7 2010, 08:51 AM) View Post

Wasn't a hero like this in dota once?

But got removed because the ability was permanent -> leading to bottle spam?

Just checking, sorry if this is off-topic.

EDIT: I think it was grab spells from an AoE around him within the past x seconds?

Yes i remember that was Spell Steal.

Plagiarise just stores CERTAIN active, targeted, non-ultimate skills that is TARGETED ON THE HERO WHO HAS THIS SKILL., not copying those around him. It can't store AoE or Active buff skills.

Spells that can be Plagiarised are (final list still pending):

Autocasts: (can only cast 1 shot)

Arcane Orb
Frost Arrows
Searing Arrows
Burning Spear
Glaives of Wisdom
Poison Attack

Active:

Frost Nova (will still affect other units)
Ensnare
Adaptive Strike (stat effect still applies)
Magic missile
Laser
Lvl? Death
Hex & Voodoo
Impale (if targeted on the hero)
Chaos Bolt
Poison Touch
Lightning Bolt
Arc Lightning, Chain Lightning, Paralyzing Casks, & Mystic Snake (stops jumping when stored)
Lucent Beam
Spirit Lance (illusion wont work for the hero re-casting this spell, just slow)
Shadow Word
Decrepify
Frostbite
Open Wounds
Hellfire Blast
Viscous Nasal Goo
Gush
Dragon's Tail
Forked Lightning (will still affect other units)
Lightning Storm (will still affect other units)
Void (nighttime duration still applies)
Soul Steal (terrorblade will still channel LOL)
Bloodrage
Spectral Dagger (will still leave a trail of shit until it hits you)
Malefice
Ion Shell
Enfeeble
Brainsap
Nightmare
Double Edge (instead of losing mana when spell backfires, you lose HP equivalent to its level)
Spawn Spiderlings (still spawns spiders)
Mana Burn
Shadow Strike
Shuriken
X Marks The Spot
Mana Drain
Battle Hunger
Penitence (except when used by an ally)
Test of Faith
Purge (from the satyr neutral)

Thats about everything... let me know if i missed something... Im still thinking if i should include the Dagon Energy Burst though.

Edited by kzzrt23, 08 January 2010 - 05:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users